“Very Relaxing”
Review of Mercure Pontianak

Mercure Pontianak
Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Pontianak
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Everything about this hotel was spot on. My family & I enjoyed every bit of our stay. Catered for every age. Fantastic Services and friendly Staff in all areas. We liked it in every way. Location, cleanliness, restaurants, breakfast-dinner buffi, pools, spa & lobby. It was a great stay for us, very relaxing. So impressed with the touch of people here.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Ariansyori
Mercure Pontian... I, Public Relations Manager at Mercure Pontianak, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2014

Dear Ariansyori,

Greeting from Mercure Pontianak,

Thank you for your kind feedback for Management during your visit or stay at Mercure Hotel Pontianak. We are really appreciate your positive comment and already forward to our management team. We hope you will have the same experience as well as your last visit in our hotel.

We would like to welcoming back you in the very near future. Thank you and have a nice day.

Best regards,

There are newer reviews for Mercure Pontianak

Reviewed 17 August 2014

This was my first visit to Pontianak and a business associate had recommended this Hotel strongly - nearer to the Airport (about 20 mins) and next to a Shopping Centre. As there were not too many hotels to choose from in Pontianak in the first place, I booked for a two nights stay.

It was mainly my fault to have checked in late, around 6pm. Feeling tired after a day's of travelling in two flights from Spore (via Jakarta), we were first assigned a third floor floor, facing directly to the elevators. But once in the room, we could hear the next door occupants' kids jumping up and down (adjoining doors for two Deluxe twin rooms), we opted for a change of rooms immediately and was assigned the lowest floor room, 203.

I had earlier requested for a higher floor quiet room, facing the Hotel's pool but obviously, these requests were overlooked! Our second Deluxe room was quite small, to be frank, and the Twin beds was a tad too hard for our liking, pillows were OK. But this room, like our first room, was also facing directly the elevators and and a small side street.

I normally would have rejected such rooms but we were simply too tired and they had claimed the Hotel was almost full. Cars' noises was audible in the room but it was tolerable. Luckily, we did not have noisy neighbours this time!

But we soon realised that this second room was boiling hot even though we had set the air con to full blast ... A call to Reception has a repairman to come and service the air con - dirty filters that had not been washed for years were then shown to us, yucks! He spent about 20 minutes servicing the air con and after that, the room was cool and nice! Obviously, after a tiring day of travelling, we slept pretty well I have to admit.

The in room TV has many channels, many in English including Singapore's Channel NewsAsia, but reception was very poor! There was also a safe, minibar, kettle for boiling water and 2 bottles of mineral waters in the room. We were also served welcome drinks in the Lobby, nice! Breakfasts was extra and I booked it while booking the room and it was probably the best feature of this hotel - many local Indonesian dishes, you are really spoilt for choice - yummy!

The other gripes of staying here other than the poor air-con are -
1. the free Wifi is so slow and almost non-existent at times in the room. In this day and age, this is really frustrating!
2. the whole room's workmanship had felt really cheap and poor even though the Hotel is only about 5 years old
3. They only offer one toothbrush set for a Twin room!?
4. The pool was so small and if you were swim during breakfast time, good luck, as all eyes are on you as the pool is facing the Restaurant directly!
5. Some of their Staff English are fine but some are very poor ...
6. at 1am, our phone in the room rings for no reason? Strange ...

So if you want to have a good Location for shopping, closer to the Airport and great breakfasts, stay here. If not, I would suggest you look elsewhere. For us, our next stay would be in a spacious Executive Suite (48 sqm as opposed to a Deluxe here at only 32 sqm) at the Hotel Aston, where breakfasts are included and the rates, somewhat similar to the Mercure.

Room Tip: Check in earlier and insists on a higher floor, quiet room.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Mercure Pontian... I, Public Relations Manager at Mercure Pontianak, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Mr/Mrs JChua,

Warmest Greeting in from Equator...

First of all I would like to express my special thanks for your time spare to write the comment on your experience during your stay at Mercure Pontianak.

We believe that we have tried to apply our Brand standard as "MERCURE" is one of International Brand which are now 720 which can be found in 90 countries worldwide. To be compliance with the Brand Standard is our main concern.

We really appreciate your input and for sure will check the wifi and room condition and take immediately action related to your comment as well.

However, we do apologize for the inconvenience caused.

We are very happy to welcoming back in the near future. Have a nice day.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I've stayed here for twice and still have a great experiences. Helpful and Professional Staff, breakfast with the complete menus (also available herbal drinks), and the location near the Mall, and there is Garuda Indonesia branch office, so we can arrange our trip easily.

Quite satisfied here.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear, BD-M7

Warm Greetings,

Thank you for taking your time for giving comment in Tripadvisor,
Our Management is highly appreciate your review about our hotels.
Your positive feedback, become our motivation to give our best for all hotel guest.

We are waiting to welcoming back you in a future. Thank you.

Regards,

Reviewed 17 June 2014

A dedicated & smiling team, under the excellent direction of their hotel manager (November 2013). You can see that she is leading and developing her team perfectly. Top Accor standards.
Breakfast is very good, with fine Indonesian and Western meals. Clean rooms, convenient shopping mall on the corner.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank BD_M7
Mercure Pontian... I, Public Relations Manager at Mercure Pontianak, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear BD_M7

Warm Greeting from Mercure Pontianak Hotel.

Thank you for spare your time to write some positive review in Tripadvisor.
Your comments already spread to all team here. We really happy and appreciate got comment from you, also always try to give our best to you and another guest in a future.

Once again thank you for staying with us, and we waiting for welcoming you back again in a future.

Sincerely yours,

Moddy sumayku
prm@mercurepontianak.com

Reviewed 11 June 2014

helpful reception staff but cant remember their names. most of them are focus and dedicated.
location was closed to Mall but if raining quite difficult to go unless provide shuttle
breakfast selection good
room ok

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Mercure Pontian... I, Public Relations Manager at Mercure Pontianak, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Mr/Mrs Hamdan H.

Greetings from the Equator city,

We are happy to receive your feedback and more than happy to know that you are satisfied with our service especially our Front Office Team, Breakfast and room. Thank you very much for your compliment, and I will share this to all the staff in General Meeting. I believe this will motivate them to give better service to all of our guest.

Then, it will be our pleasure to welcoming you again in the nearest visit to Pontianak. Thank you very much.

Faithfully,
Public Relations Manager
Mercure Pontianak

Reviewed 30 May 2014

So this is my first time to Kalimantan ever..
I order through accor website and got 3 days of 2 promotion. Great!
And because my accor card is platinum, I got upgrade from superior to deluxe! Plus the great thing I can go I can go to my room at 10 AM, so it's very early check in.
I arrive at hotel at 7.45 AM but the room not ready yet, so I go to my friends room and wait there since they came 2 days earlier. And the FO give my keys around 10 am.
And more, I got plate of apples in my room. The next day and the day after I got plate of chocolates!!wowwww
my friends amaze, how come we are both platinum (my friend who book the room is platinum, but the other friend is not), but only you got the chocolates... ?? beats me
And it's just <200m from the biggest mall in Pontianak, so lunch and dinner is easy.
Though my friends say the staffs don't speak very good english, I help them to talk in bahasa Indonesia. And everything just great. Thanks

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Hulupibhadranti,

Greetings!

Thank you for your time spent to write some comments regarding Mercure Pontianak. I have shared your feedback to all of team members. I believe by receiving positive comment from valued guest like you, we could always improve our services and product quality.

We would be more than happy to welcoming you back to our Hotel in the soonest time.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 22 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
MercurePontianak, Manajer Hubungan Masyarakat at Mercure Pontianak, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014