Aston Pontianak Hotel & Convention Center
US$20
  • Free Internet
Star Hotel(Pontianak)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdynasty restaurantdim sumsiomaifriendly waitresshang out with friendsmy favswimming poolnice hotelshopping malltop floorcozy roomstar hoteldelicious foodin townnice servicetwo thumbsthe general manager
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 May 2013

at first, i cannot imagine why they took this place as a hotel site. compare to the sourounding, this is the best new building, the other one is very old shophouse.
reception process is ok, but no welcome drink offered, room is quite spacious but ac is not working properly, wifi connection is also terible. i got the last room at the end of the hall with noisy people chating at emergency stairs up to midnite. bed also ok but with terrible quality of pillow.
good things is the breakfast, a lot of local food as well as western food. the chef itself, or man with a high white hat keep around us to make sure the breakfast is ok, fortunatelly, this is good.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank gondel g
Reviewed 31 March 2013

This is not a pretentious hotel and yet, for an Aston, it's a jewel in their crown. I've stayed at a few Astons around the country and this is by far the best.

The F&B manager took good care of us and catered to our non-halal requirements; very good personalised service.

Quite an effective conversion of a shopping mall into a hotel / convention centre although it's poor planning to have to trudge all the way to the end of the foyer and through the restaurant just to use a toilet....

The rooms are quite well appointed and comfortable although my colleague had problems with a leaking aircon unit that required a room swap.

Check all the details of your booking on the way in as to expect them to be as requested may disappoint.....

I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Marcus B
Reviewed 21 March 2013

i felt so satisfy with Aston Hotel's service, either the room service or the restaurant (for breakfast) crew. they served me very well and always gave their best smile. i promise to back to Aston again if i go to Pontianak and will subscribe it as well.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Raja Kamar
1  Thank Dhira M
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Several times I stayed at Pontianak, give me a lot of pleasure to be stay at Aston Pontianak Hotel. Some of my Boss always stayes there, and the recommend the hotel, because great serve. And they wanna be back to this hotel if they come to Pontianak. This hotel is very recommended !!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Rachmad_Santoso_Tan
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Check in took ages compared to other hotels!!! First night I had a nice room except that it faced onto the inner court yard or garden restaurant (indoor courtyard) so I had the lounge singer blaring into my room up to 10pm. Lounge staff couldn't even get my drink order right. Breakfast was eggs I didn't order (fried eggs broken and over cooked) and no knife, salt, pepper or service at the outside tables. Check out was a nightmare as it took for ages. Unplanned we had to stay 2 more nights and as we had already checked out we had to go through the the whole lengthy check in and then after dragging my own bags up to the 3rd floor I found I was given the wrong room (a twin bed room) and had to drag everything back down to reception. Finally I was allocated another room (258). TV volume control doesn't work and the TV is softer than the deep based disturbing night club music that starts up somewhere in the hotel around midnight. The CR Manager phoned earlier in the evening to do a quality survey and I told her the walls were filthy, and even after promises it was still the same the next day and all it needs is a damp cloth. Lounge service is totally slow and pathetically they just cant seem to get an order right even after i wrote it down for them as they never write up an order at the table. They tried to add 3x mineral waters to my bill in the lounge and the waitress happily explained that, that's for the Ice i had in my drinks.It was then removed from my bill after I refused to accept it. The Barman reserves his single tall glass for anyone that may order juice and so my request for a tall glass was ignored regardless of what my drink and mix tastes like in a short glass. Room service takes ages and a 4 star hotel just shouldn't run out of tenderloin steak. Also no salt pepper or sauces with room service. Just like in the restaurant.The fruit at the steam boat table is overrun with ants. The hotel is situated in an old area of the town and you have to keep your curtains closed even during the day to prevent the neighbors from looking straight into your room from 10-20m away. Most frustrating is the night club music that vibrates right into the bed. The solution from the duty manager is to move me to another room after midnight and then when I declined he suggested that the next time I visit the hotel...... There wont be a next time, thank you!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business