“Family style hotel with spotty wifi”
Review of Hotel Kimberly

Hotel Kimberly
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Tagaytay
Hong Kong
“Family style hotel with spotty wifi”
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Stayed here with a group of friends and we booked 4 rooms. Rooms are clean. Wifi is extremely bad. Had to re-sign in 4 times to submit this review. Family style hotel. Do not come with other adults and expect a quiet place.

Room Tip: Do not face the pool
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank kmquek
KimberlyGM, General Manager at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this review, 5 June 2013
Dear kmquek,

Thank you for the feedback on your stay at Kimberly. I apologize for the problems you experienced with our wifi. The wi-fi issue has been addressed through a recent upgrade of equipment to allow for greater reach in all areas of the hotel and should not be a problem for future stays. We hope to see you return again.

Natalie Ng

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Tarlac, Philippines
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Checked-in last May 12, 2013 with my entire family. I think the hotel was really good. Quiet location, very attentive and polite staff, clean room and bathroom (except for the shower curtain at 311 and the noisy air-con unit) and breakfast buffet was also good; A few things for the Management to improve on is the garden and the Farm. Grass and plants not trimmed, dried leaves everywhere, not a well manicured garden. I suppose one does not need to manicure the garden everyday, considering its size (considering we came from Caleruega Church before checking-in). The Farm also is not well maintained, or perhaps still under construction?

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Pience
KimberlyGM, General Manager at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Dear Pience,

Thank you for your review of Hotel Kimberly. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel room, the food, and the service. I will also take note of the shower curtain mention which should be a quick fix! My apologies for our gardens and farms but they are truly still works in progress. We've developed the farm initially to serve our kitchen needs and keep a 'few pets' (all of whom have been busy multiplying!). Demand from guests for our farm produce have led us to decide to develop this further. I am sure you will find them much improved should you stay with us again in the future and look forward to being of service to you then..

Halifax, Nova Scotia
Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

We decided to spend the weekend in Tagaytay at the last minute. We couldn't find an available room except in Kimberly Hotel. Of ourselves, I am grateful for the room and the free upgrade. My observations are as follows:-

PRO
- the reservation was very fast and easy. Neth went an extra mile to help us
- we had a free upgrade
- the staff are pleasant and genuinely go out of their way to serve
- the rooms are well-sized
- massage is available. Prompt, reasonably priced and skilled masseuse

CON
- the rooms/bathrooms need more oomph or character. I find them rather spartan and showing their age
- the food is not good at all. Breakfast food is oily and does not taste well. The kitchen staff needs training to achieve the continental standard.

Otherwise, it was a good experience

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank NatureHigh
Dear NatureHigh,

Thank you for your feedback. Happy to hear you were accommodated and liked the hotel. I've noted your comments and suggestions and will use these in our continuous efforts to provide a good experience for all our guests.

Wishing you the best in your travels.

manila
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Very bad experience. Before purchasing a dealgrocer voucher, I called and asked if the date I wanted to reserve was still open for a deal grocer voucher and i was told that it was "open na open". I asked if it is possible to pencil book and was advised that I can't because they need the voucher. I advised Kristina Kanlapan, the Reservations Agent, that I will only be able to purchase after 4 hours. We were assured that the date was still wide open.

When we finally got to purchase (after 4 hrs) and emailed the voucher, we were told that the date we wanted was no longer available and was asked for another date instead. Unfortunately no other date works for us and we said just refund us. They said they can't do it. We were denied to speak with their supervisor and were told that the info being relayed would be the same as what the supervisor would say. After questioning, we found out that the supervisor left already.

We just want our money back and given the poor way we were handled by the reservations officer, I will definitely NOT RECOMMEND to stay there. If they say the booking got filled up within a span of 4 hours, that's fine, just give us our money back.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank larski_mnl
KimberlyGM, General Manager at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this review, 25 April 2013
Dear Larski_MNL,

I am sorry for your regrettable experience with our Reservations staff and have addressed this issue with our staff to prevent this happening again in the future. I hope you understand that while we try to please all our customers, we have other clients to cater to for their booking requirements. It so happened that the day you wanted was truly in high demand. We are more than willing to refund your request and had already stated this within 24 hours of your conversation with Reservations. Since your purchase is with Dealgrocer and not directly to the hotel, we had to clear this with them first before we could inform you.

If you have any other problems, I would truly appreciate it if you could call us to settle this matter. It is unfortunate that did not want to provide a contact telephone to settle this matter properly.

We sincerely wish you the best in your future travels and as I said, we regret in this instance, we weren't able to be of service to you.

Regards,

Cainta, Philippines
Reviewed 12 April 2013

My first time to spend a night at tagaytay. We decided to try this hotel and we were not disappointed. Lobby is inviting. Service is good. Food is great (must try: kare-kare). Premiere room is big enough for our family, with balcony but without scenic view. Over all.. feels like home.

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank pamy_arte
KimberlyGM, General Manager at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
Dear pamy_arte,

Thank you for your lovely feedback. I'm happy to hear you liked everything about Hotel Kimberly from the room, food to the overall surroundings. We certainly look forward to having you again in the hotel!

Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 12 April 2013

The hotel is cozy. Rooms and beds are comfortable and clean. The property is quite big with some sort of backyard farm with a few vegetables and farm animals that could delight small children. Swimming pool is adequate. Book this hotel if you want to peace and quiet surroundings. Less expensive than Taal Vista but worth it.

Breakfast buffet is good. The food from the in-house restaurant is also nice if you don't want to go out anymore as we did during the night of holy thursday.

Overall, it is a nice quiet hotel that I would book again.

Room Tip: Choose the one facing the back of the hotel and away from the elevators.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank grouchalv
Dear Grouchalv,

Thank you for your review! I'm happy to hear you liked the hotel's coziness and peaceful surroundings. We certainly look forward to serving you again in Kimberly when you return!

cebu
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Our kids enjoyed this hotel because of its amenities and its size (it's not too big and the kids felt safe and comfy moving about). They have a nice shallow pool at the back and a mini farm. My kids enjoyed feeding the bunnies and playing in their huge outdoor playground. They also enjoyed running around the grassy field in the back. The breakfast buffet was nice, there was enough variety considering that our kids are picky eaters. Their playroom was also useful entertainment for the kids, especially at night.

There is one drawback though....the hotel's location is quite far from the rest of Tagaytay. You need to have your own car if you decide to book here.

Room Tip: if you want a quiet sleep at night, try to request for a room that's far from the elevator/stair...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank travelling_lawyer0
Dear travelling_lawyer0,

Thank you for your review. I am glad your family enjoyed the hotel and it's farm. We have worked hard to add activities and really appreciate feedback about it!

Our location is about 3km inland from the Taal Lake ridge and allows us to have the space for our guests to relax and enjoy. For those without their own transport, we have shuttle services that makes scheduled rounds within the Tagaytay commercial areas.

I hope to see you again in Kimberly.