“great tagaytay stay”
Review of Hotel Kimberly

Hotel Kimberly
Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Tagaytay
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My family of 8 stayed in this hotel for 3-days, 2-nights and had a great time!

While the hotel is situated "off the beaten path" , a little difficult to find and without a ridge view, it more than makes up for these by excellent service, a great breakfast buffet , clean pool and a farm that is enjoyable for all ages.

Because I make reservations from overseas, I really appreciate the ease of on-line reservations, the clear and informative website and the prompt and professional replies to my e-mails.

Will definitely stay again and already planning on gifting family with a saty at this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank otrmd
KimberlyGM, General Manager at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear otrmd,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am so glad to hear of your great experience not only with the hotel stay but also reservations and research! I look forward to having you and your gift recipients stay with us again in the future!

Natalie Ng

PS. My apologies about the lack of directional signs to our property. The city of Tagaytay prohibits signages along their main roads and we have been trying to find a solution around this since we started. Any suggestions would be welcome!

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We had a good time staying in this hotel for overnight in Tagaytay. The rooms are clean and spacious while the hallway is quiet at night---sleepy breezy! We also love their 2 pools:) budget wise it is worth it & it is situated near the noisy roadside of tagaytay! Highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank EMERALD914

Dear EMERALD914,

Thank you for your recommendation. It is indeed the highest form of compliment when our guests recommend us to others. I trust you enjoyed your visit to the Philippines and hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I have been here twice already and did not at all regret choosing this hotel over others! I got coupons from deal grocer for both times and both stays were great. Service is great, facilities are superb, food is yummy as well! Hoping to come back, maybe for two nights next time. http://www.touringkitty.com/2014/05/30/touringkitty-travels-hotel-kimberly-tagaytay/

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
KimberlyGM, General Manager at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Hi Touringkitty!

Appreciate the great review of your stay at Hotel Kimberly. I recommend following us on Facebook (Hotel Kimberly Tagaytay) to get the latest in activities, events and promotions.

I hope you will return soon. The staff and I are certainly looking forward to that next chapter of your blog :)

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Our stay in Hotel Kimberly was a memorable one...Perfect for those who wants to unwind and recharge.The location of the Hotel is perfect...quite and peaceful.The pool is warm/cool and clean.The food was perfect to my taste.Breakfast,Lunch and dinner was superb.Thanks to Chef Eman Mosende for the perfect / delicious menu. Overall it was an enjoyable stay at Hotel Kimberly....

Room Tip: South side or pool side are perfect.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yenmor415

Dear Yenmor415,

Thank you for leaving a review of your stay with us. Glad you enjoyed the stay and Chef Emman's offerings!

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I was one of the participant in our recently concluded Capability Enhancement Training held in this hotel. I particularly doesn't had any expectations for i was told that this time our annual training will be in an inexpensive but nice hotel. But it was a surprise really when we arrived, for me it was a better hotel compare to those i stayed so far in Tagaytay. I find it really good from the room to other amenities. Though, i find the food very ordinary but i enjoyed the buffet breakfast the next day. Definitely, I will recommend this place to my family and i am sure they will surely enjoy. My nieces and nephews already looks forward to have a dip on the pool and roam the farm beside the hotel.

Room Tip: the room assigned to us was triple share in the 4th flr. 407, everything was fine. very ideal for yo...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
KimberlyGM, General Manager at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear oyette2013,

Thank you for the wonderful review and for recommending us...that is the best compliment of all. It is always nice to hear that we've exceeded guest expectations because then we know you've enjoyed your stay. We certainly hope to see you return with your friends and family in the future.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We chose to stay in Hotel Kimberly in Tagaytay last May 9-10 due to good reviews.

Based on our stay, here are some of the great things I can share:
1. The location was good since it is away from the main roads but is not hard to find. It's also a quick drive to Robinsons and Sky Ranch.
2. The pool area was clean. Although it was open, we enjoyed swimming with my kid since it was cloudy when we went there.Staff also provided swimming stuff for the kids (kick boards, floaters, etc)
3. A lot of activities to keep you busy, aside from swimming, they have the playground, obstacle course, mini farm, game room (billiards, air hockey, fooseball, table tennis)
4. The rooms were clean and the beds were big and comfortable.
5. Wifi access is ok and complimentary.
6. Only 4 floors so you can take the stairs for exercise.
7. Staff were very friendly and accommodating.

Here are some of the areas for improvement:
1. Buffet breakfast - not so exciting. The area we sat had a lot of flies (near lobby).
2. Room we stayed had a broken bidet (although it was immediately replaced).
3. Fitness area only had treadmills and stationery bikes. I thought it had equipment for weight training.

Overall, it was an enjoyable stay at Hotel Kimberly !!!

3  Thank Daniel M

Dear Daniel M,

Thank you for leaving a review of your stay with us. I'm glad you liked the hotel and enjoyed your stay with your family. Hotel Kimberly is a good venue for family activities and relaxation and it sounds like you've done exactly this!
I've taken note of your comments where we can improve...we are working very hard on finding a permanent solution with the flies. They've been particularly active this warm summer season everywhere and is challenging to handle. Rest assured, we still maintain frequent regular pest control treatments.

We hope to have you return on a regular basis and look forward to being of service to you once more.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Our first choice of lodging for several years now each time we're in Tagaytay is Discovery Country Suites. However now that we have a baby/toddler, we wanted to try another place which suits kids better, and came across Hotel Kimberly here in TripAdvisor.

Booking was easy - all we did was call and got ourselves a room.

We booked extra bed for our yaya for 1k, which also comes with free breakfast (buffet). Worth the price I say.

What I liked:
- Clean basic room, very spacious bathroom (with bath tub even!)
- Extra bed we have requested was already set-up when we arrived. Very efficient!
- Small ref actually has a freezer compartment that works! Very useful since we have brought ice packs to keep baby food chilled while on the road.
- They have a good selection of DVDs which you can borrow from Front Desk, and just need to leave an ID
- Breakfast buffet is good, mostly Filipino food, there's egg station too. Pancakes were on the dry side though.
- Place is definitely good for families. I enjoyed introducing my little one to rabbits, sheep, pig, and poultry (chicken, turkey) available in their petting farm. The caretaker (forgot to ask his name) was very accommodating and helpful - he keeps handing us food to feed the animals.
- They have an outdoor activity area for playing obstacle course.
- My little one enjoyed playing on the huge kiddie play area outside.
- Big parking space, not crowded.
- Staff were very courteous and helpful.
- Spacious and nicely-decorated lobby

There are 2 pools (1 adult, 1 kiddie) but both were kind of crowded when we were there. They're not heated pools , but since baby wanted to swim we decided to just let her stay in the bath tub of our hotel room. Plumbing needs to be checked as halfway through draining the tub, the water leaked and bathroom floor got slightly flooded.

We can't figure out how to use the safety vault - or maybe it has already run out of batteries.

SUGGESTIONS:
- Maybe HK can look into upgrading their TVs to flat-screen type to free up more space in the room
- Adding floating shelves near the sink will be helpful. There's hardly any space to put own toiletries/paraphernalia on.
- Not sure if they have a game room but might be a good addition to their amenities.
- They have a huge unused lot right beside the petting farm. Perhaps they can use the area for bonfire/ bbq nights (with smores and beer!) in the colder months of the year. Not sure if bonfires are allowed in Tagaytay though. Or build a mini garden maze/labyrinth for the kids to enjoy.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would definitely book again next time. Will be happy to recommend to friends and family.

Room Tip: The prices of the different rooms increment by 1k only, so if you have extra cash to spare then why...
2  Thank vanilla-ivory
KimberlyGM, General Manager at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Dear vanilla-ivory,

Thank you for the detailed review of your Hotel Kimberly stay. I always appreciate feedback such as yours as it helps us to continuously improve. And I definitely appreciate recommendations by our guests to their friends and families! A big thank you for that!

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed the room, pools, playgrounds and farm. I will also make sure to pass on your compliments to Gerald (the animal caretaker) as well as the rest of the staff. Since your visit, an owl, several ducklings, 2 piglets and a lamb have been born and added to our growing animal collection. Something you and your little one can look forward to!

We do have a games room with foosball, pingpong, and billiards that is popular with kids and adult alike. Perhaps on your next visit you can check this out. I am also checking on our pancakes and agree this should be and WILL be improved.

We look forward to having you and your family return again.