My friends and I just got back from an overnight in Tagaytay. We searched the Internet for affordable hotels/inns and stumbled upon Pura Vida Rooms & Villas. I didn't set any great expectation about the place as this isn't a 5 star hotel. Our goal is just to have a decent place to stay with an air conditioned room. Generally, I was happy with Pura Vida. This is my first time in this resort and these are what I have to say about it.
Booking was very easy. It was a last minute case for me and my friends and I'm very happy it went well. We called the cellphone number published on their website and the person who answered was very polite and courteous.
We were supposed to get the Cordoba (Family Room) but it was already reserved. Altea was the suggested room but when we got there, we were transferred to Baza as someone got the Altea also.
The room has one queen size and one single sized bed. By default, the room is good for 2 adults and 2 kids. Since we're four, we need to add P800 for two additional. P2,300 is still affordable.
Here are the good and opportunities of the place:
1. Good/cold airconditioning system
2. Phone in every room if you need anything from the front desk
3. Very courteous and professional staff.
4. Small veranda in every room
5. Free Wi-Fi connection
6. Cable service
7. Hot and cold shower
8. Very near to Mer-Ben Tapsilogan which offers good yet affordable Filipino food.
9. Has a pool
10. Offers a fantastic view from the function hall.
11. Offers 3 big villas that can accommodate a group of 10-15 person.
12. The place can be rented for an exclusive big gathering like company team building. It can accommodate 60 person in total.
1. A bit slow Wi-Fi
2. Fuzzy cable signal
3. Sauna was closed already. Staff said that it'll be renovated to accommodate a massage service.
4. Pillows are too thin (don't know if they charge for additional pillows - I forgot to ask)
5. Villas are a bit old and needs renovation.
6. Rooms are not sound proof. I can hear the murmurs from the adjacent room. Not too distracting but still can be heard.
7. Limited parking space.
Again, I didn't have my hopes set high that we'll get a red carpet treatment from this place; thus, the opportunities of the resort didn't bother me much. If you want to escape the city life without much frills and fancy, then Pura Vida is always ready to welcome you.