“Bit miffed”

One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites
Ranked #17 of 26 Hotels in Tagaytay
“Bit miffed”
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

I booked online to get an early check in, it was granted though but it take me to get mad before they act promptly
Set meals are under expected 5 out of 10, I like the room service when their is no available seats in Azalea.
Bath robes are bit not in good condition
They gave us connecting room, and said to call us 2-3pm to change room, but no call received at all. It was bit noisy, hearing the bang of the other room's door.
Welcome drinks, given.
Towels I think is a bit old.
Room's view from 6th flr, GREAT.

Overall stay was 6 out of 10

Can be recommended for family but not for a couple.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cath N
rsalol, General Manager at One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Guest Cath N,

Greetings from One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites!

Thank you so much for staying with us and for using our facilities and services.

I would like to ask my sincere apology for the inconvenience you had experienced during your last stay, regarding the quality of our linen and the set meals .

Please allow me to recall that in your reservations with Direct with Hotels,it was stated in the reservation slip that in the special request line,the request was a microwave oven and a hair dryer. It was not listed the request for early check in but despite of that,the General Manager facilitated the early check in and as soon as the first vacant clean room was announced by Housekeeping,it was given to you and around 12:40pm, you were assigned at room 604,one of the best view of the Lake on top floor, a connecting room to 605 which was out of order that day. Our records showed that between 2-4 pm the FO staff was calling your room but the response was negative.

Again, please accept my apology for the negative experience we have caused you and hoping you will consider us the next time you visit Tagaytay. We will make sure to make up for our shortcomings.

Yours Sincerely,
Ruben Alcoriza

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My family has been a regular OTP customer. There was even 2 instances when we stayed in the penthouse suites Aura and Adore. Anyway our recent trip which was May 3-4 of 2014 was to celebrate my brothers burthday. I booked a deluxe room in advance and sent an email to the reservations team and manila sales team to give them a heads up about this trip.

I was honestly expecting something, a cake perhaps. But it seems no one was aware of what I requested. No one even greeted my brother upon checking in.

I thought maybe an evening massage in O Spa might make a difference. In the end, we were treated like regular customers, had to pay for everything (which was understandable, don't get me wrong). It was just I was expecting something.

The room was cramped, it was on the 2nd floor. There was no decent view since all we see was the roof of what looks like the Spa on the 1st floor. The thing that keeps the toilet paper in the wash room was broken.

Room Tip: call the manila sales office for possible discounts. they also have special promos for penthouse sui...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Mark M
rsalol, General Manager at One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Guest MackyroniMD,

Greetings from OneTagaytay Place Hotel Suites!

First of all, I would like to ask my sincere apology for the inconvenience you have experienced with us in your last visit during the surprise birthday of your brother. I understand how you feel about the situation.

We would like to thank you for bringing the matter to us.This will be used to assess ourselves regarding the way we do business. Rest assured that this will be brought to the management team for proper action and corrective measures will be implemented.

Once again please accept my apology and I am looking forward that this incident will not deter you to visit us again. If you plan to come back, please let me know so I can attend personally to your needs. I can be reached through my email-alcorizaruben@gmail.com or my cell no. 09162212215.

Thank you for staying with us and I'm looking forward in your next stay.

General Manager.
Taytay, Philippines
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Here's what we like:
1. As soon as we entered the hotel, the staff helped us with our bags and greeted us politely and cheerfully,
2. We were offered welcome drinks which tastes good, My kids loved it,
3. Has a convenient store and pasalubong store that is just a walk away.
4. We stayed at the 6th floor and had a nice view. (although the rooms were smaller than what we expected).
5. The beds were comfortable and clean.
6. My hubby loved what he ordered in Azalea Restaurant "Norweigan Salmon Steak" and our complimentary dessert Mango Sago were good. (too bad, other than that, the rest that we had was not good. considering this is a hotel).

Here's what i don't like:
1. The bathroom smells bad. It is not clean enough for a hotel. When i inspected the shower area, there are some dirt on the sides and on the floor. (which can be removed if the one who cleaned it, thoroughly cleaned the bathroom. and for a hotel, it is a must that all bathrooms are thoroughly cleansed).
2. Noises from the other room can be heard in our room. We can hear conversations from our next door room.
3. We had a complimentary dinner at Azalea Restaurant. Again, the staff were all nice, but the food took forever to be served. The taste is not so good either especially the Pinoy Style Pasta my daughter ordered. (malansa). The juice that came with the complimentary dinner tastes like water but with color.

All in all, our stay at One Tagaytay Place is okay. If they just have super clean bathrooms that smells good, I will have an excellent time in this hotel. Nevermind the noise of the other room, I can just turn up the volume of the tv.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Anne M
rsalol, General Manager at One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Ms. Anne M,

Greetings from One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites!

Thank you so much for your recent stay with us as one of our valued guests and more importantly for sharing with us how you felt with our services and facilities. We value so much our guest concerns as it serves as a yardstick and platform to getting better and further improve our services.

Our Front Office staff is so glad to know that as soon as you entered the hotel, the staff helped you with your bags and greeted you politely and cheerfully, and your group were offered welcome drinks which according to your Kids tastes good and that you were given a room on the 6th floor and which have a perfect view of the volcano.

Our Housekeeping Manager will be happy to learn that you liked our beds which you mentioned comfortable and clean.

It's also good that you liked the Norwegian Salmon Steak and the Mango Sago

My sincerest apologies for the inconveniences on the negative things you have experienced and this will be raised in the management meeting to address the issues for us to give great service for the future clients of ours.Again my apologies ,the issues will be discussed thoroughly with the corresponding management team and you can be assured of better service next time around.

May I invite you to give us another try and in your future visit please do not hesitate to contact me anytime.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 19 April 2014

On Saturday, April 19, 2014 8:38 PM, nicomedes sansait <nsansait@yahoo.com> wrote:
here link through tripadvisor
please paste

Write a review - TripAdvisor

Write a review - TripAdvisor
View on www.tripadvisor.com
Preview by Yahoo

Visiting from America, Philippines is very exciting to visit.

Here is the following comments after checking in at One Tagaytay on April 14th to 15th, 2014.

The staff were so nice and accomodating.
The food is average and the service is quick while the servers were courteous.
The price is expensive for the hotel.
The facility is two star at best and my basis is the hotels here in the United States.
There were two twin beds.
Now what turns us off is the bedbug. I had so many bites in my leg and hip. I took pictures of the bites. I did not see the
bedbug but the way the room was located is that it has less or no sunshine which is conducive to bedbugs growth. Having grown in the Philippines I am aware of those things and the way bedbugs bites

From
Ecs

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Niceder
rsalol, General Manager at One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Guest Niceder,

Greetings from One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites!

Thank you so much for your stay with us and also for finding time to write this valuable comment on how we do things for our Hotel guests. This will be used as our basis to further improve on our product offer and services we rendered.The management is happy to learn that our staff were nice and accommodating, and our service crew was fast and courteous.

Our sincerest apologies for the negative things you experienced and thanks again for raising this issues so we could prevent these matter from occurring next time for our future clients.I would like to express my regret for the inconvenience we have caused you.

Thank you so much once again for your stay and hoping the experience will not deter you to stay with us the next time around.

Luzon, Philippines
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We have purchased a deal which includes a Mongolian buffet and use of hotel facilities such as (gym, pool).

Hotel and restaurant staffs - I really admired the way they treat people because they greeted us nicely with a warm smile everytime they see us :) Keep it up!

Mongolian Buffet (Azalea Restaurant) - I can't remember the name of the one who assisted us but I remember she was pregnant. Again, thanks for assisting us :) She helped us to choose our desired flavor(seasoning) for our food.The food is really great. (Cooking time 5 - 8 mins)
Tip: You can try Sweet and Spicy or Sweet and sour. :)

Facilities: (Gym) - My 2 cousins really enjoyed the fitness center. You can do weightlifting here. No need to bring water because they already provided water, water cups and tissue. Really nice!

(Pool) - The pool attendants are also nice. They give us towels and chairs. The view here is priceless.

Bad experience: The lift we always waited for about 15- 20 mins just to get up at the 9th floor.

Parking is also nice, At the ground floor you can find ATM, 711 Convenience store and even Rowena's pasalubong :)

We really loved our stay here. Nice job One Tagaytay Place. We will definitely come back here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank nickomie
rsalol, General Manager at One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Guest Nickomie,

Greetings from OneTagayaty Place Hotel Suites.

Thank you for spending your precious time in writing your recent experience with us. It gives us a feeling of joy and satisfaction to know that you are satisfied with the service and facilities of the Hotel.

Our Hotel and restaurant staff will be jumping with joy to know about your positive comments on treating people and the genuine smile they give.

Jayme was so happy to know , the one who assisted your group that you liked the way she assisted you on how to go about the Mongolian buffet to choose your desired flavor(seasoning) for your food.

Aside from the one I mentioned,the feeling of satisfaction to learn that you were also completely satisfied with our Gym facilities and the Swimming Pool made us feel glad.

Regarding the lift, the design and space problem is our greatest challenge.

You made mention our parking facilities which is also nice and spacious and the provision of ATM, 711 Convenience store and even Rowena's pasalubong made you completely satisfied.

Thank you for your stay and for giving time to rate our facilities and services.

We are looking forward serve you again in your next visit.

Lipa City, Philippines
Reviewed 24 March 2014

The hotel is near the famous attractions in Tagaytay. Rooms are clean and spacious. The bridgeway between the two buildings is a good spot if you want to experience the cool wind of Tagaytay. The convenience store in front of the hotel makes it easy for guests to buy small items that they needs.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Papa-Caps
Dear Papa-Caps,

A pleasant greetings from One Tagaytay Place Hotel and Suites!

The management is very thankful to know about the great experience in your recent stay and the team is very delighted to know that you have an enjoyable one in your last visit. As a practice,we will let the departments know about this.

i would like to thank you for the time spent in writing this valuable comments which will be used as yardstick in our future dealing with our honored clients.

Thank you once again and looking forward to be of service in your next visit.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

I booked a room here for a last minute weekend getaway. The price was pretty reasonable for it being last minute and on a weekend. The room was surprisingly large and very clean. The pillows were very comfy. The bed was average. I only have a couple a few complaints about this places. It's tucked away and kind of hard to find as its not right on the main road. It sits behind another building. There is no view to speak of. The elevators are very very small. We ate at the restaurant and the food was below average for the price. All in all if I needed a place to stay and nothing better was available, I would definitely stay again. Oh I forgot to mention the staff was nice.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Scott D
rsalol, General Manager at One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Mr. ScottD,

Greetings from One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites.

The hotel appreciates your time spent in sharing your recent weekend getaway with us. It is always a wonderful feeling when we received positive notes like yours. We were happy to know that you liked our large and clean rooms and the comfy pillows and for considering our reasonable price.

We have listed down the areas that we can worked on and some that we can't due to structural limitations.

Our heartfelt thanks for your patronage and it will always be a pleasure to be of service to you in your next visit.