“Good location, poor service”
Review of Tagaytay Econo Inn

Tagaytay Econo Inn
Ranked #19 of 26 Hotels in Tagaytay
“Good location, poor service”
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for new year's eve with my family (5 members) at family room with loft (Room O) the room is good for 4 persons for Php 4,400 so we added Php300 for the extra head. We chose this place because it is near Sta. Rosa-Tagaytay road and they offer fireworks display by 12am!

The location is nice, roof deck with view of taal. It's not the typical hotel in your mind (like those in manila) This is like a big house with plenty of rooms.

Rooms: our room was ok.
4 single beds: 1 at the loft, 2 with frame and the other one sa lapag. Old television. Hot and cold shower and toiletries were also provided.
Everything was fine, until we dumped ourselves on bed...Amoy alikabok. Sheets were not changed. Towels are wrecked (as in parang basahan) I can say that cleanliness was not their priority or maybe its the hotel crew's mistake

Dont be fooled by rooms with garden view daw. You can save your money by paying for the standard room, and still get the "garden view" they offer. Labas ka lang sa lobby. wifi can also be access in the lobby lng, mahina na signal pagdating mo ng room.

Food: this hotel offered us media noche buffet for 550/head. We didnt availed because we're not that "heavy eaters" lol. Instead, we chose to eat at the nearby resto which is owned by Econo Inn. They say they're open until 10, so we decided to stroll around the city (skyranch) and just enjoy the cold weather. We returned at the hotel at 8, prep ourselves, and by past 9 we were just told theyre not accepting orders beyond 9pm. Crap! So hanap pa kmi ng ibang kainan.

The complimentary breakfast was so-so. They served it late and kulang kulang. They dont have seperate or other menu at the hotel. You have to order pa at the nearby resto.

Hotel crews are nice but not well-trained.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
15 Thank Jam I

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Las Pinas, Philippines
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This is our pitstop when in tagaytay. Have stayed here 3 times already.
I like balcony so much that I spend all my time staring at the view .
Rooms are clean and Internet connection is fast
Breakfast is served on resto beside it .

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank HiveManilaGuesthouse
Reviewed 8 August 2013

The hotel is located in exelent point of view and is close to most important places in tagaytay.
In addition, there are an amazing staff that made us feel like we are home and very wellcomed.
Clean and nice place..!!

• Stayed August 2013
6 Thank batel_l
Cainta, Philippines
Reviewed 3 April 2013

My husband and I went to Tagaytay for lunch, but we ended up staying longer. So instead of driving back home (we're from Cainta Rizal), we decided to stay at Tagaytay Econo Inn. We got the budget room for Php 1,500 (USD 36-$40). The room was small, but it was clean and smelled good too!

The bathroom has a hot and cold shower. however, there's no bidet or dipper.

They also have WiFi but the connection was wonky during our stay.

What I love about this hotel/room is the cozy wonderful bed with cotton sheets and a cotton duvet. My husband agrees with me on this, it was the most comfortable bed we have ever slept on. We will definitely come back soon.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank pinayads
San Pablo, Laguna, Philippines
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Not too much about the hotel except that you get a good sleep and a nice cozy place. The attractions are all nearby and the accessibility is great. Just cross the street to get to good food, and a hop away to see the beautiful sights of Tagaytay. Perfect jumpoff point if you want to go boatride since the proximity is closer to the lake area itself.

Room Tip: Ask for room far away from the road.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank Rayme_525
Muntinlupa, Philippines
Reviewed 21 January 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a night. The CR was clean. But the staff service is unsatisfactory. When I asked for the hotel room slippers, they even DARED to give me used and dirty room slippers full of black spots. I called their frontdesk and complained about it, and I asked them to replace it with a new clean one. They just said that they ran out of new slippers, and said that they will TRY to replace it. I waited for a long time, I was infuriated because they did not come, and so I personally went to their frontdesk carrying the dirty slippers that they gave me, and told them is this the kind of service that I've paid for a high price. You even dared to give me a used and dirty slippers. The other guests were shock because they saw how dirty their service was. I will never return to this Tagaytay Econo Inn again.

Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Fabyan17

Travellers are raving about these Tagaytay hotels

Chengdu, China
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,268 helpful votes
Reviewed 6 July 2012

Nearby Tagaytay has to be one of the grottiest towns around passing itself off as a tourist resort. If you have to see Taal Volcano, which we do not recomend, you should at least stay outside town. Here there are less touts and you actually get to see greenery rather than concrete and grime.

This hotel has good views, is clean, is close to a few convenience stores and has a reasonable restaurant next door. The staff are friendly and the decor is quite nice. They should do something about the mosquito problem, however, as we were slapping away at the bloodsuckers for most of our stay.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple