“Affordable and Descent Place to stay in Tagaytay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tagaytay
Pura Vida Rooms & Villas
Ranked #38 of 97 Tagaytay B&B and Inns
Philippines
“Affordable and Descent Place to stay in Tagaytay”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

The room rates are raging from Php1750- Php3500 and they also have Villas good for 10pax. The room is nice and clean, we got the 2nd floor Zaragosa Room that has a small balcony with free breakfast for 2 for a 20% discount since its a weekday and off peak season. The staff are nice and accommodating. My boyfriend prepared something for me that night, he had the manager and the staff set up the surprised, when we went back to our room I saw the bouquet of roses in the bed. Thanks for the effort:) The food was descent however I'd rather recommend that you eat out since there are a lot of restaurants near the hotel. It has a small pool, WiFi access, limited parking space and a massage service. If there are no functions in the rooftop you can go there and see the view of Tagaytay. Its a descent place to stay in Tagaytay if your looking for an affordable rate.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AprilleArmy

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 16 October 2013

This was our last stop after looking for a hotel that would fit our budget. We were looking for a room with a view, but our service said that we won't see it anyway if it gets dark. (He has a point. Hehe.) We first checked the room they offered us. They wanted to see if we were satisfied or not. We took it right away and they gave us 30% discount for our Baza room which is perfect for us because we have a kid. The room was cool, clean and comfortable. We had a nice sleep maybe because we are the only clients/customers in the area. ;)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Camille B
Taguig City, Philippines
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

My friends and I just got back from an overnight in Tagaytay. We searched the Internet for affordable hotels/inns and stumbled upon Pura Vida Rooms & Villas. I didn't set any great expectation about the place as this isn't a 5 star hotel. Our goal is just to have a decent place to stay with an air conditioned room. Generally, I was happy with Pura Vida. This is my first time in this resort and these are what I have to say about it.

Booking was very easy. It was a last minute case for me and my friends and I'm very happy it went well. We called the cellphone number published on their website and the person who answered was very polite and courteous.

We were supposed to get the Cordoba (Family Room) but it was already reserved. Altea was the suggested room but when we got there, we were transferred to Baza as someone got the Altea also.

The room has one queen size and one single sized bed. By default, the room is good for 2 adults and 2 kids. Since we're four, we need to add P800 for two additional. P2,300 is still affordable.

Here are the good and opportunities of the place:

The Good:
1. Good/cold airconditioning system
2. Phone in every room if you need anything from the front desk
3. Very courteous and professional staff.
4. Small veranda in every room
5. Free Wi-Fi connection
6. Cable service
7. Hot and cold shower
8. Very near to Mer-Ben Tapsilogan which offers good yet affordable Filipino food.
9. Has a pool
10. Offers a fantastic view from the function hall.
11. Offers 3 big villas that can accommodate a group of 10-15 person.
12. The place can be rented for an exclusive big gathering like company team building. It can accommodate 60 person in total.

Opportunities:
1. A bit slow Wi-Fi
2. Fuzzy cable signal
3. Sauna was closed already. Staff said that it'll be renovated to accommodate a massage service.
4. Pillows are too thin (don't know if they charge for additional pillows - I forgot to ask)
5. Villas are a bit old and needs renovation.
6. Rooms are not sound proof. I can hear the murmurs from the adjacent room. Not too distracting but still can be heard.
7. Limited parking space.

Again, I didn't have my hopes set high that we'll get a red carpet treatment from this place; thus, the opportunities of the resort didn't bother me much. If you want to escape the city life without much frills and fancy, then Pura Vida is always ready to welcome you.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends