Areindmar Hotel
Motel Zein(Nyaung U)
US$30
US$28
Agoda.com
All reviewsnew baganfloating candlessmall poolgood sizesmall choicenice boutique hotelgreat bathroompool areathe main roadquiet streetfresh fruitroom was largebreakfast buffethappy hourtour groupelectric bikesstayed here for nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 December 2013

The hotel is completely sorrounded by a war zone-like construction area, so you really can't leave the compound without navigating dusty and chaotic inpaved roads and streets. The hotel is much smaller than the photos suggest, though it is clean and the staff attentive.

What is infuriating is that the internet simply doesn't work. Quite frankly, I only chose this hotel as it advertised wi-fi service, which did not work the entire three days we were there. I was deceived and would have prefrred to spend much less money on another hotel had I known I couldn't expect wi-fi service.

The menu prices for food served in the restaurant were the highest I saw in Burma.

I do not recommend this hotel at all.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Christopher R
Reviewed 13 December 2013

This was the one hotel in Myanmar where we had a pool, and it was a great one. The rooms feel very British, with lots of teak and wood furniture. The bathroom and who was amazing, complete with a rainshower. The hotel restaurant has happy hour with half-price drinks from 4 to 6 daily, and is right next to the pool. The path to the pool and restaurant was next to a very cool pond with fish, and lily pads--and floating candles at night. We really loved this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NorseAnn
Reviewed 6 December 2013

After browsing hotels in Bagan I stumbled on this hotel online and thought I would give it a try. The booking through agoda was quick and simple and we organised a driver to pick us from the airport and drive us to the hotel. The hotel has a lovely architecture and seems to be new. Even though we arrived early our room was ready and we had a corner room on the ground floor. The room was big and had a big bathroom and a comfortable bed. The room was clean but a bit dark. It had all the amenities one would expect from a four star hotel though. I was however not a big fan of the toiletries such as shower gel and shampoo as they did not seem nicely packed but were in small glass jars which just did not give me a good impression. Staff was polite and helpful and were eager to help. The breakfast was very good and had a good selection. I did not use the pool but it looked inviting and was nicely maintained.
Wifi was available but it was patchy and did not work in our room which was annoying. However it worked fine in the lobby.
Next to the hotel one can rent electric bicycles which are a must do in Bagan to cover all the temples etc. As the hotel is in New Bagan most of the sights are around 15min away by electric bicycle (in Old Bagan). The scenery is beautiful though and Bagan is a must visit.
I would recommend this hotel and would definitely stay there again. However next time I might look for a hotel which is in Old Bagan.
Btw the hotel now accepts credit card payments which is a big plus.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank jetsetlife888
Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

Arrived in Bagan, not really knowing what to expect but everything exeeded my expectations.
Very nice rooms, no bath but who needs a bath when you can have a nice rainshower. In the evening the inner garden with pond is lit with canddles. The restaurant is well worth a visit. Diner next to the pool under an open sky...to my opinion a 4 star!!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights. The bedrooms are set round a pleasant courtyard with a lily pond in the middle. My room was spacious, had a large wet room (no bath), tea and coffee facilities and a very welcome bowl of fruit when I arrived, as well as a wooden turtle on the bed!. Breakfast was served in the small restaurant off the reception lobby. Omelettes were made to order and the fruit juice was freshly pressed. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. There is no business centre but when I asked about using the internet the staff offered to bring a laptop to reception for my use. WiFi is available.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo