“Short Visit”
Review of Taal Vista Hotel

Taal Vista Hotel
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Tagaytay
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Stay at the Taal Vista Hotel in Tagaytay for a couple of nights. The booking in process was quick and easy with the hotel reception staff being very friendly.

I did try and book a lake view room but was unsuccessful due to booking only five days beforehand, I would therefore recommend booking well in advance if you want a lake view room.
The big selling point of the hotel is obviously the view, it’s absolutely amazing and well worth the visit, the hotel does get a large number of day visitors so can get very busy.

I stayed in a Deluxe room located in the lake wing although no lake in view from the room only a small courtyard so natural light was limited, the lake wing is located some distance from reception so wouldn’t recommend for if you have trouble in walking. The room itself was clean and they appear to have made some effort in modernising, the shower was a disappointment, the unmovable shower head was clogged and let out one small stream of water which was barely enough to get you wet.

The pool was nice although a little walk from reception and with steps, the pool doesn’t have a bar or any means of purchasing refreshments which is a shame, you had to go back to the main lobby if you needed a drink.
The restaurant was very good with a wide selection both for dinner and breakfast.
All in all not a bed hotel but room for improvements.

Room Tip: If you like a flutter your right over the road from a casino.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Razer67
Write a ReviewReviews (1,186)

Reviewed 5 October 2013

We usually like going to tagaytay because of the cool weather. We were advise that SM advantage card holders can get bigger discount on this hotel so we did. And were so happy about that we got it 40% off. We ordered dinner which is so great I love the bulalo so tasty and so malambot.

The only thing that I didnt like is that the rest room need s to have a a little renovation. And the glass window in our room is not secured. The staff outside can see whats inside our room what if we need to change? tsk...

the next day we decided to take a dip in the pool which is in front of our room, then we went to the main building for the little like mercatto and enjoyed food and the scenery.

The staff is very friendly and very accomodating. The rest room in the main building is very clean.

The spa is so expensive that we decided to just go out and look for something worth.

Overall it was ok but can really improve.

Room Tip: choose the new building
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Once of the best ever Hotel I visited. Location of Hotel is fantastic and they have everything to make your stay unforgettable. Back side view, weather, Food, rooms and ambiance... everything was just unforgettable.

I must say worth visiting location for everyone.

Room Tip: Premier lake wing rooms are facing Volcano and taal lake offers the best view in the morning and eve...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank TechyHead
Reviewed 25 September 2013

The wind howled like super typhoon Milenyo outside but we felt well-buffered and safe inside our room on the top floor, so secure that we were able to finish reports then sleep soundly - assured of staying dry and warm. Away from lakeside, our room afforded a view of the highlands darkened green from the weekend's downpours, now and then veiled by fog. It was on the farthest end from the main lobby - good for our at-least-5000-steps daily regime. We took the diametrical path across the gardens or the long loop indoors depending on the weather.
Everything functioned well in the room except the TV. Front desk and housekeepers were courteous and promptly helpful. Breakfast and lunch offerings were tasty and abundant.

Room Tip: Check room location from hotel lay-out before booking - the place is sprawling. Make your choice mat...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank sonolucent
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We took the premiere lake wing view room. This room is with balcony and the view is the taal volcano. Room is big, clean and comfy.
*just had a problem with the bathroom. The sink of the bathtub is broken.

TIP: If you want to stay near the pool, get the mountain view room instead.

Service is perfect. Fast and very friendly staff.

Breakfast is good as well.

When we checked in, they have prepared flower petals and a cake with a message "happy wedding anniversary". It's so sweet. :)

The hotel is near mcdo, sky ranch and robinsons. We tried walking going to robinsons. It's a 15 minute walk. But you can ride a jeepney that costs 8 pesos.

Overall, had so much fun and enjoyed our 2 night stay at taal vista tagaytay :)

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Weh_adventures
Reviewed 20 September 2013

It was last week of August that my husband asked me if we can go out of town.. I've always wanted to go to Tagaytay but the trip really makes me exhausted.. Unexpectedly, mu hubby brought me there..Though trip was long but the journey was so worth it.. Upon arrival, a classic and comfortable ambiance met us there..
The new wing which we stayed in was fitted with modern amenities and had a balcony with a breath-taking view of Taal volcano and the lake.A very magnificent view indeed! The main restaurant is superb! There is even entertainment like local traditional dances- which you rarely see anymore. The view, the hotel and the staff gave us a grand taste of heaven! We will surely see you the soonest!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank misisrae o
Reviewed 17 September 2013

The location of the hotel and the views from SOME of the Premier Lakeview hotel rooms are breathtaking. The downside is you definitely pay for it! For a King-size Premier Lakeview room, it cost $175/night. This is pretty expensive considering the rooms are very basic and overall the hotel seems a bit dated and leaves a vacant feeling (not cozy or high-end at all) I would consider this a 3+ or 4 star, definitely not a 5 star.

My mother stayed in a Mountain room which has a view of the oudoor concrete courtyard. She still paid too much for this basic room at $141/night.

The other big issue I have is the best Premier Rooms are located on the 4th floor of the new Lakewing, which unfortunately happens to be a Smoking Floor. The highest non-smoking rooms are located on the 3rd floor but the King size rooms have blocked views due to the landscaping and trees situated directly in front of the balconies. This completely blocks your view of the Taal volcano. Why would anyone pay a premium rate with a balcony view to look at trees?

I expressed my dissatisfaction of my 3rd floor room to the hotel staff. Unfortunately, there wasn't anything they could do unless I opted for a smoking floor room. Because it was mid-day, the hotel was pretty empty, so we took the risk and moved to a 4th floor room, hoping no one would stay adjacent to us. The front desk staff were efficient and professional. The bellhops were great. The hotel is huge and the Lakewing is a good distance away from the lobby.

We just came to relax and enjoy some R&R. Unfortunately, we didn't get much peace and quiet because the landscaper was trimming the grass with an electric handheld mower/trimmer. It would have been acceptable for a short time, but he cut the grass for over 2+ hours, right outside the Lakewing Rooms, directly below our balcony. The fumes from the gas powered trimmer actually started to get to me and made me feel nauseous.

Wi-fi has a really bad connection. It always cuts out and you have to re-log into the hotel account/password.

Best part of our stay was the buffet breakfast. The variety of food was great and the service was impeccable.

Next time, I would just drive up in the morning to Tagaytay and visit Taal Vista Resort. I would enjoy their buffet and then take a stroll outside to to take in the stunning view of Taal. Then you don't have to worry about booking a room at an expensive price. Same stunning view for a fraction of the cost!

I wouldn't recommend this hotel to my friends/family. The value just isn't there. I'd recommend the restaurant and resort location for a day trip instead.

Room Tip: If you can afford the higher priced "Premier Lake View" Room, go ahead book it instead of...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple