“Quirky,small boutique..excellent choice!”
Review of The Theodore Hotel

The Theodore Hotel
Ranked #8 of 106 Tagaytay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Went there as a party of 3 adults and 1 child.Our room fit us all nicely, with a queen sized bed for us and a big single daybed for our companion.Well appointed, clean place.Staff are really friendly and efficient.Greeted by welcome drinks upon arrival. Sleep quality wise, it's very good as it's bed was firm, pillows not too soft.Breezy during January to the point chilly at night (my mistake-I forgot to pack a light sweater) that our companion requested an extra comforter blanket and it took them all of 3 minutes to give it to us.There was a quirky lime green bath tub which was handy in giving a toddler a bath in too.Toiletries provided.I like the fact they put 4 towels in-no need to ask for one more for our companion.
Breakfast was awesome(highly recommended by my Aussie guest)-you MUST try their waffles.I don't miss the buffet breakfast some hotels do as this was rightfully delicious and filling-2 eggs cooked to your liking, waffles served with your choice of topping and sauce/syrup, ham/sausage/bacon and a platter of fruit accompanied by pineapple juice and brewed coffee.I'd rather have this than all the blah buffet food anyday!

Too bad we only stayed one night.Definitely staying here again if I'm ever in Tagaytay again.

Room Tip: The right most room from the 2nd floor ( i forgot if room 8 or 10) before the balcony fits 3 adults...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Stayed there last December 2013. Tagaytay is such a beautiful place. The location is perfect since it is situated near the rotunda (about 15 minutes if you wish to walk from the rotunda) This hotel is very clean, staff are very friendly, room is clean and food is great. Definitely going back :)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 December 2013

On a business trip to Manila with my wife, we decided to get out of the noise and smoke of the city for a short week-end, And also try to see something else of the Philippines. We quickly realized that in fact choices were quite limited apart from the beach resorts and diving spots in Batangas, most of them with very mixed reviews. So we opted for the volcano lake near Tagaytay with the advantage of being not to far away (still a couple of hours with the traffic) and found the Theodore as a place to spend the night. The small hotel is right on a very busy road but fortunately the rooms are mostly on the back side so there was no problem with the noise. There is a very nice terrace at the back of the hotel overlooking the lake and volcanoes where the breakfast is served. Our room was convenient and clean, yet with no window which is a bit of a shame given the beautiful surroundings. Service was excellent, staff friendly and helful, which made up for a lot of things. They arranged our trip to the volcano the next day and allowed late check out which was convenient to enjoy the full day and change at the last minute before heading back to Manila. Altogether a good experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 28970Patrick
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We booked the Theodore for an anniversary night away. The room was splendid, and the breakfast had some of the best waffles I've ever had. The view is lovely, and a great backdrop for breakfast on the balcony. The only downside is where the bathroom drain backed up right before we left, leaving an inch of shower water all over the bathroom floor. Since we left before they could even have a chance to fix it, and I know these things can happen, I don't hold it against them.

Room Tip: If you're seeing photos and admiring the view, chances are it was taken from the Theodore Room...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

I booked the Skyline room for 3 days and 2 nights with the help of Ian and Vanessa they were very accommodating and helpful, it was very easy to reserve even though it was just over the phone. I wanted to surprise my boyfriend who came all the way from Italy for our 2nd anniversary. We parked our car with the help of manong guard, their parking was very clean and maaliwalas. When we got to the entrance the first thing I noticed was how inspired the hotel was. Everything there was absolutely a work of art. I felt very at home with the help of the angelic staff. We were greeted by the lovely receptionist named Vanessa, then we were escorted to our room. The bed was divine, it was one of the most relaxing bed I have ever slept on. The first night we ate dinner at the restaurant to their left. Then the next morning we had breakfast which by the way was very satisfying and nutritious. Thanks to Yves and Christian our meal became even more satisfying. Vanessa and I had an agreement that after eating dinner the room will have an arrangement of roses for a small fee. :) the room was arranged in the most romantic manner and their speaker with an ipod dock helped with the mood( I made a playlist for the occasion). We first toasted our love with red wine then had a hot and relaxing bath in the their tub with their aromatic bubble bath soap. Then laid on the bed of roses that was artistically arranged by their inspired staff. The last day we ate breakfast that was served by our sweet waiter/housekeeper, Apol. Also I met the other receptionist Rhona and she played the organ for me. :) then we had a wonderful chat about the furnitures and the owners, designer and how they named the hotel. Our stay was truly blissful, it was paradise and I hope they would be able to give more joy to people who needs to be reminded of the good things in life.. :)

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I didn't have high expectations coming here, so I was pleasantly surprised that there was a very efficient and friendly staff. Aside from this, we stayed in the only room with a view of the lake and it was nice and spacious. The AC was working properly, the room may need to be just a bit updated but it was clean enough. I don't know why though the tissue box in the room wasn't 'real tissue,' it was just like toilet paper sheets that you pull. For the price you pay for a night, I'd expect first rate amenities. The bathroom was a bit dark but hot water was running fine. We stayed only one night and had breakfast in the room in the morning. The breakfast was excellent and eating it in peace and quiet with a view was awesome. I realize though that if the hotel were full, it would be really noisy and annoying. You will hear everything -- from people eating downstairs, to talking or coughing in the hallway and music being played outside. All in all, I rate this stay as very good because we had an excellent morning plus a room with a view to enjoy the cool cloudy and calm Tagaytay morning.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2013

The moment you arrive you soak up the elegance, calm, gentle atmosphere. I immediately felt at home and relaxed. The rooms are very clean and each room is very unique. We stayed in Modern Filipino and Cherry Blossom rooms during our 2 nights stay! It worth every penny.... The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. I really don't have anything bad to say about this place. Its very well located and we were very happy with our stay! The food was served generously. Kudos to the chef, food was great, very tasteful..
Theodore made our 1st anniversary celebration perfect.I fell in love with the place. Will definitely go back on our 3rd anniversary....hopefully

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple