“luxe on the outside, inferior inside / felt deceived”
Review of T House Tagaytay

T House Tagaytay
Ranked #9 of 103 Tagaytay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 July 2010

the upsides: the angus beef tapa breakfast was good. the evening tea and cookies were a pleasant surprise before we tucked in for the night.

the real deal: we wanted to try a new hotel in tagaytay/cavite area, having stayed at sonya's b&b several times and nurture spa once (both of which we love!), and also at hotel dominique, which is surprisingly a great bargain. we tried discovery suites but the place was fully booked, so we opted to try another so-called boutique hotel.

the T house has a nice exterior. the modern architecture, esp. the all-glass kitchen walls looked refreshing. we stayed at earth 3, which seemed alright at first glance. the longer we stayed in the room we more we realized unsavory things about it. the walls and floors were poorly finished. if the architect or designer attempted to pass off the poor quality of construction as modern shabby look (like a modern take on sonya's), it failed miserably.

worst of all the bathroom fixtures were terrible. the no-name toilet bowl would not flush properly most of the time. the bathroom at first looked nicely done but for the space available they should've built an en suite bath instead, with a separate shower area. the room had no proper windows, since they opened out directly facing other units, so we kept them closed. there was no view whatsoever. the adjoining walls were so thin and not sound-proofed, we actually heard the neighboring unit's tv and toilet bowl flushing - i don't know whether to be annoyed or envious as a result.

there was a spa but we opted to take massages in the room. one expects a spa or spa service to have various types of massages. in T house, the massage is only either a 60-minute or 90-minute massage. there was no special aromatherapy or anything like that. it was an okay, no-frills massage, nothing special. the massage was nothing compared to nurture spa's massage services

the meals were alright but too expensive for the quality, at over 400 PHP. we had lunch at verbena in discovery suites on saturday and it was exquisite! it was well worth the sum we paid. we didn't feel cheated. can't say the same about T house...

because we were having such a great time in tagaytay before our stay in T house we decided to just let things slide while we there and concentrate on the good stuff. at least the staff at the T house were generally courteous and friendly. overall we paid nearly 8K for a night, which is almost about the same cost as a night in nurture spa, but with the excellent facilities, massage treatments (2 treatments for each person in the 8K package) and much better overall experience in nurture spa. i wouldn't return to T house.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank barbiQ1973

Reviewed 7 May 2010

I came to know of this place on my frequent trips to Tagaytay last year. My first stay at the T House happened in the very stormy months of September last year. Though I was not able to enjoy much the facilities it has to offer because of the rains and opted to spend most of the time inside the room, I was able to find accomodating, kind and wonderful people in this place.

Because it stuck in my mind how wonderful the people at the T House were, I decided to spend some ME Time here this year during my birthday.

I found the place welcoming me at a time when I needed to be comforted, treated well and most of all given special attention.

The spa and the massage services were also a key to my decision in choosing my ME Time place since who would not want a good massage after going through a lot of stress and troubled times.:) And it exceeded my expectations, because I really had a relaxing one and my feet were really given the pampering they needed during my foot spa and pedi session.:)

Each breakfast I had at the place too did not make me feel so lonely though I was all alone because the very kind staff put a nice set up in front of my room so I can dine al fresco each morning.:)

My nights were very quiet too which I totally needed during my stay so I was able to enjoy the chilly nights in Tagaytay.

With all these being said, I will definitely love to go back really soon and be sootheg again.:)

A complete view on how I spent those days at the T House can be found on my blog which I choose to share: http://beccabooby.blogspot.com/2010/03/chronicles-of-my-me-time.html

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank MsSuplada
Reviewed 17 January 2010

It's a good thing I was with two very good girlfriends when we stayed at the T House for one night. The company, laughter and time together more than made up for a lot of things that were lacking in the T House.

The room- We stayed at Earth 3. Upon entering there was this sweet, cloying smell of their Glade plug-in. I immediately unplugged it. That was that. There was a Queen sized bed in the middle room and nothing else. OF course, there was airconditing but no mini bar. No working desk with chair. The bathroom was ok. Nice in fact but no separate shower stall. The water was merely a drizzle. Not strong enough for an honest to goodness shower. AND the hot water was non existent. Good thing the guard fixed it for us- more on that later.

The food- Breakfast took an hour to get to our table. By that time we were sooo hungry. Pancakes were not at all impressive. My friend had the French Toast and she wasn't that happy either. The hashbrown was good but I think it was bought frozen and then deep fried. How hard can that be, right?

Service- their guard was an all around person in the hotel- maintenance (fixed our hot water), housekeeping (tried to pad our extra bed to make it more bearable on my poor back). Apparently they don't have staff on duty 24-hours- this despite being a weekend. I was puzzled as to why the guard kept on showing up whenever we needed something. Apparently, that's part of his job description. Go figure!

As far as it being TRANQUIL- well, it wasn't. We could hear other guests thru the paper thin walls PLUS the church bells were pealing (which made the dogs on the property crazy) at around 6 am (?) the next day. Not such a good thing to be woken up by that after a night of drinking with friends.

The cool weather in Tagaytay more than made up for all of these disappointing things but it was still painful handing over a wad of cash after taking a shower in cold water and sleeping on a rock hard mattress.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank travellingmama1
Reviewed 1 January 2010

I am a traveler and visits new places every quarter. I was quite excited to try T-house before the year ends since Tagaytay is not that far from Manila. I am quite surprised that the room is so small compared to the photos in their website. I am really frustrated as I felt Im just only in my room at home. Their rate is not reasonable for the facilities they offer: room doesn't have bathrobe, cotton buds, and hair dryer, no enough tissue, pop-up (floor drain) of the bathtub is defective, even footsteps from outside can be heard inside the room (rooms are clustered and no privacy). I just wished that I stayed in a hotel in manila wherein you could have deluxe service, great food, privacy (since T-house does not have much facilities like pool and huge garden that you could hang around and you will really stay in your room or visit other places in tagyatay), incomplete toiletries. Though, you would say that ambiance in tagaytay is different mainly because of the cool temp. If you really wanted to have value for money and really want in tagaytay...Sonia's garden is much better.

On the otherhand, their food is tasty and their adobo lechon kawali is quite new to my tastebud and would recommend to the guests. I was also excited to have their breakfast but to my surprise, they offer very few food compared to sonia's garden.

Aesthetic of the structure is quite impressive, very modern. Good for photo ops...

I am a person who loves to give commendation and appreciation, however, I also shares an objective feedback not just for a heck of it but for them to shape up and improve their services. This is my first time to post a feedback because of my disapointment.

Every guest has its own definition of satisfaction, you may try this place to experience on the service/facilities they will offer.

-Certified Traveler-

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
3  Thank traveladdict57
Reviewed 12 May 2009

Contrary to other reviews, I found T- house to be a place of relaxation and peace. I went there with my bf last April. It's accessible. Right beside Ina ng laging Saklolo Church.The staff were amazing, they were so professional and courteous. The food was a real treat! Though it would be better if they had more food selections. But i personally loved their boneless bangus for breakfast!

Our room was just average. i was expecting an LCD screen TV but what the heck, I did not go there just to watch. It would have made our night even more romantic if they had more lights.

But all in all I love T house and will go back there...can't wait to see their new outside spa!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank explore_galore
Reviewed 12 May 2009

well it has been over a year since i was there but i found the experience quite good. My friends and i went to tagaytay on a whim and decided to try T house for a relaxing weekend. the place looked great and was exactly what we needed to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city. We stayed in one of the "Earth" themed rooms and basically just vegged out for 2 days. definitely recommend it for relaxation and private getaways.

the food was good, although one of my companions was a chef so she had some comments :)

the rates are a bit pricey though and i wish there was more to the place to merit the premium but still good overall. If they could install a pool or jacuzzi, my rating would definitely be going up.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank stitch81
Reviewed 15 February 2009

We are from Manila, and since we will be attending a wedding, we decided to spend a night in Tagaytay. We chose T House because we want to try something new. I have reserved a room months in advance by depositing to their account. Our communication was phone calls by cellphone or text. I really had a hard time booking with them since all receptionist are holding the same cellphone number, and their responses were really slow!!! Very unprofessional. I was really turned off but since I already deposited, I can't book to another hotel anymore.

The exterior of T House was nice. Lots of greenery...zen style... When we finally arrived to our room, at first glance, it was okay, but when you really look at the room, it looked unfinished. Carpentry and painting was poorly done. They couldn't even provide a closet. They only provided a round bar and hangers underneath a shelf. There was also a lot of ants. The evening tea was nice. Love the mint flavor. The breakfast was okay, but found an insect on my dish. I didn't say or complain anymore since they have ruined my vacation enough.

Overall, this is one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in my whole life, and I definitely won't go back anymore.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple