“Part II”
Review of Taal Vista Hotel

Taal Vista Hotel
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Tagaytay
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed here for the second time September of 2013 for a training. Once again it never failed to satisfy me. Everything was just great from the accommodation to the dining experience. The view from the room was obscured, though, by fog since there was a storm during that time but it was still a great experience nonetheless. Two thumbs up!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank chumadle

Reviewed 21 June 2014

As soon as you drive into the hotel compound, you get the feeling that this is a good place to stay. The place is very clean and looking at the hotel from the parking lot, it's postcard-perfect. And when you enter the hotel, you'll know that the management worked hard on making the place look really nice. Of course, they have one of the best views of Taal volcano.

The staff is very well-trained, checking-in took no more than 3 minutes. The rooms are very nice and spacious, cable TV is via satellite and free WiFi is available everywhere in the hotel. We just have some comments about the design of the toilet and bath but we can live with it.

Parking is ample and the hotel jacked up the parking fee to discourage non-guests from using it as a parking lot. Guests park for free.

The swimming pool is very nice and depending on which wing you are staying, it's either very near or very far from you. They have several large function rooms and regularly have weekend events for the guests. If you are fond of flowers, they have different kinds of trees and flowers all over the place - makes your morning walk extra refreshing.

They have a display of old photographs of the hotel and it's educational and entertaining to watch the audio-visual presentation in one of the lobbies.

This is an impressive hotel that's worth the price.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a prior reservation on weekends - the hotel caters to corporate events and you do...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We had magnificent views of the Taal volcano from all our rooms. Indeed this was a welcome sight from long days - we had 3 days of meetings there. Discounting the euphoria that it was my first time in the Philippines and smack in the "Pacific Ring of Fire", the Taal Vista is probably the best hotel in Tagaytay. Great for families too with the sky ranch playground for kids next door. Food and service is good. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Filipinos are very warm and effervescent and they also speak good english, which made our stay very pleasant! One drawback is that there is only one restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Tables are rearranged and settings changed for each meal of the day so that we may not notice that we are still in the same restaurant.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms that face the Taal volcano and tranquil garden. I stayed in 374 - 378 (even numbe...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Everytime we go to tagaytay we always stay at the hotel. Conveniently located, friendly staff, nice food. But be sure to book on the new wings since the old wings need to be refurbished like old sinks, etc. Breakfast is not comfortable though because latecomers are made to sit at the other side of the room so it is quite troublesome to get food. But the waiters are nice so they can get them for you.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The hotel is nicely located on the rim of the Taal Vulcano and offers breathtaking views. I have only these complaints:

- when we were there there was never enough waiters in the dining area, you had to shout and make gestures to get the attention of the few attendees
- also our orders got mixed up and delayed, should not happen in such a hotel
- you are not allowed to play cards in that hotel :-( (for what reason? We did not plan to play for money ...)
- we booked rooms and when only when checking in we were told that these were rooms WITHOUT VIEW", wow, I especially booked this hotels for the advertised views and then I get these second class rooms (the hotel was almost empty), no mentioning of this fact when I was booking and worse they did not even offer me to change for a better room (I would have paid the difference)
- the pool closes at 6pm sharp, first time in the Phils I experience such a harsh regime ...

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with view of the vulcano!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank martinmm19
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Looking for a weekend getaway from Manila with the family. Tagaytay is the best option to cool down and Taal Vista is probably the best hotel for family. Pros: beside Sky ranch (ideal for kids) and mushroom burger and in front the of Casino (for the parents). If still feeling warm, enjoy the pool or just roam around the premises and enjoy the Taal lake and volcano view. I was able to get the de luxe room and it is really spacious. Cons: just one, bathroom. Though spacious, there is no door to separate from the room though shower area and toilet area both have separate frosted glass doors.
Over-all, highly recommended. Make sure to get the room with breakfast buffet. And have a great short getaway.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank tripin_travel
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I came in as walk-in client of the hotel since I was not able to reserve with the group I was in. Since I presented my SM Advantage card, they gave me a huge discount of my room- from P7,000++ to P4,100 for a deluxe room, overnight stay.

I was not able to fully avail of their services since I was out most of the time to experience the food of Cavite.

The hotel is massive and the staff don't seem to know what to do with a group checking in. Nobody showed us our rooms. I have to go to another building to look for my room only to find out it was on the other side. Maybe I was too fat for the staff they have to let me do some exercise in finding my room. And I think, the hotel is a bit old. In fact, they will be celebrating their 75th years of being a hotel. So, the rooms were also old, as expected. There was that mildewy smell, although they were clean. BUT! My group companion was not lucky enough. She has crawling bedbugs in her bed and has to ask for another room.

The breakfast (included in the room) spread was amazing. The only minus thing was they were using powdered juice for the drinks.

Over-all, Taal Vista is a nice hotel worth the second chance.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms are quiet in June, maybe less occupants? Better bring some windbreakers since the...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends