We stayed in a junior suite on the upper level of the new two storey building. The room was very big, beautyful and perfectly clean. We had a balcony with a fantastic view over the temples. I don't think there's many places in the world where you get such a unic view in an affordable hotel.
One mayor problem with the room was that the air conditioning wasn't strong enough for the big room, so it was uncomfortably hot in the room.
Some minor problems:
- There's no shower curtain, so bathroom floor becomes wet when showering
- There's a safe in the room, but I'm not sure if it's possible to use it or if it's just for decoration. It looks like it's bought in an antic shop
- It was difficult to close the door to the balcony
The staff was friendly, but not very well trained. They often seemed confused when we asked them questions.
Most restaurants are quite far from the hotel, so we chose to have dinner in their restaurant one night. Service in this restaurant was extremely slow, the waiters didn't understand us when we ordered, so we had to wait for a manager who spoke english. After that, it took more than an hour to get the food on the table (and we were the only guests in the restaurant for the first half hour).
The breakfast was buffet style and nothing special. There were some asian hot dishes, but the choice was rather limited for western food.
Bagan is a very hot and dry place, so we used the swimming pool both days. The water is green, i guess it's some chemicals or something. Hopefully it was safe to use it... There are some sunbeds around the pool, but they're not very comfortable. They would be much better to use if there were cushions on them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every time you open the curtains from your room, you can see the panorama view of ancient Bagan temples. Located at the edge of archeological monument zone, surrounded by farms and ruins of temples, Kumudara Hotel is the only hotel in Bagan with the unbeatable location where you can enjoy the priceless view of hundreds of pagodas and at least 10 famous ones. Famous pagodas include Su La Ma Ni Pahto, Dhamma Yan Gyi Pahto, Ananada Temple, Shwe San Daw Paya, and That Byin Nyu Temple. Situated in the middle of 4 acres of beautifully landscaped gardens and 12.9 acres of farmland, the atmosphere is very quiet, peaceful and serene. If you are looking for a place to escape from your daily stress at the best location in Bagan, Kumudara Hotel is the right choice for you. This is where your Bagan dream comes true! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Kumudara Hotel Bagan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.