“good location”

Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Banyuwangi
Denpasar, Indonesia
“good location”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

as a part of our nyepi getaway from bali, we decided to visit banyuwangi east java. since it is a last minute decision, we pick this hotel as we could not book our preferred hotel.
the location of this hotel was very good, only 5 minutes drive from Ketapang ferry harbour and only 10 minutes drive from the city of Banyuwangi.
the price was ok for a budget hotel, the front desk staff was very helpful with informations of surrounding area. the breakfast was ok but not too much options.

my concern were the room was a bit tired, the bathroom was smelly, no hot water, and located next to a mosque which were very loud on prayer time.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank BaliAddict741

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Booked this hotel online for a family trip to Banyuwangi. The hotel is clean and has a large parking area so no trouble when parking the car.
The location is not in the center of the town and it's not near to the beach. Need a vehicle to go to nearest beach. But for those who wants to go to Ijen Crater or Baluran National Park, this might be good hotel to stay.
The room is also clean and neat. The furnitures are okay. The bathroom, unfortunately, not so good as the bedroom. Be advised that hot water is only available at VIP room.
The food is good. Fried rice and fried noodle are good. However, it is highly recommended to take breakfast as soon as the restaurant open or you will have nothing to eat :-).
In overall, the hotel is good, the people is also friendly and you get for the price you pay.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 25 December 2013

An architectural charmer, this hotel is spread across an expanse of gardens, but the rooms have seen better days. Hot water and new ac make the place acceptable, and the rooms and grounds are kept clean, but not uptodate. If I had found the Mahkota the last time I was in Banyuwangi ten years ago, I would have been thrilled by this place. But Banyuwangi deserves a better hotel for the 21st century. The restaurant is great, although the simple buffet breakfast was inhabited by more flies than guests.

Room Tip: It's worth paying for the deluxe in the corner, far from the restaurant. There's a lovely ve...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in a double room with AC for 200.000 IDR per night.

I must note that we did not explore Banyuwangi at all. We just came here to visit Ijen crater and the sulfur lake and were picked up and dropped off at the hotel. So we can't really judge about the location of this place, however we noticed it is quite a drive from the centre.

Our room was fine. Just basic, reasonably clean, fresh sheets and towels, working AC. The only downside was the cold water shower, but you can't really expect much more for this price.

We also had dinner at the restaurant. You can choose from a menu of standard Indonesian dishes, of which we tried the tempe and the beef hot plate and both were ok. Reasonably priced compared to the portions, but nothing special.

For us it was a good place to stay, but if you want to stay more central then this might not be your 1st choice.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravellingAsia2013
Sidoarjo, Jawa Timur, Indonesia
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Can't expect too much of this hotel which is located near to nowhere. I was forced to stay here due to my condition, suffered bad diarrhea from spicy foods at Bali. The rooms are rather old and filled with outdated wooden furnitures like in my grandpa's house. The pool seemed no one ever took a swim in for months, althought the water looks clean but I encouraged my kids to play and dipped their hands and feet in to the water, no piranhas sighted, it was safe. The food is a steal, cheap and delicious!! I tried their famous grilled fish, shrimps, squid, kangkung, etc. I can't remember when was the last time I ate that much, but I really needed all the energy to recover from diarrhea, and drive my entire family back home safe and sound. BTW, I made the 2nd visit last Lebaran holiday, just to ransack the restaurant and eat like a horse again. Not forget trolling around the "always empty swimming pool", as my kids playing with the water. I whispered to the Balinese statue on the poolside, "I shall return...."

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JohanChua
Nusa Lembongan, Indonesia
Reviewed 23 April 2013

This is a very nice hotel at a reasonable price. The downside is the location; it is neither close to the port, or downtown, so you will need to take a Bemo or a taxi wherever you’re going.

The pool is very nice, but the eating options are not great.

It is also in the middle of three mosques, where the nearest one has an overzealous load speaker operator who tries to drown out the noise from the other two. He also went on for about an hour each time.

We had two days in Banyuwangi, and didn’t really see anywhere else that looked as good.

Room Tip: Try and get one furtherst from the mosque.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple