Taal Vista Hotel
US$86
One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites(Tagaytay)(Great Value!)
US$130
8 Suites(Tagaytay)
US$149
US$133
  • Breakfast included
View Park Hotel(Tagaytay)(Great Value!)
US$50
US$84
Hotel Dominique(Tagaytay)
US$69
1,257 results
All reviewslake wingcafe verandanew wingbreakfast buffetsm advantage cardgreat viewpremier roomamusement parkduty managerview decktagaytay citybooked roomschecking inlobby areahot chocolatevisit tagaytaysized bed
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The hotel is nicely located on the rim of the Taal Vulcano and offers breathtaking views. I have only these complaints:

- when we were there there was never enough waiters in the dining area, you had to shout and make gestures to get the attention of the few attendees
- also our orders got mixed up and delayed, should not happen in such a hotel
- you are not allowed to play cards in that hotel :-( (for what reason? We did not plan to play for money ...)
- we booked rooms and when only when checking in we were told that these were rooms WITHOUT VIEW", wow, I especially booked this hotels for the advertised views and then I get these second class rooms (the hotel was almost empty), no mentioning of this fact when I was booking and worse they did not even offer me to change for a better room (I would have paid the difference)
- the pool closes at 6pm sharp, first time in the Phils I experience such a harsh regime ...

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with view of the vulcano!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank martinmm19
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Looking for a weekend getaway from Manila with the family. Tagaytay is the best option to cool down and Taal Vista is probably the best hotel for family. Pros: beside Sky ranch (ideal for kids) and mushroom burger and in front the of Casino (for the parents). If still feeling warm, enjoy the pool or just roam around the premises and enjoy the Taal lake and volcano view. I was able to get the de luxe room and it is really spacious. Cons: just one, bathroom. Though spacious, there is no door to separate from the room though shower area and toilet area both have separate frosted glass doors.
Over-all, highly recommended. Make sure to get the room with breakfast buffet. And have a great short getaway.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank tripin_travel
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I came in as walk-in client of the hotel since I was not able to reserve with the group I was in. Since I presented my SM Advantage card, they gave me a huge discount of my room- from P7,000++ to P4,100 for a deluxe room, overnight stay.

I was not able to fully avail of their services since I was out most of the time to experience the food of Cavite.

The hotel is massive and the staff don't seem to know what to do with a group checking in. Nobody showed us our rooms. I have to go to another building to look for my room only to find out it was on the other side. Maybe I was too fat for the staff they have to let me do some exercise in finding my room. And I think, the hotel is a bit old. In fact, they will be celebrating their 75th years of being a hotel. So, the rooms were also old, as expected. There was that mildewy smell, although they were clean. BUT! My group companion was not lucky enough. She has crawling bedbugs in her bed and has to ask for another room.

The breakfast (included in the room) spread was amazing. The only minus thing was they were using powdered juice for the drinks.

Over-all, Taal Vista is a nice hotel worth the second chance.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms are quiet in June, maybe less occupants? Better bring some windbreakers since the place cools down at night. Fog envelopes the hotel at night and early mornings. Present your SM Advantage Card to avail of discounts.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The hotel has a platform to view Taal Volcano and walking distance to Tagaytay Sky Ranch. The platform is a bit dated but still ok. Parking was a bit difficult there were many guests and the room given to us had a lot of passerby. The lounge is good place to relax and listen to good music.
The hotel is still good despite it's age. I would come back to stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My fiance' and I stayed here for 3 nights and couldn't have been happier with our choice! The staff is amazing, the views are spectacular and the location is just close enough to all the action! The live music is a nice touch and the hotel grounds (inside and out) is kept in immaculate order!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple