All reviews outdoor jacuzzi fire lake grill corner suite homemade granola buttered toast spinach mushroom taal volcano wedding preps r r relaxing weekend view from the balcony enjoyed our stay spacious bathroom great view jeff preparation sir
Reviewed 8 February 2013

Let me start by saying that this is perhaps one of the best places to stay while in Tagaytay. The place has 4 suites, each boasting of the perfect view of the famous Taal Volcano. Tucked at the lower levels of the Cliff House restaurant complex, this is a hidden gem that not a lot know about.

The rooms are all suites. Very large, and designed with quaint touches. The bathroom is oh so large, one of those with twin sinks! How often do you get that?!

Each package comes with breakfast. It is more of the American-Continental kind. Absolutely beautifully prepared and quite good too. I love it that a newspaper is given at breakfast with a personalized note on weather, etc.

Oh turn down service is quite adorable too. With a that comes a little beanie animal (we got a rabbit and a puppy) wishing you a good night's rest.

What didn't I like, if any? None! Sure it's quite pricey but you do get what you pay for. :-)

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank shelley_75
Reviewed 1 February 2013

My family and I had a wonderful time at The Inn at Cliffhouse Hotel. We spent 2 nights there and our stay was one of the best we've had. The personalized (handwritten too!) notes seems a small gesture but it made us feel important. The rooms are huuuuge! The view spectacular, and the heated jacuzzi was a very considerate amenity given the weather. Coco (the Innkeeper) was very accommodating. She made sure that we feel special and that our needs are attended to immediately. I looove this hotel and I will definitely be back SOON!

Room Tip: Minot's Ledge for me is the best among the 4 rooms in the hotel. It's a 100sqm room with a ledge overlooking Taal Lake. did I mention that there's a heated jacuzzi as well?
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Sol D
Reviewed 18 January 2013

I loved the place so much,the suites was so nice, clean,comfortable to stay and with a beautiful view of Taal Volcano the fact that price were expensive but it's all worth it,They offered good services like personalized touch of the management, kind and accommodating staff. I also loved the delicious full breakfast they prepared for me & my cousin.I really want to go back here with my husband next time. Got the chance to stay here for the complimentary certificate we had during our wedding at Clearwater as the venue.Try to visit this place for sure you'll have fun and experience complete relaxation so hurry up ! :-)

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Aina M
Reviewed 9 January 2013

This place is probably one of the best places to stay in the Philippines. Our experience in the Inn at Cliffhouse from the time that we entered their compound just kept getting better and better. It was our first time to visit the place so when we first looked at the full parking space, we thought it was going to be a hassle finding a spot. But since we are guests, we get the best parking spots reserved for us.

Next was their lobby. It was very small but had a very warm and inviting feel. The reception staff were very helpful and accommodating and always had a smile on their face which is always great to see.

I didn't know that their compound, aside from the Inn/ Hotel itself, was open to the public. So the big crowd for me was alarming and a bit annoying. I was expecting a very relaxing and quiet stay and after seeing all the people, I really did not have my hopes up.

We were brought to a passage way with a glass door with a security lock. Apparently the suites were below all the hustle and bustle above. We booked three suites and they were kind enough to remove the suite separators located in the balcony. So we almost had the whole place to our selves. Once we got inside our suites, we were really impressed. They were big, clean, smelled great and boy did it have an incredible view! I don't really need to post a picture here because those shots you see in the internet or magazines is exactly what you will get and more. You just have to stay there to understand what I mean.

The best part for me, which is kinda just a small detail, but impressed me the most was our breakfast. They had made a beautiful breakfast table setting for us and my favorite part was they handed out their breakfast menu with our names printed on it. Now thats what you call a personal touch.

I will definitely be back once I get a chance to visit. I hope they all keep up what they are doing and never lower their standards.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank brettfuzzed
Reviewed 30 December 2012

We found everything we needed for a comfortable stay. The owner adds a personal touch and was very accommodating and goes out of her way to assist in the bookings.

My husband and I still plan to return numerous times since we are very much satisfied with how the staff makes sure you feel comfortable and makes sure all your needs are addressed.

I find the rates to be ok since it is expected with the huge rooms. There are only 4 rooms available which maintains the exclusivity of the place.

I am sure there are a lot of cheaper and smaller places in Tagaytay for accommodation but for special occasions and when you and your partner/family would want to experience private and VIP living, The Inn is the best place to visit.

The Inn is also the perfect place for Wedding Preps, huge rooms where your photo-video crew, make-up artist and family can all fit together.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple