“Exceptionally good hotel at the price”

Mallberry Suites Business Hotel
Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Cagayan de Oro
Quezon City, Philippines
“Exceptionally good hotel at the price”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Mallberry is as good as any four star hotel i have stayed in. I mean, bath tub, nice shampoo and conditioner, soap, good beds, large TV, keyless entry. However, there are a few things missing. Toothbrush, lotion, maybe a few more toiletries. The hotel is large with only two elevators close to each other so if you have the misfortune of getting a room at the edge then it is a long walk to the elevator (although maybe because i had an injured ankle). Its near robinsons and limketkai mall so shopping is good (bought a lot from the lacoste outlet at limketkai) and food choices are plentiful. There is a swimming pool but i didnt visit it. TV has cable and is quite large

The main downside is the almost nonexistent wifi connection. I mean you can connect but thats it. no download whatsoever. Convention facilities are adequate.

Breakfast is buffet type but wholly ordinary. There are juices (powdered juice), brewed coffee, scrambled eggs, fried rice, and two meat dishes and one vegetable. Bread and pancakes are also available. for dessert, fruits and muffins. the breakfast room is nice but the food is nothing unusually good.

Room Tip: get one near the elevator
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank thefilipinobulldog

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Vietnamese first
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Stayed here with my wife during Christmas and it was a decent stay. Breakfast was plenty even though the hotel was full. Staff are very helpful and accomodating. Near Lim Ket Kai mall and Robinson's for grocerys and gifts to take back home.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brunohits
Valencia City, Philippines
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Been in this hotel twice and the best thing that this hotel can offer is the location, it is inside the limketkai center.

The breakfast is superb buffet and plenty of selections.

The receptionist are good and the guards are always on a high alert. All of their staff are friendly and will greet you all the time.

The downside of our stay is that they don't have a back-up generator at that time, there's a blackout so the hotel is so dark.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor rooms
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Scottie B
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 8 February 2014

The nice thing about this hotel is the friendly 'door men' and that they have lots of nice places to relax so you aren't just stuck in your room. The lobby is big, has wifi, nice couches and a light, airy atmosphere. There is also an additional lounge on the second floor, which also holds a nice pool, good gym (although the aircon could be cooler) and a lovely Spa. (I had a very nice massage there).
It would have been good if there was a safe in the room and also I had to request an iron (which for a 'business' hotel should really be standard in a room. You also had to iron on the bed. The hair dryer was rubbish, but if you regulary blow dry your hair, I gather you would bring your own.
We used the conference room there and it was very nice with all the equipment necessary and attentive staff.
Right next to Robinsons mall and the Rosso restaurant in the hotel was nice. It's a shame that the breakfast on level 2 was not so great and even a boiled egg option would be a good addition to their offerings. They only offered a weird scrambled egg this which was not very nice and Asian food. The fresh fruit was nice though.

Room Tip: You pay for what you get. Originally I was booked in the Superior room, which I thought was not goo...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ellebee2000
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I stay here very often. However, during my last stay the service was markedly poor compared to my usual experience with this hotel. First they made a mistake with my booking(made reservations over the phone) and gave me a room more expensive than the type I usually stay in. When I checked in and found out about the mistake, I decided to go with the more expensive room since I was only staying for 2 nights on this particular trip. However, when I checked out I decided to tell the front desk clerk about the problem. This was where it took a particularly drastic downturn. Instead of sympathizing(just even a little bit), since I just wanted to make sure it doesn't happen again, she just frowns at me and ignores my question. Very, very rude. I had to tell her that I was a regular guest at the hotel and wanted to make sure it doesn't happen again, and even asked her to write down my reservation number, which she ignores until I tell her again to please write it down and check. I must say, I was shocked at her response, considering their personnel have always been polite and accommodating. It was when I told her that I knew the hotel's owners that she changed her tone and the look on her face. I asked her to make sure to get me feedback regarding the mistake or I would have no choice but to bring it up with the hote's owners. It's been a while now, and no feedback whatsoever. I would still stay at this hotel, but I fervently hope they change their front desk staff immediately. They are sullying the otherwise good name of this nice establishment.

Room Tip: Book ahead by at least a week, they tend to be full most of the time.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Brian C

Travellers are raving about these Cagayan de Oro hotels

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 27 December 2013

This is the 7th time I have submitted this review; the site keeps freezing and I keep starting over. I am getting VERY frustrated with TripAdvisor. What I was trying to say many times is: I love this hotel. It is well located, and next to a large mall so we could buy anything we wanted. The staff is very friendly and always greeted us as we came and went. The room prices are very good so the value is great. When the Wi-Fi in our room became unreliable, they loaned us a LAN cable so we could connect to the Internet more reliably. They do not charge anything to print an airline itinerary & receipt in the Business Center. The three restaurants we ate at, Café Laguna, Tangerine Lounge, and Rosso Café had good food and a broad selection. Don't expect a great view, as the windows are rather small and the view doesn't have much to offer.

Room Tip: A view of the city is a plus, but the windows are small.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Stephen M
Manila
Reviewed 14 December 2013

This is my 4th time in this hotel; and this is my 2nd review. And I am NOT HAPPY WITH WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was originally booked at the 6th floor when in the middle of my sleep I hear HOWLING SOUNDS AND CONTINUED BANGING! It appears that I was booked in a room so close to a party that I hear everything that they do! The continued banging (thugs, thugs, thugs, whoooooooooooooo) gave me palpitations!!! I initially did not know what it is and was even afraid that there might be some really strong winds outside! When I called the front desk, they told me they are sending their SECURITY to check! What the hell!!!!! What can sending security do to the party sounds????????????????/

They asked me if I wanted to change rooms. Of course I wanted a change of room!! I have a whole day of meetings ahead of me the next day!!!!! and the meetings were unfortunately happening here in Mallberry too!!!!!

Anyway to make the long story short, they sent me to 3 different floors -- showed me about 5 smaller rooms and 1 smoking room!!!!!! And all that has kept me up and agitated!!!!!!!!!!!!! The smell of cigarettes heightened my palpitations as I am very sensitive to cigarette smoke!!!!

There I was, about an hour roaming around the hotel in my sleepwear... very haggard from the more than 5 hours of travel to CDO from Manila... at 10:50pm to almost 12mn... knowing fully well that all these aggravation, inconvenience and humiliation will keep me AWAKE THE WHOLE NIGHT!

oh did i tell you that while they were bungling up with where to place me, THEY SENT SECURITY??????????????? WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!!! ARE YOU ARRESTING ME FOR BEING AGITATED????????????????????/ The reason they gave me why they sent a security guard is because they have run out of bell men... REALLY??? the security guard CAME WITH A BELLMAN!!!!!!! HOW MANY PEOPLE DO YOU NEED TO BRING A FREAKING KEY CARD?????????????//

I SOOOOOOOOOOO HATE THIS HOTEL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask them for rooms that are not near an area where people keep banging and howling!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business