* Second closest to Ijen Crater, about 45 mins drive (after Catimor Homestay)
* Very beautiful scenery and surroundings
* (Unexpectedly) working hot shower
* Dirty room
* Breakfast is only 2 pieces of bread! (for a long hike, trust me : it won't be enough!!)
* Pricey dinner (IDR 50.000,- per person)
* And dirty room (yes, again!)
This homestay is owned by the government (National Plantation), not privately owned.. So it's explain a bit about all the mess..
Many driver and guide hanging around in the hotel.. Just beware of them when they try to sell you their service.. If you would need a guide, better ask one of the miner at the Paltuding post, since they more deserved the money.. Some of them can speak a bit English too..
An update from early March trip, the entrance fee is IDR 15.000,- and there's a camera fee now for IDR 30.000,-..
And back again to the hotel problem, if you take a packaged tour including this hotel, just request for another hotel.. The much better one will be in Ketapang, Banyuwangi area.. It's about 90 mins to the crater, but with whole lot better quality of sleep and meals, with *amazingly* almost the same price!
- Also Known As:
- Arabica Homestay Hotel Java
- Arabica Homestay Banyuwangi, Indonesia - Java