“"good if you get the junior suite through AGODA"” 3 of 5 bubbles

Maxandrea Hotel
Ranked #29 of 32 Hotels in Cagayan de Oro
Quito
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,928 helpful votes
“"good if you get the junior suite through AGODA"”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

I have booked this hotel through my Agoda´s account, and couldn´t be more happier as got the best Junior Suite among hotels in Cagayan de Oro-Philippines for just USD 63, including breakfast!.
Room was quite spacious and well furnished. I even got an upgrade to their Premium Suite with no charges, cool. Although their restaurant is ordinary and very low end, the food was quite good and very tasty, so better to have it at your room. This is an old hotel that has been renovated and would still need some other improvements like the bathtub, but in turn the bed was excellent so as the living room.

The Staff was gentle and friendly, in fact they granted all of my inquiries fast and accurate, that´s something I look aside of the quality of the room.

If you are for business and will spend most of the time outside of the hotel, then is truly a must!

Room Tip: "check prices through Agoda, and get the Junior Suite...is worthy"
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
8 Thank idrovoviva

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Bacolod, Philippines
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

I had our breakfast delivered in our room and i was surprised to see a staple wire in my rice! Fortunately; I saw it while I was sharing my food with my 2-year-old son. I instantly called front desk; she apologized and she asked if I still have the staple wire. I told her that I will check it again, because I might have already thrown it in the trash already. I forgot that I placed it on the lid of the glass mug, so I called again to confirm that it was still with me, but I was disappointed not to be taken seriously this time when I heard a cheerful voice that she was more like chuckling on the other end while answering me. Before we checked out, I asked the hotel manager if she knew about the staple wire and she simply said "yes." without any apology???? VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Cagayan de Oro hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

Comparing this hotel with others in CDO it is overpriced. The rooms are nice and are spacious, clean and somehow hold the noise from other rooms. The hotel is located closely to major shopping, fast food and restaurant properties. The breakfast is Filipino orientated but you can add to it at a cost of course, but these are reasonably priced. Generally a good stay and will use this Hotel again and recommend for others.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Penrith, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

I spent nearly a week in this hotel with my companion and I found nothing I could complain about.
It was clean, the staff was very attentive and though it wasn't a 5 starts accommodation, everything was just right. Very accessible from the city centre and with reasonable prices.

Room Tip: If you need a clean accommodation at a reasonable price, this is the place. Access to the rooms was...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Ko Samui, Thailand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

Way overpriced at 2500 pesos which didnt even include breakfast!
The rooms were spacious but when you looked closely there was still evidence of the previous tenants and the room service finished way before the illustrated time
Taking into consideration its location I would put this place at max 1500 pesos per night not worth a cent more

• Stayed May 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank chris c
Davao City, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2011

I have stayed in Maxandrea for more than three times in a span of two years. Room was good, it had all the amenities to pass up as a good room.Location was also a few blocks away from Divisoria (city center), and numerous fastfood. I just did not like the service rendered by front desk. although not all of them, I have experienced being shut out while explaining my case. apparently, we had an issue on payment settlement since it will be paid by the company. I wouldn't mind staying here again, if the company is paying. If it will by own money, then I'll settle for a better place.

Room Tip: Ask the receptionist for rooms with windows, Rooms without windows are smaller, and without natural...
  • Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank sweetchick03
Southern Finland, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2011

I bargain Presidential suite for 6 nights stay really reasonable price. Room was really spacy with kig size bed , minibar and big flat tv. 2 balcanies and lot of noice reason hard traffic on the roads. Breakfast was simple and every morning the same. Front desk service really friendly but as always in Philippines credic card transaction slow. This is one of the most modern hotel in Cagayan, even elevators were good:)

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo