“Small room, far from the ridge”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Dominique

Hotel Dominique
Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Tagaytay
San Francisco
“Small room, far from the ridge”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

I booked a night's stay here based on the reviews and my assumption that it was a quaint place which would make up for its average location. Maybe those reviews were from people who stayed in the nice looking villas? The "Superior" rooms in the motel-type building however were pretty small and not too inspiring. I wish I had chosen a hotel with a location closer to the ridge and with a view of the lake. From hotel dominique, it's a 5-10 minute jeepney ride to the ridge and it's restaurants and coffee shops. Tricycles weren't easily available either.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank eyvv

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Good Day!

Overall, I can say that the stay was 8 out of 10 stars. There are things to improve like the beds, there were like dust like under the pillow which made our faces itchy and I saw a small roach on the wall.. Overall the place was private, the casitas with attic was comfy to stay at, restrooms are clean, the parking was great.. and will definetly come back.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lianne A
Muntinlupa, Philippines
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

From the outside it looks fairly promising, looking like a quaint little European village, but once you get inside the rooms you see the lack of quality of the place. The rooms are poorly designed, the bathroom horribly so. It's like staying in a motel. The cabinets are of poor quality, the fridge is cheap-looking, and the parking is HORRIBLE. If they run out of parking in the front of the main building, you're forced to go inside and pass by this narrow passageway for your car just so you can park on the curb of one of their tiny little streets inside. My boyfriend and I were so shocked that we had to drive through this tiny little hole to park our car! The attendants who were trying to help us just waved their flashlights back and forth on the ground and when we rolled down the window and plainly asked for more direction / to explain what precisely he wanted us to do, he just kept moving his flashlight back and forth as if he didn't hear us. We had to repeat our question three times just so we could get him to speak.

Terrible experience! Bad rooms, bad service, very poor quality construction + design. Save your money and go somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank featherblown

Travellers are raving about these Tagaytay hotels

Paranaque, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

The place is cute and cozy. A bit out of the way from the tourist places of Tagaytay, but not that long a drive if traffic is okay. It's a great place to stay in for families and couples, as it is quiet and comfy.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Bambi E
Makati, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a night using our cashcashpinoy voucher and it was good value for money. True to the GMs response in one of the reviews here, the wifi system in the hotel has improved considerably. We could use our iPads and tablets easily inside our room. Our child loved the cartoons on cable tv, and the hot and cold shower was easy to operate and properly functioning. Plus point was when we requested for late check out at 1:30 PM, the front desk readily accommodated our request. We therefore took our time enjoying the taste of the complimentary breakfast (my husband and me ordered beef tapa and it came with fried rice and two (2) eggs cooked to your liking). My husband and me are coffee lovers and when my husband requested a second cup, the friendly waiter willingly addressed our request. My daughter enjoyed her sunny side ups paired with marmalade and butter. We were also given a plate full of sliced sweet watermelon as added complimentary. Neither my daughter nor me are fruit lovers but we loved the taste of its sweetness. Though the lighting on the floor where we stayed seemed a bit dim for me, I believe the matter could have easily been addressed if only we requested to light it more. But then, we were away most of the afternoon anyway that I didn't really feel the need to request it. Besides, they keep all lights open at night (it was upon our arrival at 5 PM when the lights were limited) so when we got back from food tripping, my daughter didn't really get nervous.

The room size is just enough, it is not as grand as the usual 5-stars' size but it has all that we needed for a relaxing night: a nice hot and cold, simple but elegantly designed toilet and bath, a comfortable matrimonial bed, a cabinet to put our bags in, a dresser for grooming, a personal ref, and some dining stuff like glasses (you can request for cups and saucers, etc.).

Parking was not a problem even if we arrived a bit late than most guests. It is not so far from the city center but it is very near the Pink Sisters Convent. There is a fruit stand across Hotel Dominique and buses and jeepneys abound the area because it is along the Aguinaldo Highway. There is no view of Taal Volcano, but you can always hop on a bus and you're at the rotunda in no time. We already tried staying in other hotels in Tagaytay with a terrace facing the lake (pricier than usual, of course) but I find I don't really need it coz I'm a late riser anyway (which was the reason why we needed to check out late). Besides, our house is not too far from Tagaytay, we can always see Taal Volcano anytime :-)

Once in Tagaytay, visit also the Picnic Grove, Palace in the Sky, and Sky Ranch, and you can enjoy as far as Alfonso and Batangas (Caleruega). Or you can just eat and eat and eat like we did :-) Weather is great most times of the year.

I think we also saw the GM during breakfast though we didn't get to talk with him. He looks like a man who knows how to do business the right way, especially in dealing with his staff. I believe he takes the reviews, especially the negative ones, quite positively and act on them. He is friendly to kids. I should know coz my daughter is quite "makulit" and nosy for her young age but he put up with her very nicely that my daughter would have wanted to spend one more night there (she normally hates staying in hotels because she hates the idea of leaving her toys at home) had we not reminded her that she still has early classes the next day.

Room Tip: We took a deluxe room, three of us on one (1) bed. Our little girl had a good night rest. But an e...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Butuan, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

I was amazed. It looks simple in front but the moment you get inside the premise - wow so wonderful. It is themed like you are somewhere outside the Philippines. It is like a big compound where houses built separately from one another. It infuses relaxing environment. I may be miles away from home but I felt like i am home. Cool climate. You can walk at a rolling pathway without worries of your safety as the whole property is securely fenced. It is built as houses,each house was assigned with Philippines known hardwood trees.

Its clean anywhere - inside the room, public toilet and function rooms. Foods are all tasty, nutritious and well blended with our needs. Everyone in the hotel is kind and helpful. Wifi is everywhere for free. I can feel that the owner is a good-natured individual as it reflects with the kind of personnel who served us.

If given the chance, gonna get back to this place. Surely, will recommend to everyone.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Jelotz
ottawa canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

The standard room was fine, a little small but comfy and clean.I was the only tourist ,the rest were a government seminar conference,so a tad noisy at night and in early morning.Staff were helpful and friendly A 10 mmiute walk into town,to see crater/lake

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo