“Ambience anyone?”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: View
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 15 April 2013

We were surprised with this resto because the one next door was full. This seemed to be fancy and expensive, atmosphere is very intimidating. So this was a second choice for us. Surpridongly, prices were reasonable and the food superb especially the cilantro-cardamom marinated angus beef kebab . We even came back for dinner. Bon apetit!

2  Thank Jorja M

Reviewed 18 March 2013

My friends and I tried out this restaurant since the opposite restaurant is jam packed. I read the reviews from food bloggers and the food they offer is kinda interesting however it is pricey. We tried the US Angus Ribeye pepper rub, it was heavenly. It literally melts in your mouth. I like my steak to be medium well and they did it well because unlike other restos, this one is juicy, soft and succulent. We also tried the Penne pasta baked with brocolli, cream cheese sauce topped with cheddar and parmesan cheese and slices of US Angus, it was also yummy.

Since we were just staying in Tagaytay for a night, we decided to go back the next day, unfortunately, it's closed, maybe because it's a weekday? :( But hey, we will definitely go back here for their steak.

2  Thank time_traveller123_11
Reviewed 12 February 2013

Chef Paul has created an excellent menu specialising in steak. However, his salads, deserts & wine list are also very good. The view over Taal Volcano is spectacular. Ideal for lunch or dinner.
Google Map App (for iPhone) - don't rely on directions from this app, especially if travelling from Manila. The Cliffhouse "plaza" is located on Tagaytay-Nasagbu Highway. As you drive up the hill, on left hand side you see many hotels & restaurants. It's past the Starbucks but next to Yellow Cab Pizza. Car park is at front of plaza.

2  Thank ExpatAussie3
Reviewed 4 January 2013

If we want to have a relaxing meal, my hubby and I don't eat in crowded restaurants. This is one thing i liked about Fire Lake Grill. Maybe it's because it's a bit pricey, and ambience is quite formal compared to its next door neighbor, Buon Giorno.

I like their Blackened Beef Salad with Thai chili dressing and crumbs of blue cheese. Good appetizer. I like their grilled prawns, of course. Their pumpkin soup is good but i find it too rich and creamy.

Food good. Service good. Location perfect.

2  Thank ReluctantDrifter
Reviewed 31 December 2012

Food was great, atmosphere was excellent, but the service sucks. The waiter who attended to us was always in a hurry and clumsy. I don't know why he's in a rush but there's no reason to be since there were only few customers that time.