“Spacious Rooms”

Ranked #22 of 25 Hotels in Tagaytay
Manila, Philippines
“Spacious Rooms”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

It was the time of fully-booked hotels when we decided to stay overnight in Tagaytay - that's the problem when you plan on short notice. Thankfully, Emiramona was still available for us to book. Emiramona is located close to the Pink Sisters so if you do plan to book your hotel stay, you now know its location. It is a walking distance to Pink Sisters, you can attend mass if you have time to visit.

Emiramona is a simple hotel, you will notice that when you enter the gates and when you also enter the lobby. It also doesn't have an elevator. However, the rooms are spacious and they sometimes even provide a folding bed in case you need a spare one.

They have a covered pool which seems appropriate for Tagaytay since it can get chilly up there in the cooler months. During the time that we were staying, they offered buffet breakfast with a lot of options which I think were a plus when we stayed in the hotel.

They also offer spa but it's outsourced so you wait for the masseuse to come over - there's an option if you'd like the massage done in your room or in the spa room. My friend requested it done in their room but I had it done in the spa room. Their spa room might need more spa facilities like the massage bed and the likes. However, the walk from my hotel room to the spa room has shown me another side of Emiramona, and I think they are villas - it would be interesting to spend the night in one of the rooms/villa over there.

All in all, Emiramona is a good hotel to stay at. The rooms are spacious, the staff are courteous and nice. However, you have to be aware that this is not close to the Taal view - so if you're after that, this isn't the hotel for you.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Ayee B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed in the hotel just for a night with my family. We choose the hotel because of their indoor pool and besides, most of the hotels during that time were all fully booked. From the reservation throughout our stay... all their staffs are very friendly and helpful. The room is spacious, the bed is big except their bedding is not that good. The bathroom is average.. with no foot rag, no exhaust fan except for the small screened window. There's hot and cold water dispenser in every floor which is very useful. If you're staying in the building and you want to go to their swimming pool... you still have to go pass the outside reception and parking before reaching it. I was really disappointed with their pool because they don't usually clean it. I still have to tell them that we're going to use the pool before they vacuumed it and not even treated the water. A group of people used the pool the day before and still they didn't even bother to clean it after not unless I told them that we want to use the pool. The worst of all.... their service... yes the staff are friendly but only few are regular employees. We we're in their cafeteria waiting for our breakfast... there were only few tables occupied that time.. I think 3 tables, so it means not too many to be serve. Their food were so simple and yet so pricey. We waited for more than 30 minutes before the food were served. Worst of all... the one who serve the food gave it to the other table.. it stayed there while the couple on the table were talking. When I asked for my order, it was only then that they learned that they gave my order on the wrong table.. you won't believe it... they just get it from the other table and transferred it on my table saying sorry it was a mistake. Gosh... they didn't even bother to return it to their kitchen so that at least the guest will not think that it was from the other table. Their reason of mistake....because the one who serve it is just an OJT or trainee. They should train them first before allowing them to do the job. One thing, we know the place is just near the Pink Sister Convent but no idea how to go there, so we asked a staff .. and again we got a worst answer... "Sorry, I don't know the place, I'm not from here, I'm just a trainee". As far as I know, it is a common question from a hotel guest to ask directions and places nearby and as a trainee they should know that by themselves. Another one... we were asking for a towel at the pool... again, the lady told us to wait because she's just a trainee and she still have to ask. It was really a negative impact for the owner of the hotel having trainees without even training them of important things to know. The place is really nice and quiet but because of these untrained OJTs, the hotel might have a bad reviews from their guest like us. I like the place but not the service.

Room Tip: They have this annex and I strongly recommend the place because it is near the swimming pool and the...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JoannePerez
Butuan, Philippines
Reviewed 1 March 2014

After more than ten years, I chanced upon visiting the famous vacation hub in the southern part of Luzon. I've seen lot of changes. Renowned business entities are now starting to be around the area but its simplicity remains.

I checked in Emiramona Garden Hotel a day before our seminar in a nearby hotel. The booking is easily facilitated through phone by the Staff named Edlyn. I called her just three days before my arrival. At that time the available room is in the 4th floor. I asked her to transfer my room reservation should there be a vacant room in a lower level and she did.

The accommodation is in a single superior with free breakfast. The room is just enough for me. It has complete good amenities –spacious toilet with hot and cold bath, water heater, hair dryer, personal fridge and soft bed. All of the staff is kind and accommodating, helping me out to all my needs.

The hotel is located about 50 meters away from Aguinaldo Highway. It has a unique feature – a resto with a swimming pool inside.No noticeable signage but the place is known to locals.No worries if you miss the place when you are riding a bus. Just be sure to alight in rotunda, the trike will take you there.

Overall, my stay with this hotel is good thou a little bit pricey.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Jelotz
Devon
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel in December 2013 for 3 nights. It is quietly located in landscaped grounds. The double room with a matrimonial bed was excellent although a little on the small side. We enjoyed the furnishings and especially the quality of the furniture in the large lounge on the ground floor. The staff were all very friendly and the service and cleanliness of the room was also very good indeed.
The only downside was the bed. Although it had a mattress overlay I found the bed to be extremely uncomfortable and too firm and it gave me backache although it's fair to say that I am quite sensitive to different mattresses. My fiancee however had no complaints about the comfort of the bed
Would I stay there again? Yes, but would request an additional mattress overlay

Room Tip: Request a room in the block at the rear away from the road and the pool, and avoid rooms adjacent to...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank qsbuilder
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

The room stinks, dirty bed sheet, TV cannot be used, toilet bowl flooded...shower head cannot be used, how worse can that be????
The one good thing is the staffs were nice....that's all.
At the end, we left the hotel at 6 in the morning.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
10 Thank 867nikkic

Travellers are raving about these Tagaytay hotels

Reviewed 4 September 2013

My husband and I arrived Tagaytay a day before our couples retreat which will be held right infront of the hotel (Angel'sHIll) so that we don't have to wake up early for the 8am call time. Upon arriving at 8pm from Manila, we were greeted by very courtious hotel staffs. The room was very clean and smells good. The only thing was that we kept on asking for a foot towel because there was none in the bathroom. They sent 2 large bath towels they use for the pool area. We just used the hand towel provided in the room instead. The free breakfast was very simple.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a room at the back not facing the road. You can hear cars passing by.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank isaacmanila
Cavite
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Just had a chance to stay in this hotel when i attended Deped Seminar. I found this place so simple but relaxing place to stay bcoz it's cool ambience and clean surrounding. Though i was not able to directly pay the rate..i think this place is worth your money when you need to look for a place like this.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business