“Great view. Convenience.”

Summit Ridge Tagaytay
Ranked #18 of 27 Hotels in Tagaytay
Reviewed 15 February 2013

We were looking for somewhere to stay in Tagaytay for overnight accommodations only. It was kind of last minute as I was only able to book Summit Ridge on the day itself. While I was trying to book reservations for the hotel, I called the landline number posted on their website and asked to be transferred to reservations. I was told that there is no one there and asked what I needed. I asked if there were rooms available for the same night and the guy on the other end of the line immediately told me that there were no more available rooms as they were fully booked for the weekend. Not being convinced, I tried calling the mobile number. It took a while to get through the mobile number but after a few tries, I was able to talk to someone and I was told that there were 3 rooms available, which was what I needed. It pays to be persistent, I guess. We could have easily fit in 2 rooms with 3 persons per room but they ran out of extra bed, so we had to take 3 rooms instead. After that, everything was a breeze. We got there and were immediately checked-in and transferred to our rooms. We stayed on the 8th floor, which has an awesome view of the lake and the volcano. Room size is just standard, has king size bed, and a couch, and a balcony that faces the lake. Bathroom is spacious, with standard amenities. There is no minibar, but there is a mini-fridge that is available to use. There is a wall-mounted flat-screen tv that has basic cable channels, but one of the rooms we got has very poor tv reception. Wi-fi connection is complimentary. There is air-conditioning but we did not use it much since the weather is still very cool. Our rooms also come with free massages at their spa but we were not able to avail it. A word of caution though, during the night, we still get to hear the cars passing through the highway. To think that we were already in one of the highest floors and we can still hear the noise from below. It did not bother us much but it might be a problem for light sleepers.
Location of the hotel was very ideal. It is right across Josephine's Restaurant which is where we had our dinner. It is also right beside a Starbucks cafe and Robinsons Supermarket so it is very convenient. There is enough parking at the front of the hotel as well as the basement and there is a guard that roves around the parking area at all times.
Breakfast buffet was just ok. It has standard breakfast food. Some items, they do not refill often enough, like the pancake station. My 4-year old son also tried the pool. It was really cold that morning and the pool is not heated. Also the pool does not get enough sunlight since the hotel building is blocking the sun in the morning.
Overall, it was a pleasant stay and would consider staying there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 January 2013

Looking for a quick escape from the hustle and bustle of the city? A trip to Tagaytay would be your best bet. Summit Ridge Hotel offers the best as far convenience is concerned. Just across the infamous Josephine's, the location is near most of the main attractions of Tagaytay (Calaruega, Sonya's Garden and of course the magnificent view of the Taal Lake). We got the two-bedroom suite which was just perfect for a group of 6 to 8. The breakfast was superb as it offered a variety of local and international cuisine. I will surely comeback and experience the loveliness that is Tagaytay.

Room Tip: Choose the room on the left part if you are facing the Taal Lake as it offers a better view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Stayed in the summit suite two bedroom for new year's eve. The weather was cold and there was thick fog in the morning. The view of the volcano was amazing from the hotel balcony. The suite had two balconies, one in the master bedroom and the other from the small living room. There was no view in the second bedroom other than the hallway. I suggest getting a room further down the hall as the noise from people passing through can be heard in the second bedroom. There was only one bathroom but it was big and spacious. The shower area and toilet have separate doors. There were two sinks as well. There was ample supply of toiletries, in fact they gave a set of toiletries for each occupant. We were five, so we got an extra bed. The small kitchen area had free coffee, (though what I wanted was tea) and water. There was a microwave, although the one in our room wasn't working. We also got a free fruit platter that came with our room. There was a router in the living area and the wifi was working fine. The hotel staff were very courteous. Even if the food wasn't that great, there are several restaurants one can go to as this hotel is beside a mall. Josephine's and Gerry's Grill are across the street. Starbucks, Gilligans and even a supermarket are just a few steps away. All in all, I enjoyed my stay and will definitely go back. But it's got to be when the weather is really cool because it adds to the pleasure.

Reviewed 10 January 2013

My family and I celebrated the first week of new year in Tagaytay. I booked us online in their website and got a promo rate for their 2 bedroom suite. The place is great and the view of Taal lake is nice since our room is on the 6th floor. The hotel is relatively new and staff are pleasant as they will greet you when they see you. The room is nice as well. We had a kitchen in the living room complete with cooking utensils, microwave oven and a mini refrigerator. There are complimentary bottled water and coffee on the countertop. The common bathroom is unusually huge. I think a bath tub or a jacuzzi even has been part of the plan but was left out at the last minute. We even joked that 5 wheel chairs can fit in there. Toiletries, Hot and cold shower and hair dryer are available. As for the bedrooms, the master bedroom has its own tv and veranda while the other bedroom is pretty standard. Wifi is available in the room since it's equipped with its own router. If there are cons with our stay, it's that I wish there were 2 bathrooms available since it is a 2 bedroom suite that houses 4 people. And the room closest to the corridor must at least be soundproof. We woke up to the sounds of kids running down the corridor and the nearby construction from SMDC. Breakfast for four is included in the package I got and it's served at C2 cuisine restaurant in the ground floor. There's also a mini mall/plaza beside the hotel that houses several restaurants, coffee shop and a supermarket. Overall, it's a good stay in a great place.

Reviewed 9 January 2013

We stayed for three nights in January in a two bedroom suite on the 9th floor. The view of Taal Lake and Volcano was terrific. Otherwise I would say that the hotel was not quite up to expectations in several ways. Overall I would say that the prices would lead one to expect more spacious rooms with better furnishings. The accommodations were clean and simple, and would have been fine if the costs were at least 25 to 35 percent less.

Our biggest problem however was the lack of response to a severe flooding problem from the shower. The drain did not work properly, resulting in a flooded bathroom, which made the stone floor extra slippery, in addition to causing a huge mess. At least three complaints to the front desk were ignored. Someone who finally came up on day 2 said the drain was working ( it was not) and that the problem was that the floor sloped the wrong way! On day 3 I complained again, and the front desk remained unresponsive (though polite). After asking them to check the drain again in the morning, nothing had been done three hours later. A long discussion ensued, with no response to our request to speak to management. They offered to move us to a different room, which should have been done immediately in retrospect, but given that we did not want the hassle of reap king for just one night, we refused. Finally after more discussion and several hours, someone from the front desk offered to take one evening off the bill. We appreciated this concession but felt it came too late and after much argumentation.

To be fair, we were traveling with a party that had two suites and two rooms and only one suite had this problem. But it was one too many.

1  Thank rn123456
Reviewed 5 January 2013

It was a bad choice to eat in their restaurant on the first floor as it gave us our worst restaurant experience.

No waiters. Actually, i counted four or five. But they are all somewhere else except inside the restaurant. There was one guy who was at the bar and dressed as the supervisor/manager. But he never cared serving us or i think he was not aware that there are actual customers inside his restaurant that are not being served by his waiters.

Most of their food wasn't available. Even drinks in the menu are not available. (just coke and ice tea for a four star hotel restaurant?). And they served our food after 30 minutes. 15 minutes into waiting time, they told us two of the dishes we ordered are not available anymore.

The restaurant's ambiance was really nice.
But above experience makes it ugly.

If i wanted a Tagaytay stay where i won't leave the hotel anymore so i can just eat, relax, and sleep for 24 hours in one place, then i will skip Summit Ridge Hotel.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank kiko1203
Reviewed 10 December 2012

Went here on an overnighter seminar. The place is great, with December cool winds sweeping along the corridors and hallways. Speaking of hallways, the ones on the room floors are open air, allowing you a view outside. I wonder how this arrangement turns out during storms with sideways rain.

The room was neat, but rather spartan. Carpeting would have changed the room’s character immensely, but I guess that would be too much to ask. There are no master switches bedside, so if you get sleepy watching the tivo and the lights happen to be on, youd have to summon the will to get up and go to the switch; or, you could try sleeping with lights on for a change. One issue we had was with the airconditioning. It constantly swung between hot and too cold.

We were booked a room on the third floor, so we only got to see snippets of the lake in the balcony. A room on the upper floors would have provided a much better view.

Theres a small pool behind the hotel, but no one dared take a dip in this cold weather.

Buffet meals are served at the C2 restaurant at the ground floor. I figure about 6-8 dishes by way of variety. For some reason the food was so-so during dinner but was great during breakfast and lunch.

Parking is ample; there are slots in front of the hotel and more in the basement.

I guess I expected way too much going into this hotel, mostly basing my expectations on the façade. But its still a good hotel and I wouldn’t mind coming back.

Room Tip: Get a room in the upper floors. You’ll get a view of the Taal lake and volcano, and youll better in...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business