All reviews naga city drug store infinity pool star hotel superb service breakfast buffet f b the hotel staff cafe plazuela an umbrella special thanks excellent experience making us feel the general manager welcome drink shuttle service small city
Reviewed 13 September 2017

My experience was very remarkable. Nothing beats the VIP service and all out Bicolano hospitality that they always give us from the beginning to end. And to their Big Boss for being very accommodating and for making us feel so special on our visit. Kudos!

We booked for five (5) rooms one night only and arranged a Bicolano buffet lunch upon arrival. The food is perfect art of famous Bicol Cuisine - Laing, Seafoods, Bicol Express, Na

Hotel is located very near strategic historical landmark - the Fluvial Parade area, the Old Penafrancia Church and the Basilica Minore - Our Lady of Penafrancia. Perfect home for pilgrims and business or leisure trips.

Thank you!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

The superb service of the staff from check-in to check-out, the hotel's convenient location and the reasonable rates explain why I choose this hotel for my participation in the City's renowned yearly religious festivity. Airport transfer is also provided. Amenities are modest but the room is comfortable.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 September 2017

When was the last time you received a superb hotel experience in the 7,107 islands of the Philippines? I just did, at The Avenue Plaza Hotel in Naga this week.

Officially, I didn't book my reservation in the hotel and didn't know that I have a shuttle service to the hotel from the airport. So, as I was trying to haggle with some taxi drivers in the airport, the hotel personnel was waking up to all guests exiting the airport and showed the list of guests he will welcome in the airport. I was pleasantly surprised that my name was there and had a very smooth and comfortable ride to the hotel.

It was my first time (ever) in Naga and made it known in social media. A friend mentioned that I should look up for the hotel owner Gwendolyn Lim Cu as she could be one of the nicest people I would meet. But as soon as I arrive, the hotel personnel welcomed us with big smiles, all are very courteous in welcoming all guests arriving, and very much willing to assist you with anything you might possibly need. Be it taking the door for you, offering a refreshing drink and helping you with your luggage. Initially I thought, it is common for hotel staff to assist any guest with their belongings, but it became a daily routine for them. As I go to our office in the morning, the moment a staff sees that I am stepping out of my room, and walking to the elevator, they have offered to bring my stuff for my convenience. Same thing every evening when I go back to the hotel after work.

The owner Ms Gwen reached out to me via social media and has welcomed me personally to their hotel. She is indeed a very nice lady. And assured me that should I need anything, I can personally approach her.

Since it was my first time in Naga, I had to ask hotel staff for directions to get to the places I had to go, including our office. The manager then had asked me to wait as he checked if the hotel service can drive me to our office. And when it was not possible, they arranged for a cab to drive me to the office and the driver refused to take my payment as he was advised by the manager that my fare will be settled by the hotel. Wow! Imagine my amazement when I was able to get to my destination safe, comfortable and ultimately free of charge.

Everyday at breakfast, all staff greeted me with their warmth and would ask for anything they could do for me that day. This truly made me feel so special. Even the guards came for my assistance when I had to ask help to get a ride to hear mass early morning. When we were not successfully, they patiently gave me directions on how to get to the church and even gave me umbrella to use.

And it didn't end there, when I had requested for a shuttle back to airport upon check out, I requested if an office mate can come with me, as we are both coming from the office straight to the airport (he came in later and stayed in a different hotel by the way). And to my surprise they agreed to this request and didn't charge us extra considering he is not a guest of the hotel. Amazing, right?

I am dead set to come back to Naga very soon and this time with my entire family and will definitely stay again at The Avenue Plaza Hotel. Not only was the location perfect for any traveler (the hotel has nearby drug store, restaurants, and other shops, in case you forget any important personal item, which I did, and was very thankful that the access to my maintenance meds is just a few steps away) but the genuine feeling that everyone in the hotel from the owner, to the managers, to the staff including the guards will try to make you feel extra special. And in my almost two decades of doing work travel, this is the first time I've had this kind of customer experience. And with because of this, my recent travel to Naga and stay at The Avenue Plaza will be tagged as my best local experience to date!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Clean and comfortable hotel. Incredible staff ! Room was very nice with excellent air conditioning. Great pool.

Thanks to Mr. Jerome Fernandez for all of his assistance in coordinating 2 dinner parties for us. He's a true professional and an asset to the hotel

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2017

I stayed in this hotel recently on business. There's free airport transfer service, welcome drinks at hotel lobby, fresh cold towel upon check-in (wow!), and generous fruit platter served in your room upon request (wow!) The room's ambience, cleanliness, bed quality, and amenities are way beyond satisfactory. Love the buffet breakfast too - the selection is not overwhelming but the food quality and taste are superb.

The service is excellent - very responsive, efficient, and personal, even better than many five star hotels. They didn't charge me for the car service I requested going to my business appointment in downtown Naga. I asked where I can buy the delicious dried fish they served during breakfast and the Restaurant Outlet Manager Erick Bandoquillo eagerly volunteered to buy it for me from downtown market.

They packed all my native Bicol pasalubong items in a box for check-in at the airport and they packed it so well - tightly and neatly with my computer-printed name on it (wow!). Every employee you encounter esp. the Rooms Division Manager Dennis Serrano will greet you, offer their help, confirm your satisfaction, and chat with you without being obtrusive. And yes, they always use your name as they call you/ speak to you in person.

It appears to me that the management and staff really take their guests and their job to heart. Many hotels are forgettable. The Avenue Plaza Hotel in Naga is remarkable.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business