“It's Ok”
Review of Taal Vista Hotel

Taal Vista Hotel
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Tagaytay
Reviewed 29 April 2014

It's a great place with a view plus a price tag. We enjoyed our stay but I wish I had a better room for the view. We have upgraded hoping its better on what we paid online but its nothing special to what was given to us. They have great buffet breakfast and enjoyed our meal outside area with the Taal view. It was cold but a nice break from humidity. We didn't get to enjoy their pool as we only stayed overnight after our day hike to Taal Volcano - must visit this place!!! We enjoyed our horse ride to the taal mountain...love it! Just bring plenty of pesos if you decide to hike up the volcano, horse ride is P450 plus guide P50 plus gloves plus mask plus assistance P500 plus photos plus plus plus...I can't remember what else I paid but overall we had great fun and sure will come again.

Room Tip: We were on lake view with extra charged. I wouldn't pay extra.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,188)

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Our family celebrated the 85th birthday of my father in law here in one the busiest weekend of the year (Easter Weekend). We were anticipating that the place will be chaotic given the high influx of local tourist. The hotel was fully booked but we didn;t feel that we were inconvenienced at any point by the big crowd. They had mass on Easter Sunday celebrated no less than the Bishop of Tagaytay himself. We were appreciative of the accommodations provided us by the staff (from the reservation to the front desk, from the restaurant staff to the concierge). They were very efficient and accommodating and really made sure that our two night stay there were comfortable, convenient and pleasant, most especially to our old folks.

The buffet food assortment for their breakfast and lunch were deliciously varied.
Surrounded by attentive staff, we can't help feeling at home and being pampered.

The rooms where we were assigned to (the old wing) was clean and comfortable.
Although, their rooms entail a lot of walking from one end to another, but otherwise, it was manageable.

While the rest of the weekend crowd were battling themselves with the usual heavy traffic outside, it comforts us to know that we manage to have a great and memorable time in the comforts of the hotel.

Room Tip: If you want peace and quiet, avoid the rooms near the swimming pool. You will surely be awakened by...
1  Thank levyrox
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I really enjoyed my stay there. I went to a family reunion and it was pleasant and coming from the midwest in the US relaxation is everything to me. The view was great the staff was great, the spa was great room service was great and even the food was great. :) The pool was great too.

Room Tip: My room was next to a really pretty mountain view site.
1  Thank poshbaby24
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here last March to attend the nuptials of our friend. Upon reservation I talked to ms. Jemessie. I think she was from the sales reservation. Very smooth tramsaction. Though at first I'm trying to call the hotel directly and they always keep me on hold for long time.

When we arrived the room is ready. Check in was fast and nothing to worry about.

The room is quite big and the thing is I pre arrange for an extra person then the set up in the room os for twin sharing only. I need to ask them for the extra amenities that I paid.

The view in our room is fantastic. By the way we booked a standard room facing the lake.(so you can see the lake and the volcano) the room also has a balcony.

The front desk seems to lack on accessories(like iphone charger)

And the restaurant don't provide official manual reciept which kind pf wonder to me.

Location is good. Just next to sky ranch.

Overall stay is good and we will be back again for sure!

Thank you and God bless.

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 22 April 2014

For any one desiring to experience the beauty of God's magnificent Creation, Taal Vista Hotel is the place to go when visiting the Philippines!

As the spot chosen to spend our recent honeymoon, we chose one of the lakeside premier rooms. Wow...was it spacious! Each lake side room has a balcony that provides a beautiful view of the Taal Lake Volcano. Goodness, the view is so spectacular, it almost gives the shivers of what if the volcano erupts while there.

There is a variety of tours that can be purchased at local venders to either have boat rides on the lake and packages that include hikes to the top of the volcano cone. Time did not allow us to take advantage of these. Additionally, the hotel sits adjacent to a small amusement park that has a huge Ferris wheel.

The Hotel is loaded with amenities. 24 hour massages are available with varying price ranges and disciplines. It was unknown if it was standard practice or a part of the room purchase, there was an enormous free breakfast buffet that included custom prepared omelets, variety of breakfast meats including fresh ham and bacon, fruits, traditional Filippino items and other international flavors.

For those readers who have been to the Philippines, you will understand the traffic there. Taal Vista Hotel is approximately 2-2.5 hours south of Manila. Getting out of Manila can be a challenge. Once on the expressway, travel is ok. As travelers get closer too the Hotel, traffic will become congested again as it is only a two lane road leading into the Tagaytay City vicinity with many other attractions there not related to the Hotel.

This location is not just for honeymooners! There is something to do at Taal Vista Hotel for all ages and for all interest types. You gotta visit this place!

Room Tip: Lake front rooms all have a balcony that give an excellent view of the volcano.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Stayed over the weekend with my family - 2 elderly parents, my 2 sisters, bro-in-law, and 3 children. Occupied 3 rooms in the new wing. Rooms were decent size and comfort level, would recommend that guests opt for rooms there. Getting to the new wing rooms was quite a hike from the view deck but the old wing was even more so (you had to go out of the building). The pool was small but the kids enjoyed it nonetheless. As always, the view deck was a great place to chill out and take photos. Breakfast was ok (pretty much your average hotel breakfast buffet) but I much appreciated the very eager to please staff. For example, I had commented that the coffee was quite weak and immediately was brought a fresh cup.

The major fail in this overnight was the front desk. We arrived to check in at 2PM and the lobby was utter chaos. There were quite a few families with young children checking in and because the process was so slow, it was like waiting in a marketplace. The day we were due to check out, I went to the front desk at aroung 8AM to ask if late check out was possible. I was told that check out up to 2PM was possible so I gave our room numbers, front desk typed it in, and was told that late check out for us was confirmed. However, we changed our mind to give the kids more time at Sky Ranch so my bro-in-law went down to see to check out at 11AM. Apparently, the late check-out was not found in the system. Fine. We called down for porters for our bags at 11AM. We followed up once. By 12:30PM still no porter and we were just wasting time waiting so we just had to find a way to manage all the bags plus 3 children and 2 elderly parents to our cars.

Room Tip: New wing. New wing. New wing.
1  Thank jaymiedivine
Reviewed 14 April 2014

stayed here early this year but was sorely disappointed. unlike our previous stays, we used to have good views of the lake and well appointed rooms. rooms are now quite dated. the new wing is quite good but rooms are really small. our room faced the other building (dark and dingy), kinda scary even. we had to walk far to get to the pool and the dining area. this is however much better than the room we first had on the same stay which had a garden view, but was really moldy smelly and dark. oh, did i mention the breakfast? forgettable. won't go back anymore.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family