“small but relaxing”

Ranked #11 of 26 Hotels in Tagaytay
Manila, Manila, Philippines
“small but relaxing”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

i just found this hotel thru tripadvisor and read the reviews, the reviews were definitely true. the room is not that big but cozy enough for my husband and I. The bathroom was clean and i like their rain shower. It is homey, not really the kind of luxurious hotels because it is not really a 5 star hotel but with the amount we paid online which was just P3,900 with a steak dinner and a plateful of salad and soup, a buffet breakfast and a massage for two, what steal I may say. It could be hard to locate this place if you don't have a private vehicle because you have to find it since it is not along the highway, not like other hotels, you can just see it along the road but if you want to get away from the honking horns along the highway and just have a quiet peaceful sleep, then you have to try this place. there is just one thing I noticed, when we were having dinner, my husband and i can't finish our steak and asked the waiter if we can bring it in our room, the waiter said that we can't which i do not understand because they do have room service. he was really insistent until we made him say yes to allow us to bring just a tinee winee saucer in our room for our left over steak. we do not want to just throw it away because it taste good to be fair with them and it was still one whole steak for heaven's sake and we paid for it. anyway, that is the only thing i disliked here, otherwise everything is A-ok. By the way, we checked in Sunday afternoon and checked out on a Monday, there were not so many guest during out stay. I will surely recommend this place.

Room Tip: no wifi in their rooms and even at their resto wifi is not that good
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Jinky Jon G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Montville, Connecticut
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Got a deal via Agoda.com. I thought for the price, and for 3 adults, it was a steal! The stay included accommodations good for 3 people: shabu shabu dinner, value breakfast and hour massages. We were excited to avail this.

Place was off the beaten path. We didn't mind this at all. It's like a rest house when you get there. Only security for the area was the gate and a solitary guard. We thought the guard was very nice and loved what he did. He was running all over the place, assisting people getting in and out of their parking.

Receptionists were friendly, they showed us the other available rooms when we requested for a bigger one.

The problem was with the housekeeping. They were clueless with the way bedsheets were supposed to be put on. The blanket was tucked under the fitted sheet. We realized this when we called for a blanket because the comforter was the only blanket available and it was not covered by a duvet, so who knows when it was last laundered. They argued that there should be a blanket, when we checked, they put the blanket on the bed first and then the fitted sheet. When we pointed that out, the girl named Michelle (?) said, "it's different for every hotel". I think bed sheets are pretty standard. I wished she just gave us a blanket without the fuss and without the curtness.

We had a long day and so when we were getting ready for dinner and our massages, we were going to use the shower. What shower? The faucet that allowed the water to be diverted to the shower was MIA. Called housekeeping. We ended up being late for dinner and for the massage, to which we got numerous phone reminders from the front desk for.

I was irate at that point. We had an infant with us and the housekeeper, friendly and apologetic as he was, did not clean up after himself. The only bath rug we had was now soiled, and the bathroom floor as well.

Cafe was kind enough to just bring up our shabu shabu to the room. Breakfast, like the other reviewers pointed out, were "value meals". One cup of rice, a few pieces of tocino/ pusit (our choices), a side of eggs and refillable coffee. I forget the name of the guy, but he was very accommodating (Allan?), even from the night before.

Massage was good. We did notice that they did not stick to the hour we were supposed to have, but I was choosing my battles at this point. Very tired to argue.

All in all, not sure that I'll choose this place again when we visit the Philippines, even with the seemingly good deal.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Aissanne
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Place is almost perfect... except that the guard is super rude and the breakfast is tipid meal type. But other than that... its a quaint place thats great for family and friends. Ample place for bonding and group tambayans. Not just all rooms.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Hanson C
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

I've been to Tagaytay for countless times and have reached the point that I go here for a much cooler weather and just to chill away from the hustle and bustle of the city.

Found this hotel accidentally and we've been patrons for a couple of years now.

This place made me realize that you can still relax and have peace and quiet even if you don't get to see the taal or have a stellar view. It's located way off the main road which adds up to the beauty of it.

Accommodation comes with a relaxing massage and breakfast. They have a pool that you can take a dip in, if you feel the need to do some laps.

I find the place very simple yet it offers a great deal of isolation from the stress that makes your stay more intimate and relaxing.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Dorothy Sue P
Dunedin, New Zealand
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed here last month.,....a bit far from the main road???but I like it here???staff was friendly! Me and my husband had a nice message in the evening....my son enjoy the swimming pool. Saturday morning they were short staff and Alan ( he was more like the reception guy in the breakfast room) he also serve our food clean the table ...he was limping ...but I must say he did a great job that morning .....with plenty of guest and only him serving and cleaning the table to me he did a very good job and many thanks to him for making the effort to please all the guest in the breakfast room.....I like the room....big and spacious,,,,nice big shower and clean bathroom....we base here but during the day we travel around tagaytay......

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank vic V
Mandaluyong, Philippines
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

we had a great experience during our stay here. the place is clean and relatively new. nice staff too...we"ll definitely come back! the location is also perfect, it may not be along the main roads of tagaytay but it's not so hard to find. it's great that there are a lot of restaurants and nice places around the area.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank adam c
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Late review -- I stayed here with my fiance last July 2013 after I got back from the US. We got a good promo at that time since it is a lean season I believe.. So our rates included a massage for two persons, hot pot dinner and set breakfast.

The hotel was quite difficult to locate since it is our first time to pass by the road leading to this place. I wish they got some larger street signs pointing to their location.

They also got a good hotel pool. At the time we stayed, there was less people since we stayed on a Sunday (it was raining too) and then come Monday (it was scorching hot) most have gone early.

It was a nice place to stay for overnight, but if you're staying for more than that, I suggest to find another hotel since this is way inaccessible if you don't want to dine in or have room service.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple