“Skeptical to come back”
Review of Taal Vista Hotel

Taal Vista Hotel
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Tagaytay
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

The scenery of Taal is so remarkable, the breeze of the wind is not as humid compared in Manila.
The hotel needs a lot of improvement our room have stain in the duvet when we just got in the room. Wifi is impossible to connect. Matter was relayed to Front office staff fortunately they upgrade us to Premiere room but only to find out more defects on the room will take place. In the premiere room, few minutes after we just moved the minibar ref is leaking,telephone line is inoperative and unlikely the wifi is again so poor.
I just hope before moving your guest to another room you must at least check and see to it all are in good condition and must be working properly.
I sent a comment note to their GM but until now no actions heard on their end. I guess the message that i sent was not receive by the actual recipient or it was just totally ignored. Not the place to recommend ;(

• Stayed: April 2014
Write a ReviewReviews (1,203)

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Check in was delayed for about 45mins. Room welcome message was for another person. Room was normal. Breakfast buffet had an omelette station . Staff in the hotel restaurant lacks training in handling customers. View is spectacular. A little disappointed with our hotel experience.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel very long time ago, thinking on the place the view and the comments of the people who already stayed there. The price is a bit high but honestly the place deserve it, the costumer service was good, the location and the view couldn't be better and the food was ok. We all enjoyed the weather coz wasn't that hot and we get to see a wedding celebration on the backyard of the hotel, everything pretty nice, I think next time we will do it again!!!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Robbiecuba
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Husband and I stayed here last weekend.

The staff were all nice but not necessarily pleasant. We booked a Deluxe King Room on the Lake Wing side. The room was nice although the housekeeping left some welcome note for Ms. Ann Go whom I don't know. Noises from the adjacent rooms can be heard including from the aisle.

Come the following day for the buffet breakfast. It was not at all at par with a 4-star hotel. Very few and bland choices of food. Teaspoons to stir your coffee are still to be asked from the staff who were all busy, so by the time I was provided my teaspoon, coffee was already cold. Husband was not given a teaspoon for his coffee because he didn't ask, huh?!?

The only thing we enjoyed during our ovenight stay was the view of Taal Volcano, which incidentally is definitely not Taal Vista Hotel at all. Taal Vista Hotel only happens to be at a very good strategic location, but overall, not worth a second try.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank desolate_tigress
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Been here in two consecutive weekends and I always find the facade and the layout of the hotel great. I like the spaciousness of our rooms and most of all I loved the view! Good for recharging your batteries. There is a vast improvement in the hotel over the years and I get to see and experience it through the numerous time we have stayed. And I must admit it gets better. However, it seems that in terms of " lost and found" they don't know the meaning of the latter. On two separate occasions, we forgot and accidentally left something in the pool and in our room. Only to be labelled as "lost " . I kinda understand not finding the one lost in the pool shower room, but the one in the room left in the safe immediately after check out? I must say, one should really "never accidentally " forget things in this place...irregardless of the value

Room Tip: Get the ones with the view of the lake!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Stayed here for a night with my bosses for our annual strategic planning, staffs are very courteous and charming! I commend their flexibility for their guest, just when we required some equipments to facilitate our almost sleepless stay. Food is great at their resto, we were entertained by their fab dancers, performing different Philippine dances. I enjoyed my stay here eventhough we've been brainstorming the whole night till day. The atmosphere really helped me going. The hotel has a great vantage point of Taal Volcano, which is also a great deal. The bed is good and comfy, though I suggest that they'll make some renovations soon. I'll definitely stay here again in a sake of relaxing ;)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank MyGillian
Reviewed 29 April 2014

It's a great place with a view plus a price tag. We enjoyed our stay but I wish I had a better room for the view. We have upgraded hoping its better on what we paid online but its nothing special to what was given to us. They have great buffet breakfast and enjoyed our meal outside area with the Taal view. It was cold but a nice break from humidity. We didn't get to enjoy their pool as we only stayed overnight after our day hike to Taal Volcano - must visit this place!!! We enjoyed our horse ride to the taal mountain...love it! Just bring plenty of pesos if you decide to hike up the volcano, horse ride is P450 plus guide P50 plus gloves plus mask plus assistance P500 plus photos plus plus plus...I can't remember what else I paid but overall we had great fun and sure will come again.

Room Tip: We were on lake view with extra charged. I wouldn't pay extra.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family