“So much fun and relaxing stay”
Review of Hotel Kimberly

Hotel Kimberly
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Tagaytay
Reviewed 20 February 2014

It's our time of the month ( February ) were we usually go to Tagaytay and feel the cold breeze. We've checked in to different hotels in Tagaytay already and once we didn't enjoy our stay we don't come back anymore.
This place is quite far from the main road of Tagaytay , but once we've entered the premises, I already liked the ambiance. The room they gave us is only 1 queen size bed, so I requested for a 2 single bed. The front desk staff told me that the 2 single bed superior available has no beautiful view so the manager decided to upgrade our room to De-luxe room without extra charge , isn't that amazing and very courteous of them , So we were so happy for the act of kindness they gave us,
The free breakfast is also okay , and we had fun playing around in their playground and watching sheep in the Farm.
Though bathroom shower in not all functioning but that's the only negative I can say . The rest is very good experience. We surely will come back again.

Room Tip: choose the room with pool view
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
KimberlyGM, General Manager at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear Snowblack68,

Thank you for staying at Hotel Kimberly and leaving a review. I'm so glad you had fun during your stay and certainly look forward to seeing you again!

There are newer reviews for Hotel Kimberly

Reviewed 19 February 2014

We had our Communication Planning workshop done at the 2nd Floor, Conference Center and the space was perfect for having large crowd activities and engagements. It had dividers so it can accommodate both large and small group meetings and seminars. The food was fine but I really can't tell for the rest of the meals since our office opted for budget-friendly meals. They have a swimming pool that can be enjoyed by 20 people at the most and a small kiddie pool for the tikes. There's also an obstacle course that gives very little challenge to those who would dare test their speed and stamina. My friend and I tried it for kicks and we couldn't stop laughing at ourselves. We sneaked out during the seminar to get us a breather and headed off to the obstacle course area. And because we we're not the climbing-up-or-down-rope chicks type we thought we were, it took us about 3 minutes before we were able to set our foot on the ground again. For 3 minutes, all we did was laugh while the 12-meter rope keeps twirling us around like crazy 3-year-olds. Very embarrassing really, but fun! They also have this pavillion which would be lovely for debuts and weddings and other small gatherings. Rooms are cozy. Cable reception is fine but they could perhaps upgrade their television monitors for better viewing. Large parking space. We did not experience any traffic after entering SLEX from Manila. Same thing when we left the hotel. Overall, the experience and accommodation is great. Given the chance again, I'll be taking my family there to share the experience.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Miles M,

Sounds like you had a great time! Thank you for staying with us and for the entertaining review!

Looking forward to your return with your family in tow.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Me and my partner just spent a week at Hotel Kimberly and can honestly say our stay seriously exceeded our expectations. The rooms were well-maintained and clean, the food in Café@K was amazing, the breakfast buffet of which was particularly enjoyable. The hotel is located in beautiful countryside surroundings and the perfect location for a quiet getaway. For other British/English-speaking guests, the staff all speak fluent English and were very helpful in making our stay as comfortable as possible. Would definitely recommend to friends considering a trip to Tagaytay.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

This hotel was just referred to me by my brother in law and we were very happy!

- hotel room was spacious, we got the Premiere room with 2 queen size beds and it still had space for my boys to run around
- bathroom was okay, it's just that the towels are obviously old already (grey color instead of white)
- breakfast buffet had a lot of choices!
- big field where my boys flew their kites!!
- staff were all friendly and courteous
- game room had enough activities
- overall clean and tidy hotel

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Meg R,

Happy to know that you are happy with your stay at Hotek Kimberly! Please thank your brother in law for the referral and I hope you could refer us too...it truly is the best form of compliment!

Sorry about the towels. They are being replaced as I write and I guarantee you won't get disappointed upon your return.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

The hotel is not along the ridge, so be preparednot to have a view. I think most people in Tagaytay has this as a primary consideration, so I'm just laying it out there first to set expectations. You'll find it by going through the main road, watch out for the Petron & the fork in the road, go through the road on your right. Make another right at Crisanto Ave, and its 5mins from there.

It has 4 floors and 50 rooms, it's clean and had some really nice details to it -- the white "trees" in the pool area makes it more picturesque at night, the wide field and playground provides something more physical to do while you're there (nice to keep kids occupied too), 2 small pools (but it's so cold!), the mini-zoo with sheep, geese, black native pigs, rabbits & turkeys, and the good choices in indoor & outdoor furniture. There are several venues for events like an outdoor covered pavillion and function rooms inside the main building. The cafe is rather sad though, my Dad said it's too big and dark, its not that inviting to stat in and eat there. It hosts the buffet breakfast though, and choices, although not extraordinary, is adequate enough to fill you up for half a day's activities.

Because of its distance from the Ridge, it is really more about having an easy chill day and a comfortable night's rest in peace & quiet in Tagaytay.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 23 January 2014

We stayed in this hotel last year to celebrate my son's 2nd birthday. We actually booked via Agoda.com, we corresponded with them a few time before finally booking and they were very accommodating during the process.

Here's what I like about the hotel:

1) The staff - They are polite and they smile right away when you see them and they are helpful. We arrived around 1:30 PM and they allowed us to check in early. Our room had 2 twin beds and we had to request for it to be joined - there was a little waiting time but that was acceptable because they had a lot of guests during that time because of a concurring convention.

2) Wide open spaces - I cannot rave enough about how spacious their parking, playground and garden areas are. We gave our son a new bike as a gift and he had more than plenty of space to bike around

3) The small animal and herb farm - Tucked in corner of the property are their animal and herb farm, it was an added treat for my son who don't often see turkeys, lambs, ducks and rabbits live and up close although with the herb garden nearby we have an idea why they have animals on the property.

4) Their buffet breakfast - They have a wide selection of food and fruits and we were very stuffed! Actually one of our considerations in booking a hotel is their food reviews. Even if a hotel says they offer buffet but if the reviews on their food is blah we don't book. Hotel Kimberly however met our expectations.

5) Clean room and comfortable beds

6) View - Alright, they may not have the view of Taal but the view of their spacious lawn and the modish houses of the adjacent subdivision is a fresh break for us who's used to seeing concrete buildings and billboards.

7) Kid Friendly - The hotel has a spacious play ground, a play room (kid's club), a kiddie pool and a small animal farm.

Here's what I don't like:

1) No street lights along the road leading to the hotel so it was very, VERY dark at night.

2) Lack of directional signs going to the hotel.

3) The location is a bit remote, the nearest restaurant is a good 10-15 minutes drive away... although if you really like privacy this may not a problem.

Overall I would say our stay was great, I wished we stayed longer and I would recommend this hotel to friends who have kids.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
KimberlyGM, General Manager at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear GeeLim,

Thank you for your objective and wonderful review of your stay at Hotel Kimberly Tagaytay. I'm glad you chose us and that you liked our pretty much everything: room, breakfast, staff, farm. We have done a lot of work to ensure our hotel is popular for families and groups so thank you for your 'kid-friendly' compliment! Our only trade off for the above is the location. We are 3km or a 10 minute drive from the ridge but I would like to suggest the spaciousness, ample parking as well as serenity factor more than makes up for it! I sincerely hope to see you return and the staff look forward to being of service to you again.

With warm regards,

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Tried to stay at this hotel through a recommendation from a friend. It is not in the usual Aguinaldo hiway strip of Tagaytay, but the place was awesome. The staffs were courteous and very friendly. We got a free upgrade to a suite because the hotel was fully booked.

On the first day, our expectations were exceeded by the housekeeping staff. We told them we brought a foldable bed and asked for a bed cover. She did not just bring a bed cover, she also brought a comforter, some pillows, and blankets. Nice!

The hotel is good for the kids and elderly as they have a farm in the hotel property. They raise pigs, chickens, turkey, sheep, and rabbits where you can even pet and feed them. They also have lettuce and arugula farms where you can buy fresh produce at a cheaper price. If you look at the hotel from the outside, it might look small, but surrounding it is like a walking park. A good place to inhale fresh, cool air. The place also provides kids' playground and obstacle course. It also has a swimming pool. There are ample parking spaces as well.

As for inside the hotel, they have a small gym, and a gaming room where you can play fuseball, table tennis, etc. For some alone time, you can also borrow some dvds and watch it in your room, for free.

Although they don't have a spa, they have on-call masseusse who are very very good. They are well-trained since they got rid of my aching back due to the long drive.

Our stay came with free breakfast buffet and it has the typical line up of toasts/breads, cereal, egg station, and Filipino breakfast menu. What I like about this hotel is that they change menu everyday so you won't get bored eating the same thing over and over again.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay here and would definitely come back if have the chance, will also recommend this to visiting families and friends.

Room Tip: Get rooms facing the playground for a cooler feel and a nicer view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank cookingmasterboy

Dear cookingmasterboy,

Thank you for your detailed review and I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Kimberly Tagaytay. You have certainly made full use of the various facilities of the hotel and I'm glad all met or exceeded yoru expectations. I'll pass your compliments to our housekeeping staff (they are always happy to get special mention). Please thank the person who recommended our hotel to you. Personal recommendations are the highest form of compliment and I thank you for doing the same. We look forward to seeing you back in the hotel again in the future.

With warm regards,