“Nice hotel”

Myanmar Treasure Resort Bagan
Ranked #17 of 47 Hotels in Bagan
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Nice hotel with clean but simple rooms. Located in New Bagan therefore not as close to large pagodas as some other hotels.

Attentative service.

Average restaurant.

Wifi only in reception and not strong enough to cope with the demand.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jajalumaca

Reviewed 11 September 2013

Being used to the Aureum Palace, was very disappointed when my tour operator told me only able to confirm the Treasure Resort. Rooms are standard 4* big but with a cold feeling, amenities average, breakfast good and dinner average - prices standard, but staff at restaurant very pleasant, at front desk ok. Internet only at lobby and does not always work.

Room Tip: Closer to reception always is less walk especially if you want to access the wifi
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bonita B
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We booked our trip quite last minute, and didn't have a choice on what hotel to stay at. We flew early in the morning from Yangon and arrived at the hotel in the morning, staying for 2 nights. Check-in was quick, and although we weren't led to our room by staff, we didn't mind wandering around the flower-lined pathways. Our room was standard in facilities, quite large and comfortable. The reception quickly arranged our bicycles (USD 5 per day), which turned out to be the most comfortable ones that I had used, and advised a path for us to explore the surroundings. Although welcoming, we never used the pool as we were not at the hotel during the day and it is located next to the restaurant, and it's slightly awkward to be swimming next to dining patrons. The breakfast buffet was delicious and definitely a highlight of the hotel. The staff was extremely helpful, and take it upon themselves to assure you that you do not miss your flight. Future guests be warned, that they claim to have wifi at the hotel, but it's really only available near the reception, and actually was broken "due to weather" (it was hot, clear and sunny!) more than half the time we were there.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank missaic
Reviewed 19 June 2013

The Myanmar Treasure hotel in New Bagan is arranged like a small village and is rather charming. The welcome was polite, although I was not too impressed with the staff. I felt them to be rather uninterested – maybe this had to do with low season and the heat!
My room was clean and comfortable and close to the reception area, which was very pleasant as I did not have to walk throughout the resort. I agree with other reviewers that the lighting was not the best, especially if you wanted to read up on what you had visited during the day and were going to visit the next day. And in no way was the room sound-proof. During my stay I had a few bus loads – not only were they loud, but one could hear them walking the corridor as well as talking in their rooms. I would like to emphasize what one reviewer said regarding the temperature sticker in the bathroom – take it seriously as you can really burn yourself.
There is a nice swimming pool that had extremely warm water and therefore gave no opportunity to chill. Those guests who reviewed the water to be cold earlier in the year should return in April/May…..
Breakfasts were o.k. – once there was buffet, then again served breakfast. I had some dinners at the hotel as I did not wish to wander out on my own – I would say the food was o.k., but very costly for the meals that were offered. Even the beer was far more expensive there.
I agree with a reviewer that checkout was very strange – it seems as if all of Burma must check if the rooms are still intact, or if the guests has declared all items consumed from the mini bar or has stolen some valuable asset from the room. This must still be a relic from old times – definitely very unpleasant and happened to me at most hotels, except in Yangon. All in all a fairly nice hotel, but I am unsure I would return.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank MarianneVienna
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Nice village feel to the hotel where each room had an outside space, but my room was adjacent to the local pagoda so it got very noisy from 4 am on one of the nights. Adorable flower decoration on my bed on the day of my departure! Bar was well placed between lobby, pool and rooms, good service.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 April 2013

The hotel has quite a charming feel to it - the beautiful pool, picturesque main lobby building, polite and friendly staff. If I had been on holiday I probably would have been quite happy.

Two things make this hotel not ideal for business:
- Accepts cash only, no credit cards - if you travel to Myanmar alot this is probably not an issue, but important to know before hand as their website doesn't provide this information
- Wifi connectivity only in the main lobby, and is not reliable

The rooms are all housed in separate "wings" within a larger property (sort of like a village feel) - I had a room at the back of the property which can feel a bit isolated at night as the walkways are quite dark. I didn't feel unsafe, but some may do especially if you're travellilng solo. Probably best to ask for a room closer to the main building and pool area.

The room was clean and comfortable, though mine was a little musty.
While I was there the electricity cut out, but this was immediately rectified with the hotel's own generator. Just know that this can happen so be prepared.

One handy piece of advice: the bathroom has a sticker warning guests to check the shower temparture before getting in - follow it! The showers take a few minutes to warm up, but when they do they get very hot.

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the pool and main building. I stayed at the back of the property, which fel...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank PG_Cumbus
Reviewed 17 March 2013

We stayed here January 2013 for 2 nights.
Welcome warm, room spacious and clean.
Electricity kept going off!!
Plenty hot water.
Lovely swimming pool which never got any us so was never even warm so gave it a miss...stuck my toe in..wow, it was cold.
The hotel is in New Bagan so was away from all the dust that is Bagan...the photos you see of misty morning in Bagan is I fact the permanent dust haze hanging over the place. Temples amazing but you really need to be away from it all at night!
Dinner by the pool was good. Breakfast was ok. Didn't have wine but G & T and beer prices ok.
The only thing that annoyed me was that when we checked out the manager insisted we stayed until they had checked the room was still intact....what would we have stolen I asked???? Left a bit of a damper.
Probably would stay again as we didn't see anything we liked better.
We were there when there was a big Temple Festival and guests staying in hotels in Old Bagan didn't get any sleep!!
Every hotel n Myanmar is overpriced due to supply and demand so you all need to bear this in mind when planning your holiday.

Room Tip: We were quite close to reception which was good. Some rooms seemed a long walk away.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple