“Value for Money and Much More!”
Review of View Park Hotel

View Park Hotel
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Tagaytay
Bacolod, Philippines
“Value for Money and Much More!”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Just saw this listing on a booking site and decided on it since it was near (practically in front of) the Picnic Grove, where I'd never been. We were heading to Tagaytay for a little rest & recuperation after my hubby's elective cholecystectomy. I was met by the articulate and helpful Chad at the Front Desk and he explained stuff, as somebody came out bearing welcome drinks, not just for hubby and I, but also for my in-laws who just dropped us off. They also got our orders for the next-day's breakfast even before we were in our room too. Our room, just off the pergola and swimming pool was cozy and comfortable. It came with a little table where we had our breakfast when we were too lazy to get dressed for the restaurant outside. There was even an acoustic band at the resto the night that we were there, and even a raffle. {I don't think I won anything, lol! we didn't linger since the temps had dropped into the teens}

All of the staff were courteous and helpful, from the groundsman to the waiters and the reception guys and gals. I think it shows when management do a great job of training their staff to deliver the kind of service that is so refreshing and much appreciated.

I loved how they printed out a simple map with the city's restaurants/bars and sight-seeing spots marked out, plus the hotel's mobile number to call or text for directions, which we definitely made use of! Thanks for all the tips and instructions, exploring your city was less of hassle because of your help.

P.S. We didn't get to use the outdoor pool...brrr! Hubby remembers hearing some young people outside later in the evening, and 1 brave male jumps in with a splash, quickly followed by shocked gasps and yelping,lol! We would have tried it if it were nicely heated though, hint,hint. :-) Better yet, maybe a hot tub in the future maybe? ;-)
I would have wanted to tried the couples massage, but figured the hubby wouldn't appreciate aggravating the post-op tenderness, hehe.

Room Tip: Our room was a standard. ?CS2? was it? that was just to the left of the pergola, and it was easy to...
3 Thank ava0220

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We held our workshop in this hotel. Our needs were well taken cared of. Rm 2 was spacious enough for 3, everything was clean and orderly, hotel staff were polite and very approachable, food was good. The type of chair used in the conference/dining room was good but not comfortable and appropriate for an activity like this.The bathroom in Rm 2 needs to be checked, it has a foul smell, perhaps coming from the drain. The location is good but if you need to go to the city proper a tricycle ride costs P60.00. My thanks to everyone who did their best for a stay worth coming back..

Room Tip: The building where we stayed has no elevator, I find going up and down the 16(?) steps very risky. F...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Pasig City
Reviewed 27 February 2014

My fiance and I stayed here for the Valentine's Day weekend. The room we got was great. We got the Premier room. The room had a 32 inch lcd tv, with a DVD player, a mini bar, a bath tub, and some standard toiletries. Even though I was not able to avail of the romantic room arrangement, the hotel crew still added rose petals on the bed.

The hotel has a relaxing garden. Even though the hotel does not have a view of the Taal lake, the relaxing ambiance at their garden makes up for it. The hotel as a small pool although we did not use it as the weather was really cold that time. The hotel has ample parking space as well. We availed of the massage. Massage was great, we actually dozed off.

The hotel is situated in front of Picnic Grove, and away from the crowded city proper. We found this great as the place was relatively quiet.

Here are things we consider for improvement:
- the bed is somehow stiff for our preference
- the position of the air conditioner for the room we got is placed just adjacent to the bed; the tendency is for the cold air to hit your face while you sleep (this did not matter though as the weather was really cold that time that we just turned off the air conditioner)
- the rooms could use sound-proofing as we could hear guests at the hallway
- the food at their restaurant is good but could still be improved

Despite the things for improvement, the hotel's accommodating staff really made up for it. My fiance and I enjoyed our stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: As much as possible, avoid their standard rooms. I got a peek at their standard rooms. The rooms are...
Paranaque, Philippines
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for a night last saturday. And they did a very great job for making my boyfriends' birthday an epic one. I can see the efforts on what they did. I recommend this hotel to all of you. FRIENDLY STAFF and clean room :)

2 Thank Princess D
Quezon City, Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

I was lucky to get a room on the same day.
The hotel was fine, though the Lobby ceiling needs some renovation.

We arrived 10 mins before 2pm, our room was made available only by 2:25! The staff was too friendly, which I find annoying with the cafe staff keeps bugging me about my preference breakfast for the next day....I haven't even settled my things yet, and here they are asking me what I want for tomorrow's breakfast. They also collected full payment during check in, and when I asked if I can pay in card they said they do not have,
I was surprised when during dinner I asked if I can pay through credit card, I learned that they do have a terminal. We also requested for an extra bed which they charged us 800, I think this is quite expensive :(
The following morning when I checked out, i overheard, a guest who's checking in asked if they can pay through card, the staff said that their terminal has problem but I think they're just saying that to be able to collect payments in cash... I confronted the staff and told him if their terminal has a problem, they could at least try to process the transaction before telling the guest outright that can't process... This is such a turn off, no matter how friendly the staffs are, I felt deceived. Would really appreciate genuine service from the staff.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Lovely N
Manila
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We wanted to enjoy Tagaytay's cool weather and found an available room at this hotel, thank God. The other hotels we went to were fully booked. We stayed in the Premier Room. It was small, but it was enough for me, my husband and child. The design is simple and nice. The bathroom is spacious and clean. The hot water supply is good. There is a balcony overlooking the garden and pools. What I don't like is the smell of the room. It smelled like the room did not get any fresh air. There were some dirty smudges on some corners of the walls (I'm a little picky), but otherwise, the room is clean.

The staff is friendly. They served cool drinks during check in. The manager went over to have a little chat with us. The place appears to be well kept. Their set breakfast is OK, and arrived on time. Another plus is it's just across Picnic Grove. I can say that the hotel is one of those nice, simple places you can stay in Tagaytay that doesn't cost too much compared to the pricier hotels.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank iheartsunnyskies
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Me and my girlfriend stayed here for a night 2 days ago. Everything was nice and perfect, from the place itself down to its staff. I still remember Anj (frontdesk officer) who welcomed us with a smile and the guy who assisted us to our room was nice as well and very friendly. The whole place was very nice, clean and quiet. We just stayed there for 2D/1N but everything went well and it is beyond what I expected, I will surely recommend this place to all everyone that is planning to visit Tagaytay City and looking for a place to stay in. They do have restaurants, bar and cafe where you can unwine or have a great night with some cocktails. They do have a lot of stuff to offer to everyone. Kudos! ^_^

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple