“Family Getaway”

Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Tagaytay
Saipan, Mariana Islands
“Family Getaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

We loved staying at this family friendly hotel! The service is wonderful and the facilities great for families with children. It is a bit off the main road, but the hotel staff helped get dependable transportation when needed. It is quiet and peaceful; a great place to get away from noise. Excellent place for any type of "retreat" or ""down time." We only wished there was a jacuzzi/hot tub because the pool water is a bit cold.

Room Tip: Recommend asking for a room on the 3rd or 4th floor to get a view of surroundings.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mbo2014
KimberlyGM, General Manager at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Mbo2014,

Thank you for leaving a great review of your stay and for choosing Hotel Kimberly! I trust you enjoyed your visit and should you return to the Philippines, do come and stay with us again. We would love to be of service to you once more.

With warm regards,

Natalie Ng

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Manila
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

Booking with the hotel was simple enough and the staff at the front desk were friendly and accommodating. The room was nice and comfortable (although given the cool Tagaytay weather, it might have made sense to have a fan instead of aircon). The bathroom was a bit old but still big and complete. The wifi was really slow and rarely connected -- this is a minus given that it's very difficult to get 3G access on our phone networks to begin with. The parking is a great plus as it's easy to park -- it's best to bring a car because that's the easiest way to get around Tagaytay. The front desk was always friendly and accommodating, although there were two requests they failed to call back to follow up on (massage availability and extra room availability), it was easier to just go down and ask face to face. The nice thing about the hotel being so small is that they have a big staircase for people who want to walk up and down easier. The breakfast had a lot of options and was pretty good. What made our experience was when we walked outside to see the pool and the children's play area, we stumbled across the farm! There was a petting zoo on the grounds of the hotel where we could interact with rabbits, sheep, geese, peacocks, turkeys and pigs. That was definitely an interesting experience!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Discursus
KimberlyGM, General Manager at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear Discursus,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I'm happy to note you enjoyed your stay at Kimberly especially with the 'farm suprise'. We are proud of how our little farm is developing and are always happy to share the pets with our guests. It's certainly a hit with our family groups!

Rest assured we are currently addressing our wi-fi issues. Wifi and poor 3G is unfortunately a Tagaytay wide problem but we are working to address it, My apologies for that and if our staff are forgetful at times. This has been brought to their attention as well.

We hope to see you return once more to Kimberly. Glad to be at your service.

Santa Rosa, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

I booked at this for our high school barkada getaway and my girls and I love the hotel. The Staff are courteous. The Place is so massive and so peaceful. I highly recommend this place for family or friends bonding. Nice Breakfast Buffet also. There are some things like to point out though in the bathroom there is only one tissue roll for us to use, there is no mat to dry your feet or even to dry the floor and the Wi-Fi connection is so poor.

Room Tip: Ask for the room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
KimberlyGM, General Manager at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear hsbonding2014,

Welcome to Tripadvisor and thank you for your review! I am glad to read that you had a successful event wherein you all loved the stay and will recommend us to others...that is a compliment of the highest honor!

Rest assured I've taken note of your comments. Our Housekeeping department will readily provide additional toilet paper upon guest request (plus other amenities such as toothbrushes should you forget to bring it!). I am not sure why your room had no mat...this is an oversight I sincerely apologize for as all rooms come with bathmats. Finally we are working to further improve our wi-fi which is unfortunately poor all over Tagaytay.

Regardless, may I invite you to come back and stay with us again. I also suggest you like us on Facebook (Hotel Kimberly Tagaytay) where you will see updates on latest activities, promotions and deals. We look forward to being of service to you once more.

Pasay, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

Got a coupon from Deal Grocer for this hotel and did not regret it! The hotel has a huge grounds with a mini zoo and playground. The pool area was great although the water was so cold. Our whole family enjoyed our stay.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank KAZaam88
Dear KAZaam88,

Thank you for your great review! I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and recommend you like and follow us on Facebook (Hotel Kimberly Tagaytay) so you'll be updated of latest deals, special events and promotions. We look forward to seeing you and your family return.

Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stayed there one night for a wedding the following day. It was recommended by hubby's supplier there. We booked it early via Agoda and got a promo price compared to booking directly to the hotel. I called the hotel to confirmed our booking and choose a room after the transaction from Agoda was done. The operator advised me to book a room facing the road than the parking for a few and less noise. I also request for a Queen bed and a non-smoking floor.

When we got to the hotel after lunch ~230pm, and had no problems with parking in front of the hotel. The place was well guarded and a really nice grassy playground beside the parking...though some thought came through me, if it was my son there, he would run to the parking lot with ease since there was no wall or boarder - that is an accident waiting to happen. Nonetheless, it was a winning playground for my hubby to say that he wants to bring our son on the next Tagaytay visit.

Upon checking-in, we were able to quickly get our room. The lobby was spacious and had ample seating. We went to our room on our own since we just had hand-carry items via elevator. We were on the 2nd floor. Room was clean and simple. Bathroom big though some of the bath accessories were not beside or on top of the sink in the room we were placed in. It was weird having to go pick up the cup for the sink at another wall. There was not counter in front of the mirror so it was also weird but I think that has been fixed this way a long time now. We didn't get to use the air conditioning too much since the weather in Tagaytay was perfect.
There was a safe and a mini fridge that was a big Godsend since I had breastmilk to express and freeze. It's the only hotel I know that was able to freeze my milk overnight. I had too many failed attempts with storing my breastmilk in other hotels, locally and internationally, that it was surely a pleasant surprise for me! [I thought I had to request to have it stored in the hotel's restaurant or hubby's supplier's home. Glad I didn't have to.]
Noticed though that outlets in our room was quite limited - we had to take out a few lamps to ensure we had enough power for our gadgets the next day. Good that I brought along a plug with 4 USB heads for easy charging of my gadgets. My hubby had more problems since his plugs are all different heads.

We stayed in the hotel for the afternoon after check-in. Everything was good though I noticed that we had a noisy neighbor since they had a few kids with them. No problems since it was still the afternoon...oh, how wrong was I. We left around 630pm for dinner. When we got back, 12am or so, we could still hear our neighbors! The walls were quite thin! We were already tired so just had the TV on and slept through the noise.

We had a complementary breakfast buffet and got down around 820am the following day before heading to a morning wedding. The place as filled but we found space!
I saw the pool for the first time and it was quite nice! I'm glad that our room wasn't above or near the pool area since it was crowded!

Breakfast buffet was simple and decently complete. We had to eat and run so it was convenient that our stay had this since some of the other hotels in the area didn't have this and we would have to go out or pay extra for breakfast. Spreads were ample and included coffee/tea, aside from fruit juices.

Some thoughts though with the buffet:
(1) There were quite a few flies around and not enough ways to get them off of the buffet section/table.

(2) There were tons of waiters around but most were standing near the bar and talking while some were so all-over the place buy so I had to call them each time to get quicker service. (We were rushing a bit.) The manager was more helpful. Service was a bit slower...not sure if it's because of the crowd or the time of the day.

(3) There were quite a few utensils/plates that wasn't washed well so I had to have it changed or tell the waiters about it. Some were buffet plates with some egg stains on the edge!

(4) The egg station wasn't really utilized since there was not promotion or maybe people didn't know? There weren't a lot who had their eggs made. Maybe just when we were there.

(5) No placemats? Table was set-up only when you take a seat and tell them how many are you and there weren't any placemats so I felt a bit conscious if anything spilled outside of my place or cup.

In all fairness, we stayed only for a day and did stay in the room most of the day...which could be a different story if we stayed longer.

I would still recommend this hotel for friends as another option with the above disclosures.

Room Tip: I was told by the contact person when I reconfirmed out booking to take the room by the road, not th...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Las Pinas, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013

This is our first overnight stay in Tagaytay and we were not disappointed. The accommodating and courteous staff; nice lobby; expansive grounds; great pool area and rooms; together with Tagaytay's cool weather made our trip a truely relaxing one. We also had a lot of fun in the game room as well as their playground. Ala carte dinner was affordable and the serving for our family of 4 was just right. The buffet breakfast had a lot a typical pinoy choices we enjoyed.

I was looking for a relaxing trip for my family and got it!

Room Tip: Request for a room facing the pool.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank SimplyDivine2013
KimberlyGM, General Manager at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear SimplyDivine2013,

Thank you for your great review! I am glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to have you return to Kimberly again in the future!

Lipa City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

I had so much fun, regarding the food it's so great. The hotel room is awesome. The staffs are so polite. Thank you for the great service. Keep it up,

Hotel Management System, Jinisys Software Inc.,
Ground Floor Cebu Holdings, Cardinal Rosales Avenue, Cebu City,
Cebu 6000(032) 415 8647

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Dear RoselaOaferina,

Thank you for leaving a review of your stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future. Wishing you all the best in your endeavors.