I personally think that Tagaytay rooms along the ridge are starting to get very expensive but we wanted a "lake view" hotel so we decided to book Lake Hotel. Booked a Standard room for 3 nights (4K per night rate + buffet breakfast for 2)
- a small family of 3-4 can fit in the standard room (around 4K pesos per night) as it has a double bed and a single bed but the walking space in the room is small
- clean bathroom, nice toiletries
- cheaper compared to other hotels around the ridge
- good buffet breakfast
- safe parking available for guests
- great great location
- it took a looooong time + a lot of wasted water for the hot water to go down (or up?) the pipes (we checked in on a Thursday which is why the cold water had to be "pushed" out the pipes)
- the balcony had mosquitoes so don't open the balcony door at night
All in all its a good place to stay in Tagaytay if you're willing to spend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cuddled up amidst the slope of Tagaytay Ridge, approximately 90 minutes away from Manila, The Lake Hotel Tagaytay is a picture of verdantly serene and majestic haven. The Mediterranean inspired architectural design is complimented by the breathtaking view of the world-famous Taal Volcano and the opulence of over a hundred year old trees sprawled along the cliff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Travel Book Philippines, Inc., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Lake Hotel Tagaytay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.