“Good Hotel for the Price We Paid”
Review of View Park Hotel

View Park Hotel
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Tagaytay
Roxas City, Philippines
“Good Hotel for the Price We Paid”
Reviewed 8 January 2013

My wife and I were attending a 6pm wedding in Caleruega and I did not want to drive all the way back to Manila at night so we decided to book a hotel in Tagaytay for an overnight stay. Tagaytay View Park Hotel was the most reasonable hotel we found - for P2,000/night with complimentary breakfast for two. After all, we just needed a room to sleep in. We were not in Tagaytay for a holiday. So we were surprised with our stay there - clean room, with cable TV, free wifi. My only concern was the tight parking space ... maybe they can improve it. If ever We get invited to another wedding in Tagaytay, we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rickydmd888

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed 6 January 2013

My family enjoyed stay for 2 days, started on the 24th of December, buffet food for christmas eve was good, value that I payed including my kids, the staff are very friendly and accommodating, courteous, budget wise,,,well if your looking in a good place, nice ambiance look for big hotel,,, in my personal opinion regarding on hotel service it's a big check for me, location is easy to find the big factor is, only across picnic grove, accessible in a public transpo. if you don't have private car.,, For the suggestions are, improve the bath room, having wifi in all rooms, front area or hotel lobby will also improve, for the guest convenient stay while waiting to check in or to checkout

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Mallari
Taguig City, Philippines
Reviewed 28 December 2012

I booked a room in Agoda just minutes before we arrived at the hotel. When we got there, the first thing that I noticed is that the parking space is really small. It was also raining when we got there and it's a bit disappointing because no one bothered to give us umbrellas. The front desk and the waiting area is pretty small as well but it was ok though.

We got room 202 and we were surprised because there was already someone there. Apparently they were supposed to be in room 102 or 101. Question is, how did they open room 202? My bf had to ask the bell boy 2x if they were sure that the other visitor won't be able to open our room. I was also concerned because their things were still inside the room and they already brought our stuff inside. The other visitor was already becoming agitated which is understandable because their things were still inside. The issue was sorted in less than 5 minutes though but it was still pretty annoying.

The place is new but there were already small patches of molds on the ceiling. We got the premium package but it was disappointing because the room was pretty small. There was a tv, dvd player, an empty refrigerator, 2 complimentary bottled water and toiletries. There was no free coffee or tea. There was also no hair dryer and wifi access which is different from what was advertised. The bathroom is roomy but there was no shower curtain and bidet. My daughter was pretty pissed that there was no bidet! Anyway if you're not very particular with toilets then I'm sure you'll like the bathroom. I did not like it because the toilet was beside the sink and I like the lever type of flush as opposed to the inlet type. It's a bit difficult to flush especially since the toilet is below the sinks' tabletop.

The room doesn't have a lot of lights but it's ok because we're just sleeping there anyway. In the morning you just have to open the curtains of the balcony if you need more light.

There is no view. If you want to have a view of Taal Lake you're in the wrong hotel.

Breakfast serving is small and the taste is nothing spectacular.

When we we checked out my bf noticed that our car has a scratch at the back -- an inverted letter "D" so we knew this was intentional. We reported it to the front desk but they said they're not liable. I was pretty pissed but since it was already 11, we just checked out and left.

Overall, the place is ok but I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Mcocumen
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 10 December 2012

We had a pleasant overnight stay in this hotel. Picnic Grove is just across the road. The hotel is very near the town proper and restaurants. Rooms facilities are average but operational. There is no hot water in the bath sink. Minimal toiletries given. Hair dryer, kettle and fridge are not available in the room. WIFI is only available in the reception. For the price of overnight stay, it is not that bad.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank 2000downunder
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 11 November 2012

We were supposed to have our planning session in another place in Tagaytay but was turned off by the weird rates they gave. Luckily, someone recommended View Park Hotel and their function room was available.

The staff was very responsive to my inquiries (sometimes too responsive as my contact would keep on following up). Nevertheless, they were able to provide a function room and rooms to accommodate our group of 16 for an overnight stay for only 25,000.

The function room was pretty old, pretty dark and smelled weird. The AM/PM snack portions were pretty small and left some of our members still hungry but at the least the lunch buffet made up for it. Food taste was average. We went out to one of the restaurants that evening for dinner.

The rooms however were nicer than we expected - clean and well maintained - even the bathrooms.

I think we really got great value for our money. While I probably wouldn't recommend the function room we used since it was pretty old, I'd still recommend this hotel for the rooms and the great staff service.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank dallydd
Elizabeth, New Jersey
Reviewed 3 November 2012

I've been traveling the world for over a year and spent my first night here with a cousin. It was a pleasant experience. I decided to rebook a one night stay with my mother and other family members and the check-in process could drastically be improved.

We've been traveling for 12 hours and got to Tagaytay at 1:30pm and wanted to check-in and was informed check-in is only at 2pm and we had to wait or "enjoy" the restaurant. I was upset that 30 minutes made a big difference and there were no other people in the lobby area.

The staff is friendly and courteous but the practice is not desirable. There was an issue of requesting additional breakfasts and confusion about check-in. I was really tired and therefore annoyed at the whole transaction.

The hotel is located across a park with horses but few miles away from the city center or other attractions.

The price is reasonable however I noticed other hotels in the area with the same price is located in a more ideal place within the city center.

Plus wifi is only available in select rooms.

This place is ok for the money but I doubt I'd be staying an additional time and will just choose another hotel that is a bit more helpful to international travelers.

Room Tip: There is no wifi in the other guest rooms only in the main front area.