“happy stay”

Country Village Hotel
Ranked #26 of 32 Hotels in Cagayan de Oro
“happy stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

we booked into this hotel march 29thforone week,after to days we extended our stay to
may the 12th.We found the staff extremely friendly,they looked after us very well,made our stay
great infact the hotelplus every thing they had to offer&we intend to return soon .
no hesitation in recomending Counry village hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Dennis C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
cagayan de oro
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

well this a nice place to cool down..you do not have to check in to the hotel to enjoy the pool .a small fee will get you in..its a clean pool..and the grounds are ok..make sure you wear the proper swim wear..as for the food its ok..the beer could be colder..the staff is ok..it -smart to tip up front and ensure good service..the resturant is not so nice ,just ok..it's a nice place for large banquets..
the pool makes this place..its average in the rooms compared to others..i have read some of the other negative experiences and i can understand..alot expect more but in the philippines you have to understand the culture and how to get along and get what you need..as i said tipping is welcomed..and helpful..it will get your rooms cleaned..food on time..service when needed..and a smile..cant blame the staff for being not as friendly as expected when only making an average of 5 $..a day..

Room Tip: pool side is more lighted up..and not as quiet..but its easy to transfer to another room is you want...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank ricoyCagayanDeOro
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Only spent one night there... Reception and common area are ok, but hallways and room were pretty dingy. Hotel didn't take credit cards (machine was 'broken'). And as a bonus, big cockroach in the shower. Would not go back.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ltira2

Travellers are raving about these Cagayan de Oro hotels

Cagayan de Oro, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

The staffs are very friendly and hospitable. The only bad side is that they don't have a good restaurant and the foods are not good and expensive. One last thing wifi not working at all during our stay.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank simple_annephil
Northampton, England
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

I booked a Christening Reception party at this hotel in late July. The Sales/Marketing guy provided us with competitive prices on three menu options. But when we wanted to discuss in more detail later he did not answer his mobile. When we dropped by to confirm the booking his promised discount turned into nothing more than the opportunity to pay 50% up front and the balance on the day.By this time it was too late to quibble.
The large function room was beautifully prepared complete with a welcoming message for our baby on the stage.The food was served up as a buffet and we had agreed that any spare food would be ours to take away at the finish. We have very strong suspicions that not all the food was put out for guests. Even though we were about 20 down on numbers that was not reflected by the amount of spare food at the end.
One of the perks for booking there was a bonus of 5 free vouchers to use in the pool. Although the attractive pool, whirlpool bath and kid's slide were impressive features the experience was spoilt by a pool attendant who was extremely rude and petty in his interpretation of what was considered to be appropriate swimming attire.
To make matters worse this staff member was joined by his colleagues in flirting with some young women in our group and asking for cell phone numbers !!
The only redeeming element of customer service came from charming front desk ladies.
Although the hotel grounds were spacious and the pool impressive I could not in all honesty recommend this place because of the indifferent service and attitude from some staff.

Room Tip: Did not stay so cannot score or comment
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
9 Thank nevroyan2004
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

The hotel is near the airport but ones you are in the hotel, there's no means of transportation except riding taxis. There is a corkage fee if you take your food inside and it's 50pesos per meal. It's also funny that complimentary drinks were also the complimentary bottles of mineral water. We were expecting glasses of fruit juice. Breakfast is okay but really small portion. We ate at 6am and by 10am, we're already hungry. Nice lcd tv, huge. Rooms are old and my friend saw a cockroach inside the toilet. Pillows are too soft. Rooms are clean but again, old especially the bathroom. Price of accommodation is cheap which is good if you're just using the hotel to get some sleep.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Robes04
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2013

I unexpectedly visited CDO due to my elder brother death on 3rd week of March 2012. I stayed in Country Village Hotel for 11 days. The hotel do not have a good restaurant and the foods are not good and expensive. The location is not convenient to public transit, restaurants and malls. Although they have a small enclose bar in which I used to hanged out and a cozy place to wait for friends to dine in. The swimming pool were crowded with locals and the noise had reached to my room. The hotel do not have an elevator so, I have to claims the stairs up to the third floor to reach my room. In using the swimming pool,,there's no exception you have to pay 5 pesos for each towels. I am out most of the days and nights for the daily vigil so I seldom use my room.. Three times in a row at around 6:30 a.m. I came back to my room just to take my shower and change my clothes, while taking my shower the flow of the water stopped then few minutes later a dripped of liquid mud came out from shower tube...a dark brown mud...disgusting...I reported it to the front desk and the front desk clerk told me that they frequently experiencing it since after the typhoon sendong. I left the hotel without brushing my teeth and having my shower.

Room Tip: I paid a high price of the duration of my stays and I did not get a good service in return. As what...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo