“Definitely Going Back”

Ranked #16 of 171 Restaurants in Tagaytay
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Telephone + 63 46 413 2102.
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

It was my second time here and hubby's first. Between the two of us though, it's hubby who likes Italian food more and knows more about it than I do.

He said, a lot is missing in the menu but he was happy with what "I" ordered. I ordered the Buon Giorno salad and 4-cheese pizza and hubby ordered antipasto and his favorite - pepperoni pizza. (We had the pizza split into two.)

The salad was presented nowhere near appetizing and the tomatoes were overripe. The dressing though was good. The antipasto was just ok same with the pepperoni pizza. What made our day was the 4-cheese pizza. The crust was perfectly thin and the flavors were not overwhelming. Hubby almost ate all of it!

We also had a great view since we had the opium bed. I think that seat has the best view of the lake.

Service was ok. It was still a bit early so there were not a lot of diners. The wait staff were just milling around so they were naturally attentive.

The verdict: we'll definitely go back to this place and try other menu.

1  Thank LittleBigMissus

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Went there on a Saturday evening so we were expecting the place to be jam packed, thankfully it wasn't. Their lasagna was very fulfilling! Pizza was just OK.

Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

It was raining on a Sunday afternoon. The girl in front was just busy shooing guests away even with tables available.I asked if there was an appointment thats 1 and a half hours later, she said yes. I said can we take that table instead bec itll only take us 30mins she said ok after asking a manager, who gave us a round and square table by the kitchen. Not a good start.

The risotto was yummy and so was the steak. You can skip the salad and pasta. It barely filled 1/4 a bowl!

With uneven tables, youd think theyd help bus out empty plates but it takes them forever. A waitress even told me to wait. So maybe they were tired but definitely not a pleasant experience.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Ok so this doesn't compare to Italy.. but it's surprisingly good considering Tagaytay has terrible food.

I frequent this place, about once a week for the past 3 months.. quality is fairly consistent.

Ambiance:
Ehh. The only thing special about it is the view of Taal Volcano, which you need to sit outside to really get a good view. Definitely make a reservation if planning to go on the weekend. Inside is not that great. This is more of a place for friends and family.

Food:
- I always get the vegetarian pizza with no cheese - it's actually my favorite. Usually places will just toss veggies on the bread and cook it.. but they add spices to really pump up the flavor. I was slightly impressed with this.
- The bruschetta was actually good considering it tastes nothing like real bruschetta. It had a unique flavor - tasted really balsamicy.
- My boyfriend gets the traditional pasta with marinara. The sauce is delicious!! Over priced for the portion size, though.
- Caesar salad... doesn't taste so much like a caesar salad you've probably had. The dressing is more like mustard.

Service:
Pretty good considering it's on the tourist strip.

I suggest coming here if you want a decent Italian meal with a great view.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I have been a regular customer at this restaurant but was disappointed with the quality of the food served during my last visit. They seems to be in a hurry to bring out the food at one go which I believe was because it was a not a too busy night for the restaurant. The pizza was not as good as before. The ambiance was excellent, nice cool evening for an outdoor dinner. I hope to return again and see some improvements!