“The warmest, most hospitable place I've stayed”
Review of Eddie's Homestay

Eddie's Homestay
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Banda Aceh
Eddie's Homestay
Ranked #1 of 19 Banda Aceh B&B and Inns
Davis, California
“The warmest, most hospitable place I've stayed”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Eddie and Dani, the brothers who run the guesthouse, are truly the most inviting people. I have traveled the world and have stayed at countless hostels and guesthouses, and Eddie's and Dani's hospitality is unique and incredibly welcomed after so much travel. They greeted me as soon as I entered the door and have done everything possible since to ensure my comfort. It is the end of Ramadan, a time that Eddie and Dani and their friends/family are celebrating, and their assurance of their guests' comfort hasn't wavered at all. In fact, they have served us tons of food and drink, and have made us a part of their family. They are busy entertaining and cooking for all of the people stopping by to celebrate, and must be totally exhausted, but yet still help us with our travels, cook us amazing food, ensure our comfort, and best of all, make us laugh! They are such pleasures to be around! I was planning to stay here for one night, but it's already turned into three. Not only do I love their company, but their guesthouse is super comfortable. FINALLY, a soft, comfortable bed!!!!! I don't often write reviews, but I am so impressed and pleased with my experience here, I had to while I'm still here!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Alison G

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Whitehorse, Canada
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The homestay is run by the brothers Eddie and Danny who were some of the nicest people we have met on our long trip through South East Asia!
The homestay is a very communal place where you can eat together at a big table and hang out on the patio and meet other travelers. You can choose a room with fan, A/C, private or shared bathroom. The rooms are pretty basic with high ceilings and a small shelf. Our room was pretty dark, but we spent most of the time outside anyway. There are plenty of seating areas and hammocks in and outside the house and there is a shared TV as well. The WIFI was the fastest one I have used in Indonesia so far. Motorbikes and surfboards are for rent for a good price and the beach is just a five minute walk away. The place is very quiet, except for the neighbour’s rooster which might wake you in the early morning hours :-)
Eddie and Danny were super helpful and friendly guys and we enjoyed many good conversations with them.
We could store our kiteboarding gear when we went to Pulau Weh and when we came back it felt like coming home…
Another highlight in Lhognka was the food. There are two restaurants just a couple minutes up the road which serve some of the best food we had on Sumatra: Harry’s coffee shop by the river just serves omelettes, fried noodles and pancakes. His banana-chocolate pancake is definitely the best and biggest one we ever had. Dian’s kitchen serves great Indonesian food and definitely the best fruit shakes! You can also have great and freshly prepared food at the homestay. The banana porridge will keep you fueled up for hours of surf.
We enjoyed our stay so much that we didn’t want to leave! Thank you so much Eddie and Danny for having made our stay such a wonderful experience! We wish you the best of luck and lots of success in the future!
TIP: The Aceh province is probably the most Islamic part of Indonesia which means there is a strict dress code, mostly for women. Knees and elbows have to be covered in public at all times and don’t even think about a swim in your bikini! Respect the local laws and customs!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Saphira83
Denpasar, Indonesia
Reviewed 29 March 2014

i have stayed at eddie's for 2 weeks and i was simply overwhelmed. the rooms are nice, beds are comfy and clean, the food is very good and eddie and his brother dani are the biggest sweathearts. they are the most helpful, lovely and funny characters i met so far in indonesia. you walk in and become immediatelly part of the family and crew. here is where the people meet also because it is the only place that has beer in the fridge. so some evenings you find yourself on the veranda sourrounded by people you met in the line up during the day that pop in for a drink. it is THE place to socialise. but you also get your privacy there don't you worry. it seems like all people that stayed there are allready waking up with a smile and after comming back from the surf everyone is in a good mood for the rest of the day. i will come back for sure! thank you eddie and dani, i simply love and miss you guys!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank KimNelly1981
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I went by for a week and stayed for 10. This place feels like a second home. With all the trimmings. The rooms are fantastic! Modern,clean, and bright!
The best thing about this place though is the service. Eddie and danni are FANTASTIC. Two of the nicest guys I've ever met. True Indonesian hospitality!!! There is a great restaurant down the road and a shop next door. Eddie and danni have bikes to rent to get into town or to head to waterfalls and jungle rides the roads south are FANTASTIC with monkeys and coffee shops with fantastic views!!! 2 hours south is a national park wardens camp looking after a baby elephant. I had a great day there in fact I think I went twice!!!

• Stayed December 2013
16 Thank Sillyhaircut
Copacabana
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Eddie's homestay is a wonderful place to stay and after my recent visit is my favourite guesthouse in South East Asia! Eddie's rooms are very well priced, clean and comfortable. The bedding in the rooms is fantastic - my room had one of the comfiest beds I've ever slept on - I slept well every night! Eddie's has kitchen and laundry facilities, an immaculate bathroom and a great outdoor area. Eddie and his staff keep the whole place very clean and there is WiFi throughout the whole premises including in the rooms. Eddie also offers motorbike and car rental at a very cheap price which is a bonus!

On our third night we had a beautiful home cooked meal prepared by Eddie's family. It was truly one of the best meals I've ever had. Everybody at the guesthouse was so grateful for such a delicious feed. It's definitely not one to miss! Eddie and his brother Danny are two of the loveliest people you will ever meet and bend over backwards to make sure their guests are happy. The location is prime - right opposite the golf course that leads to the beach and close to a small supermarket. There's also excellent warungs within walking distance.Eddie's was a highlight for me at the end of a six month trip throughout South East Asia and I would highly recommend it to anybody travelling to Lhoknga. There's no hassles, it's quiet but still great for socialising. 10/10 from me!

Thank you Eddie for a wonderful stay, I will definitely be back again!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
15 Thank Charlotte R
New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I only stayed a night at Eddy's Homestay but I would recommend it to any backpacker or even a family willing to rough it a bit. Eddy and his family, survivors of the 2004 tsunami, have built a lovely place from scratch with great food and a relaxed vibe. The rooms are spacious clean and have everything you need including wifi. Eddy is generous, arranging everything from taxi to a day out fishing.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
8 Thank Michael C
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Wonderful place with fantastic service and food. I stayed for 16 days. Eddie, Dani and staff well and truly went above and beyond to look after me and other guests on the premises. Great place to socialise also. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Sunscreen, mosquito repellent, coils and spray available from the shop.