“Good Service”

Ranked #18 of 26 Hotels in Tagaytay
Barcelona, Spain
“Good Service”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The Staff was good and very Accommodating feel like VIP . And if you are looking for a good service and value for money Tagaytay Country Hotel is best hotel in Tagaytay They offer city tour, Taal Trekking Package If you want a room with small kitchen take the STUDIO DELUXE ROOM as for the EPC Membership they have a lots of perks and privilege with free room accommodation good for 4 PAX and we received 2 GC of La Costa Spa whole Body Massage 2 GC of foot spa. plus 5 voucher of 50% discount on Studio Deluxe Room, 5 voucher of 40% discount in Deluxe Room, and this is the good news you enjoy the unlimited 20% discount valid for one year 10 % discount with La Costa Spa 10% discount to Sport Facilities. Unlimited used of wifi in lobby area. Happy stay at Tagaytay Country Hotel

Room Tip: ask for the EPC Membership for more discount
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Reymond A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Gladstone, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed there for 2 nights in April with my fiance. Definitely overpriced and not worth more than 2 stars. Firstly the room, although large enough was rather dilapidated. The bathroom window would not close as it had fallen off the frame permanently. The mattress was incredibly bad and worn out and pyramid shaped so one would have to sleep dead in the middle or risk rolling off either side during the night. When shown to the room we we told there was a mini bar, upon inspection of the mini bar we found it to be empty. Concierge claimed they keep their mini bars empty..... ???. Then we thought to try their restaurant for lunch, first table was riddled with ants and so was the second table. Lucky third table, our meal which was meant to be pork was all fat with one single piece of meat. The bread was stale and had to send it back, they claimed they didn't have any fresh bread. By the time we had finished the meal there were ants all over the butter and jam tray. I have stayed at other hotels in Philippines and although the standards are not very high, this was by far the worst I have stayed at.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Will R

Travellers are raving about these Tagaytay hotels

Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We had a reservation for 3D2N at this hotel for 4 adults and 1 kid last Jan. 31 - Feb. 2, 2014 which we paid in advance to our travel agency with a hotel voucher which specified daily breakfast for 4 adults included. The first day breakfast was given without hassle but on the 2nd day we were given a breakfast stub good for 2 adults only. I asked for the stub for the other 2 adults but was told by the lady front desk staff ( I forgot to get her name ) that the complimentary breakfast was good for the first day only. I complained (holding my temper) and told her politely that I paid for 4 adults but she insisted that it was good for 2 adults only. What I did was to go back to my room and get a copy of the Hotel voucher which clearly stated that daily breakfast included and I was about to call my travel agent to complain but the lady staff told me that its okay already after arguing with her for half an hour. Another thing is that my reservation was for a room with queen size bed and 2 single beds but was given only 2 folding beds. One more thing - the hotel should prioritize their guests for the parking slots but it so happened that they have a function on our 2nd night of stay and the parking slots were given to the guests of the function so what happened was we have to park our car on the street and have to wait for the function to finish and their visitors to leave before we could park our car properly inside the hotel premises.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
14 Thank Afong6591
Manila
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for a budget hotel, Tagaytay country hotel should be on your list. Clean and quiet rooms, friendly staff. The food is just ok based on the complimentary set breakfast, as we usually dine outside. The plus factor would be location. Located near the circle(rotonda), very near to the picnic grove, peoples park and food strips. The market is about 15 mins drive. Overall, not bad if you want a decent stay with the basic amenities.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MheloMD P
Taguig City, Philippines
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We checked in at Tagaytay Country Hotel last December 20, 2013. We were lucky to have been given the chance to avail the promo from Ensogo. The hotel was not fully booked even though it was already mid December knowing that a lot of families will come to Tagaytay for the Holiday vacation.

The welcome was warm, the receptionist allowed us to check-in our room even though we arrived at around 11AM, which is too early for a 2PM check in time. Maybe the receptionist understand that we came all the way from Taguig and we need a little rest for our afternoon leisure time. We enjoyed the pool, service was good, the attendants were so polite and accommodating. The hotel has free parking space for the customers, it is also near the spa, Puregold, McDonalds and other establishments that you can check out and roam around.

I only have two concerns though, one was the WIFI connection and the other one was the housekeeping. We were informed that there is wifi connection but the signal was so poor and WIFI was only available at the lobby. I also noticed that the beddings of the room were not that tidy, part of the sofa was worn out and some of the pillow case have little dark spots. Maybe the hotel need a little upgrade in maintenance.

So far, my family had a great time in Tagaytay Country Hotel, we would love to go back and spend our family vacation there when we come over to Tagaytay again.

1 Thank May G
Cebu City, Philippines
Reviewed 13 January 2014

My family decided to return to this hotel , having been so pleased with our experience in December 2012. For the Room-for-4 Deal this time, they added set dinner-for-4 on top of the set breakfast-for- 4, and free massage for a total of 4 instead of only 2 they offered last year. We were given an option to upgrade our set breakfast & dinner to buffet for an extra charge, but we opted for buffet dinner only to celebrate New Year's Eve in their newly constructed Pavilion.

My boys and I enjoyed our 45-minute massage about an hour before dinner was served. Buffet dinner ironically was limited, as to the number of courses served. If I'm not mistaken, there were only 5 or 6 main courses, the rest were green salad, desert and soup. For me, the best part of the dinner buffet was the soup, hot, thick, rich and very savory, perfect for the very cold Tagaytay winds.

The hotel did it better with their fireworks this year, with no window hit by a wayward firecracker just like last year.

The staff were the same friendly guys, attentive to every request we had during our 2d/1n stay.

My only concern? Just like last year, internet connection was slow and intermitent. They still have it limited within the hotel lobby area.

Room Tip: Reserve early. Give specific instructions like a choice between 2 twin beds or 1 Queen, while making...
1 Thank Nini T
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Most likely, if there are other hotels we can choose from in Tagaytay, we will not go back to his hotel again for the following reasons: 1) Small and wide open doors along the hallway - when you open your room door, people at the lobby and walking along the hallway will see your ENTIRE ROOM. No privacy at all! They didn't care to add a small division or door before the very door of the room. We fell unease and unsafe! 2) The massage schedule - I admit I came late, and asked for a resched on the next morning. The two massage therapists said i should be back the next morning and the only slot available for me is 11:15am. Though I let my fiance availed the massage to compensate the long and tiring drive all the way from Manila, it was fine with me to get the massage alone the next day. Together with my daughter, I repeated clearly that my slot would be 11:15am. And when I stepped in at 11:15am, the next therapist on duty said I AM LATE! Because their clock is 15MINS AHEAD, and that my slot was scheduled at 11:05am! I was exasperated and explained that the therapists assigned last night, clearly stated it was 11:15am and NOT 11:05am! My fiance also explained that his massage didn't last for 45mins, it was shortened to 30mins only and he was unsatisfied. I held my temper and simply availed the massage, and it was completely a waste of money and time! The massage therapist didn't have a pattern, she just massaged my legs (I specifically requested for a leg massage instead) and reminded me 10mins before my time was over, that I can choose to have a massage for my other parts of the body, but I insisted to focus on my legs. I was hesitant to give a tip, but I thought since it's new year, it will not cost me a fortune to give a tip anyway. My fiance reiterated that they have this strategy to shorten the massage time duration, and the way they do it is unsatisfactory as well. 3) Amenities in the room - though I specifically requested for a two single beds, they gave us instead a queen sized bed. I didn't manage to complain and request for a swap, since we're only staying for a night. There was no mirror nor hairdresser in the room neither a hair blower. Thanks for the personal ref so we chilled our bottled drinks which they didnt charge for a corkage. The dinner was in set, but its good for only two and it didnt taste great. 4) Complimentary breakfast - the fish was 1/4 serving, as well as the tapa. So we just decided to have a decent brunch outside, right after we left the hotel. I was asked to write a feedback form, and I wrote the same thing I wrote here. I boldly written, I will NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE. Not value for money!

3 Thank 44Satine77