All reviews outdoor jacuzzi fire lake grill corner suite homemade granola buttered toast spinach mushroom taal volcano wedding preps r r relaxing weekend view from the balcony enjoyed our stay spacious bathroom great view jeff preparation sir
Reviewed 9 January 2013

This place is probably one of the best places to stay in the Philippines. Our experience in the Inn at Cliffhouse from the time that we entered their compound just kept getting better and better. It was our first time to visit the place so when we first looked at the full parking space, we thought it was going to be a hassle finding a spot. But since we are guests, we get the best parking spots reserved for us.

Next was their lobby. It was very small but had a very warm and inviting feel. The reception staff were very helpful and accommodating and always had a smile on their face which is always great to see.

I didn't know that their compound, aside from the Inn/ Hotel itself, was open to the public. So the big crowd for me was alarming and a bit annoying. I was expecting a very relaxing and quiet stay and after seeing all the people, I really did not have my hopes up.

We were brought to a passage way with a glass door with a security lock. Apparently the suites were below all the hustle and bustle above. We booked three suites and they were kind enough to remove the suite separators located in the balcony. So we almost had the whole place to our selves. Once we got inside our suites, we were really impressed. They were big, clean, smelled great and boy did it have an incredible view! I don't really need to post a picture here because those shots you see in the internet or magazines is exactly what you will get and more. You just have to stay there to understand what I mean.

The best part for me, which is kinda just a small detail, but impressed me the most was our breakfast. They had made a beautiful breakfast table setting for us and my favorite part was they handed out their breakfast menu with our names printed on it. Now thats what you call a personal touch.

I will definitely be back once I get a chance to visit. I hope they all keep up what they are doing and never lower their standards.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank brettfuzzed
Reviewed 30 December 2012

We found everything we needed for a comfortable stay. The owner adds a personal touch and was very accommodating and goes out of her way to assist in the bookings.

My husband and I still plan to return numerous times since we are very much satisfied with how the staff makes sure you feel comfortable and makes sure all your needs are addressed.

I find the rates to be ok since it is expected with the huge rooms. There are only 4 rooms available which maintains the exclusivity of the place.

I am sure there are a lot of cheaper and smaller places in Tagaytay for accommodation but for special occasions and when you and your partner/family would want to experience private and VIP living, The Inn is the best place to visit.

The Inn is also the perfect place for Wedding Preps, huge rooms where your photo-video crew, make-up artist and family can all fit together.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BLSJ122212
Reviewed 23 November 2012

surfed the net for the best place to stay in when going to tagaytay. this one was at the top of the list. you get what you pay for: HUGE bedroom. HUGE bathroom. warm and friendly staff. perfect place to go to if you want to get away from it all. :)

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Oday779
Reviewed 29 October 2012

At 100sqm to a suite with a panoramic view of Taal, it doesn't get any better than The Inn at Cliffhouse. The breakfast was great, would have really been awesome if they can serve it in the room. Its hotel policy though to have breakfast at the reception area/cafe. You could get a massage in the room, hop in the jacuzzi at the balcony and enjoy the breathtaking view of the lake. From all the hotels we tried in Tagaytay, this was by far the best.

Room Tip: Get the suites at the opposite ends...Its more quite and and you have a jacuzzi...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank RyanPangilinan
Reviewed 29 October 2012

My wife and I along with our 2 sons stayed overnight at the West Quoddy suite at The Inn at Cliffhouse Tagaytay. The room was large as advertized and my kids thoroughly enjoyed the outdoor jacuzzi. The room was certainly comfortable enough with modern furnishings and a large bathroom. If your idea of a relaxing vacation is just sitting or laying around doing nothing or just curling up to read a book or soaking in a jacuzzi admiring the view of Taal lake then certainly this fits the bill. However, if you were to stay here at the Inn, be prepared to foot a rather large bill. While I have no complaints per se with the facilities and service given, what we got was simply not commensurate to the price of the room. The room was large yes, but it basically had the same furnishings as other smaller rooms I've seen. There were 2 queen beds, a flat screen TV, sitting area, an Ipod dock and coffee/tea making facilities. A large part of the space in the room is actually just wasted. Of course the jacuzzi and terrace may form part of the price I'll admit but the view from the terrace is actually restricted by foliage. The view is much better from the upper levels where the restaurants are. On that aspect, the privacy/exclusivity bit does not hold water either. Access to the suites are restricted to guests of course but any feeling of exclusivity simply disappears once you hear what's going on above you and particularly on weekends, there is a fair bit of activity at the restaurants.

The breakfast we were served was filling though I'd really much rather go for the typical comfort food of bacon and eggs or the usual Filipino favorites of cured meats with garlic rice and egg. The breakfast was also not very kid friendly in my view so luckily we had some cereal brought along that they were able to have instead.

The service was friendly but there was really nothing extraordinary about it. As with the facilities, it was, as I've titled this review, passable.

Will I stay at the Cliffhouse Inn again? Perhaps not as upon further searching around, there seem to be better value options in Tagaytay. Maybe for a special occassion or supposing they offer a cheaper package I would consider.

Room Tip: The view from the terrace of the West Quoddy suite is restricted by the surrounding foliage. Perhaps the other corner suite has a better view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family