Bagan Princess Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$98
Motel Zein(Nyaung U)
US$30
US$28
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Stayed there recently with some photographer friends for 3 nights. Soon after checking in, we noticed tonnes of dust at the reception. If one carefully observe on the chairs and tables there, they are soaked with tonnes of dust. At the first glance, my friends were happy with the condition of the deluxe rooms but later notice there was no hot water available. I stayed at the superior room ( got downstairs room) which was totally separate one from the hotel and didn't get hot water through out my stayed there. One can hear all the footsteps and noise from upstairs. Breakfast was stone cold all the time. There was a bird nest in my friend room and pigeons were running here and there inside his room. When we talked about that to the manager, he refused that there is no bird nest inside the room. Some of the staffs there are very friendly and helpful. We have one dinner there and it was really good one. Hot shower problem was never solved although we complained many times at the reception. Internet is available only at the lobby. I will never come back to this hotel. This hotel is very close to many major sightseeing place in Bagan.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank khunmyo
Reviewed 23 January 2014

1. Booked standard room - its located outside hotel in a completely different building. Unacceptable room quality - dark rooms with wooden windows, wet, dirty bathroom (for 110usd/night cmon). The room was more like a basement. We complained and were upgraded to superior, which was the only positive thing I can say about this hotel. Anyway, it is cheating of the guests. I think nobody would book the room if there were more pics on the internet.
2. Superior room was better, but AC not working, toilette flushing not working (repaired after I complained), room too dark and wet with only limited option to ventilate air.
3. The staff had no uniforms or tags, so you never know who do you talk to and what is his job in the hotel. Very poor knowledge of English. Only the guys cleaning our room were quite friendly and smiling, the rest was totally unfriendly.
4. Poor maintenance of the room. The staff sweep fallen leaves in front of the hotel, but there was water leaking from pipes in the bathroom.
5. We had a cockroach in the bathroom, we killed it and keep the lights turned on during nights in the bathroom. Our booking was prepaid and after complaining standard room I doubted that they will refund me more than 300 usd in cash.
6. Overpriced. Worst value/quality ratio I have ever seen. I asked them to get me a taxi in the morning to drive me to the bus station (1.5 km). It cost me 7 USD! It is expensive even according to European standards. When I told this to the receptionist, he only laugh to me.

Overall, it is apparent that the hotel poorly managed by some greedy manager. They only benefit from the fact the hotel is mentioned in Lonely planet. I would never stay there again.

Room Tip: Dont stay there, there are many batter hotels in Bagan with this hotel rates.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Matej K
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights, I was shocked to see the condition of this deluxe room with 2 king beds that we checked into. There were a few cupboards in this room - they were unusable because of the dust in them. The carpet has a lot of stains and was really really dirty so we couldn't walk in the room without our sandals and to top it all the reception was very dusty, there was no wifi, the breakfast was terrible, unfriendly owner. If you have to choose this hotel for some reason, please ask them to send a photograph of the room they are going to check you into, before choosing this hotel.

Room Tip: Please ask them to send you the photograph of the room they are going to check you into, to make sure they have no carpet or broken tub.
1  Thank Shobha D
Reviewed 8 January 2014

The Bagan Princess stood out for its absolutely unhelpful staff in stark contrast to every other person we met in Myanmar. From the supervisor to the desk clerk, they made unhelpfulness the central theme of every response.

When we checked in, we were so tired, we did not inspect the room and instead went straight to dinner. When we came back, we noticed that the room was big, it was dirty.

The bathtub was cracked and dirty but we were too tired to move to another room. Moreover the water stagnated in the bathroom after a shower. The hot water was noticeable only for its absence.

On our first night, we woke up at 2 AM to discover rats running around our ceiling and when we woke up in the morning, we found droppings in our bathroom.

For breakfast the next day, they served rancid butter. And they were stingy with refreshing the breakfast buffet. We had to wait a long time for pancakes to be refilled. When we complained to the supervisor, we got the most desultory response. No apologies, no promise to fix etc.,

Please avoid this hotel like the plague!! Though the rooms are big, with the poor staff they have it just results in more dirt being accumulated in the rooms.

2  Thank sathyany
Reviewed 6 January 2014

The hotel is in a great location. Rooms are comfortable. It is close to many interesting places and has a great restaurant next door. Easy to get horse drawn carriage: tip:if you want to ride this, just ask the reception to arrange for you. Great pool: tip: be sure to bring your swimsuit. Tip: if you happen to go there when weather is cold, bundle up, there is no heater.
Things to improve: 1. Needs more lighting, the lobby is dark and dim. Rooms are dark even with all the lighting. 2. Will be good to dust all the furniture and statues everyday and let guests know they are for sale, display them in bright light. 3. Needs to stock some fliers and books on Bagan and Myanmar and daily newspaper in the lobby.