“a thrill up in the mountains”
Review of Sky Ranch

Sky Ranch
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Tagaytay
Valenzuela, Philippines
196 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 179 helpful votes
“a thrill up in the mountains”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I have only been to a few amusement rides (SG and MOA). This is by the SM company. Entrance is 50 pesos and each attraction has its own fee.

I do recommend the Sky Eye. Though it will last only one rotation (about 8minutes), you can get a most spectacular (and tall) view of the Taal Volcano (that is if you're not satisfied with what you can see on the viewing decks).

The other ride we tried was the Super Vikings. It's my first time to experience this kind of ride. I must say the almost 90 degree swing of the 'boat' has left my heart (and other internal organs) in the air. A must try for the brave (but not for the weak-hearted).

We never got to try the zipline (quite a bit pricey). But it is quite a long slide.

There are still other attractions in development. I'd definitely go back to see the improvements.

There are food establishments around so after the rides, you can grab a bite.

• Arabic first
Manila
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Best for kids”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Only ride we took was the large Ferris wheel. Got good pictures, was surprised the cab was aircon.....10 minute ride was enough to get the pictures of the area from a high vantage point. We went on a Monday morning so no lines for sure. Price for the ride was steep but given it's the only type of ride in the area, just grin and bear it....plus of course the entrance fee to boot......again this is best for kids.

1 Thank jrmm
Manila, Philippines
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Good for young children”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

My 6 year old loved The Express Train. Not that many attractions but the young kids will surely enjoy the few rides inside. I paid P80 as entrance fee so I knew not to expect anything remotely resembling the attractions in EK but paying for each ride and then getting in line for the long queue for each ride could really get into you! The only thing that kept my sanity was the smile on my son's face. He particularly loved it when he posed with the soldier mime!

If it weren't for my son, not really worth spending time here except probably to eat.

1 Thank Mugoblazter
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“A tourist trap”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

As someone who hasn't been in the Philippines for a long time, I always seek new places to visit and explore. Sky Ranch was suggested by my brother and after checking out the website, I thought it could be fun.

How disappointed I was. Like what some reviews here said, it was a complete rip off. I don't mind paying entrance fee, but to make me pay entrance when there is nothing to see there except some substandard carnival rides - which you need to PAY FOR in order to ride - and a view that we can access anywhere else is a complete waste of my money. It's a tourist trap plain and simple. The least the management could have done is increase the entrance fee and have the patrons unlimited access to the rides (except for the horses and the zipline). Also, another one of their money making schemes is you need to eat in any of the restaurants there and have it validated to waive the parking fee. Will definitely not recommend it to friends abroad.

Philippines
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Nice place to visit”
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Great place to go with kids. But they should have only one fee to pay covering all the rides inside. Good to visit at night as it is cold but also good at day to see the surroundings when in the observation wheel.