I read just about all the reviews for this place. and decided that it would be ok.
Good location, near the restos middle of the hi-way.
The View is spectacular.... that is if you get the right room.
service was friendly, and helpful like front desk personnel even the valet and the car attendants.. well they should be given the circumstances.
room size was ok clean, 1 queen and 1 single. brought my 3 yr old kid. and yaya. it had a bath tub which my kid liked.
syaff is courteous front desk janine i think and one of the parking attendants. people were nice.
-really bad wifi. its true, its non exixtent. and here the front desk werent very helpful!
-Also we booked through an online service. we initially got a cheaper room superior with lake view with view which was one notch below deluxe but higher than standard room, but when we got there decided to get a room with a better view we got a deluxe lake view. sadly they let us upgrade but with a much higher increase back to the regular room rates. after we already paid the online co. the 10% service charge. so we overspent by 10%.
-Parking was a disaster. although they're remodeling it already. they have valet boys who ask you to leave your keys coz the parkings too tight,. its like your in binondo or makati where there are triple parked cars. really bad
-i skipped the breakfast even if its free. ate in the resto around instead.
- slipery floors when wet. but generally my son liked the garden to run around,.
- the halls of the other rooms smelled old already. but my room had good circulation. it felt very fresh.
would i come back? yes. would i look for other hotels to experiment on? yes also. ;)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cuddled up amidst the slope of Tagaytay Ridge, approximately 90 minutes away from Manila, The Lake Hotel Tagaytay is a picture of verdantly serene and majestic haven. The Mediterranean inspired architectural design is complimented by the breathtaking view of the world-famous Taal Volcano and the opulence of over a hundred year old trees sprawled along the cliff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Travel Book Philippines, Inc., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Lake Hotel Tagaytay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.