“Will be back only for Shawarma!”

Mano's Greek Tavern
Ranked #94 of 168 Restaurants in Tagaytay
Cuisines: Greek
Manila
“Will be back only for Shawarma!”
Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

Ate here yesterday with my partner for a late lunch around 2pm at their new building in Tagaytay. You can spot the white building easily as they are right next to the huge Cityland condo development.

The menu is a clear book with a mishmash of sheets talking about Greek food, ingredients, and history, with the last few pages used as a menu. We noticed that most of their dishes are quite pricey (entrees range from P320 to P590) and we were not prepared to spend that much for a simple lunch. So we just ordered their cabbage salad, chicken shawarma, and macaroni with keema and waited a reasonable amount of time for our orders to arrive. The restaurant was empty except for us, and we were seated next to the window where it was bright.

The cabbage salad is a mix of finely shredded lettuce, carrots, chunks of feta and unpitted olives. It seemed to have some vinaigrette already so I jist added a bit more. This is only good for 1 hungry person and nothing great for P140. The chicken shawarma though, was delicious. Although the pita was on the thick side (you have to really bite hard to rip it off) the chicken was perfectly cooked and seasoned. With the strips of tomato and enough yogurt dressing, it really hit the spot. The macaroni with keema though, just turned out to be plain old spaghetti.

Service was not too great, there seemed to be no one on the floor waiting on us and we would have to yell or stand to get someone to assist. But the wait staff were nice enough. All in all would be back only for the shawarma.

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank starfish2010

Manila, Philippines
“grilled lamb shoulder”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I ordered the moasuka and my husband had the grilled lamb shoulder. This Greek restaurant uses the fresh ingredients on our dish. The eggplant on my dish is cooked to perfection. I have a slice of the lamb shoulder and it really tastes good. It is very juicy and it complements the dry white wine that was offered to us by one of the waiter. This experience is such a feast for our taste buds.

Visited October 2012
Singapore, Singapore
“Greek food it was...”
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Mano's Greek Taverna is multilevel dining restaurant with blue and white colours all around. We came here for lunch and sat in the lower dining level which had a great view. The music was very relaxing and its a nice place to eat and converse. While we were waiting for our order, we also spent some time reading about the history of Greek food which is printed on their menu. We ordered the 'vegetable shawarma 2' which was yummilicious that we were left asking for more. The pork on the skewer was very well flavored and was a good eat. The Spanakopita was a bit salty. The desserts that we ordered were Baklawa and Creme Caramel and both need some improvement. The serving staff were friendly and the place is good value for money.

• Visited April 2013
General Trias, Philippines
“Good Greek Food”
Reviewed 2 January 2013

We had a late lunch while looking at Lake Taal. This is not a fast food restaurant so if you are in hurry head down the road. This is our 2nd experience with Manos having dinned in his other restaurant a year ago. The atmosphere and view are definitly an improvement. The food of course needs no improvement, it is a great taste of Greece in the Philippines. The souvlaki, moussaka, pastisio, saganaki, etc are all great. If you leave Manos hungry it has to be your fault beause you did not eat eveerything on your plate. Hopefully your meal includes the french fries they are to die for.

• Visited December 2012
Manila, Philippines
“Greek lovers”
Reviewed 4 December 2012

Me and my hubby are a big fan of Greek/Mediterranean cuisine especially Gyros. We've been to Tagaytay many times already and we already tried the usual go-to-resto's there like RSM and Leslie's. And so, in our trip this December I researched for other restaurants that I think we'll enjoy. I crossed paths with Mano's Greek Taverna while I was researching and I instantly want to go there and try their shawarma. Since I read a lot of good reviews about their cuisine I had to make sure to try their other dish too.

We got so lost finding the place and we were quite exhausted when we had to go back and forth to the Tagaytay junction to Lourdes Church. We asked a policeman for directions when we got off the jeepney in Lourdes church and he said that we already passed the place. So we rode another jeepney going to Olivarez terminal since he said it was near that place. Only to find out that he gave us the wrong direction. Anyway, to cut the long and tiring story short we asked a tryc driver to just take us there.

Upon arriving to the place all our tiredness were washed out because of the awesome view from our table. The staff is accommodating and they informed us that the view down the hill is better. We ordered their lamb greek shawarma, grilled chicken and a spaghetti dish that I can't remember what its name was.

The shawarma was so delicious. They are very generous in serving size and it was so tasteeeey. However, I didn't liked the grilled chicken because it's so bland. And as for the spaghetti dish, well since I forgot what it was called means there's nothing special about the dish because it's bland as well. But in the menu it says that it includes parmesan cheese, fresh tomato sauce and red wine. I didn't taste any of those on the dish that we were served.

But we didn't regret choosing this restaurant because the Shawarma covered all the blandness of the other food we ordered. And the place itself was breathtaking so I think it's all worth it. Anyway, when we're on our way out we came across with the owner. He said they are going to open a new branch in MOA. Great news right?!

• Visited December 2012