My officemates and I had our strat plan in Pina Colina resort. The booking/reservation was taken cared off by one of my peers thus I wouldn't be able to comment how it goes (I'm sorry for that).
Getting to the place is a breeze as it is very easy to find in Tagaytay. About an hour (at most) from Manila, one can unwind and escape from the busy city life.
As I've always done, I'd be listing the pro's and con's of the place:
1. Good air condition system in the rooms
2. Comfy bed
3. Courteous and polite staff
4. Log cabin offers complete basic house appliances - living area, 3 bedrooms, kitchen with refrigerator, cookware, stove etc.
5. Hot and cold shower
6. Offers different units/rooms depending on the number of occupants
7. Function hall for big groups/conference
8. WiFi connectivity on some area
9. Affordable rates
10. Guests are allowed to bring food (corkage-free). This is really advisable especially for big groups/families. BBQ can be cooked in the comfort of your patio as each big-unit is equipped with BBQ grill.
Opportunities of the place:
1. Very small pool
2. Not much to do in the place (website is saying that a game room is under way)
3. Jacuzzi is a bit pricey (Php1800 for one hour that can accommodate 10 person)
4. A bit of a challenge if you'll bring a car as the place is uphill
The place in general is much suited for bonding moments be it a big group, family or couple. As the place offers not much recreational stuff, it will force you to stay in your unit - cook, snuggle in bed, watch TV, chat with your friends or loved ones and just enjoy the moment and the place itself. Quiet surrounding, lush greenery....One can indeed feel home away from home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- PINA COLINA is a Spanish phrase that translates to "Pineapple Hill". This new Tagaytay hideaway, located atop a hill with lush pineapple plantations, offers affordable accommodation ideal for family vacations, barkada gatherings and company outings. ... more less