“What a great experience!”
Review of Taal Vista Hotel

Taal Vista Hotel
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Tagaytay
Reviewed 22 April 2014

For any one desiring to experience the beauty of God's magnificent Creation, Taal Vista Hotel is the place to go when visiting the Philippines!

As the spot chosen to spend our recent honeymoon, we chose one of the lakeside premier rooms. Wow...was it spacious! Each lake side room has a balcony that provides a beautiful view of the Taal Lake Volcano. Goodness, the view is so spectacular, it almost gives the shivers of what if the volcano erupts while there.

There is a variety of tours that can be purchased at local venders to either have boat rides on the lake and packages that include hikes to the top of the volcano cone. Time did not allow us to take advantage of these. Additionally, the hotel sits adjacent to a small amusement park that has a huge Ferris wheel.

The Hotel is loaded with amenities. 24 hour massages are available with varying price ranges and disciplines. It was unknown if it was standard practice or a part of the room purchase, there was an enormous free breakfast buffet that included custom prepared omelets, variety of breakfast meats including fresh ham and bacon, fruits, traditional Filippino items and other international flavors.

For those readers who have been to the Philippines, you will understand the traffic there. Taal Vista Hotel is approximately 2-2.5 hours south of Manila. Getting out of Manila can be a challenge. Once on the expressway, travel is ok. As travelers get closer too the Hotel, traffic will become congested again as it is only a two lane road leading into the Tagaytay City vicinity with many other attractions there not related to the Hotel.

This location is not just for honeymooners! There is something to do at Taal Vista Hotel for all ages and for all interest types. You gotta visit this place!

Room Tip: Lake front rooms all have a balcony that give an excellent view of the volcano.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Stayed over the weekend with my family - 2 elderly parents, my 2 sisters, bro-in-law, and 3 children. Occupied 3 rooms in the new wing. Rooms were decent size and comfort level, would recommend that guests opt for rooms there. Getting to the new wing rooms was quite a hike from the view deck but the old wing was even more so (you had to go out of the building). The pool was small but the kids enjoyed it nonetheless. As always, the view deck was a great place to chill out and take photos. Breakfast was ok (pretty much your average hotel breakfast buffet) but I much appreciated the very eager to please staff. For example, I had commented that the coffee was quite weak and immediately was brought a fresh cup.

The major fail in this overnight was the front desk. We arrived to check in at 2PM and the lobby was utter chaos. There were quite a few families with young children checking in and because the process was so slow, it was like waiting in a marketplace. The day we were due to check out, I went to the front desk at aroung 8AM to ask if late check out was possible. I was told that check out up to 2PM was possible so I gave our room numbers, front desk typed it in, and was told that late check out for us was confirmed. However, we changed our mind to give the kids more time at Sky Ranch so my bro-in-law went down to see to check out at 11AM. Apparently, the late check-out was not found in the system. Fine. We called down for porters for our bags at 11AM. We followed up once. By 12:30PM still no porter and we were just wasting time waiting so we just had to find a way to manage all the bags plus 3 children and 2 elderly parents to our cars.

Room Tip: New wing. New wing. New wing.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jaymiedivine
Reviewed 14 April 2014

stayed here early this year but was sorely disappointed. unlike our previous stays, we used to have good views of the lake and well appointed rooms. rooms are now quite dated. the new wing is quite good but rooms are really small. our room faced the other building (dark and dingy), kinda scary even. we had to walk far to get to the pool and the dining area. this is however much better than the room we first had on the same stay which had a garden view, but was really moldy smelly and dark. oh, did i mention the breakfast? forgettable. won't go back anymore.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jeyni13
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Room Tip: Lake side rooms offer the most majestic view of the area.
3  Thank Charles C
Reviewed 13 April 2014

My family would always drop by here for coffee and snacks everytime we go to tagaytay.This holy week, I was planning to check in with my family. I called the front desk and was rerouted to reservations department.
I then asked the guy on the other line for any available room for 5 adults. I also asked if I can rent the deluxe room(maximum of 2 adults) which is around 7k and just pay extra for 3 more adults so we can jusy utilize one room. He said that it's not possible and I should book 2 separate rooms. He said that they dont have extra person rates. I ended the call and googled for any reviews for extra person charge in taal vista hotel and i saw some which costs around 1000+. This time, I called the front desk and reported the guy from the reservation and
I told the girl from the front desk that I saw the extra person rate so it is possible. I then asked her if I can avail the deluxe room or superior room whi h jusy costs around 7k plus and just add 3 extra person but she said it cannot be and she suggests that I take the room which costs 12k+.
How is it not possible for me to rent just the 7k+ room when I searched for pictures and reviews online with more than 5 adults in a room but they are just in a deluxe/superior room.

I am so disapponted that they want their clients to spend more instead of being honest and suggesting ehat is really correct. I wont recommend checking in here if you are a big group.

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank garet11
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Stayed here last March 2014 for 1 night for a quick weekend getaway.

Just to summarize the good and bad points of this Hotel based on my experience:

Pros:
Location - near to Casino, Sky Ranch and lots of restaurants!
Offers the most awesome view of Taal Volcano from our balcony.
Old but well maintained.
Can be classified as a Heritage Hotel due to it's rich history.
Room and toilet is very spacious.
King bed is comfortable to sleep with.
Equipped with 32 inches LCD Tv.

Cons:
Wifi connection was unreliable - I get disconnected all the time.
Breakfast is limited and not tasty.

Overall, we had a pleasant stay in this Hotel! We will definitely come back again!

Room Tip: Get the deluxe room at the highest floor and facing Taal Volcano!
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

(+)
Location is prime! One of the few hotels in the area with a great view of the volcano and lake.

Staff are attentive and polite.

Rooms are on the big side and are well-kept.

(-)
Elevator. There is only one and it's the tiniest I've ever seen. The most it can accommodate is 4 average sized people! Forget sharing the lift with other people if you have luggage with you.

Food. For a hotel located in Cavite, I feel sad that the food served is blah. The area has one of the sweetest pineapples in the country but the ones they serve for breakfast are totally tasteless! Like eating paper! Another specialty in Cavite is coffee so I'm appalled they served bland tasting brews. Kapeng barako is dark and bold. The brew served is diluted dark liquid.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple