“I stay in phela grange in march for 17 days”

Phela Grande Hotel and Convention Center
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in General Santos
Poole, United Kingdom
“I stay in phela grange in march for 17 days”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I stayed here in march , there are 2 hotels and I stayed in the older one, I had room 301 , stay was good , room cleaned everyday and food was good , the staff really made the place as they were ever so friendly and could not do enough for you , will I stay here again , yes , I am back here in june , will try the newer hotel to see if it is as good as the old one , it will be a hard act to follow

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank williamjc55

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I stayed here for two nights on my way to a dive resort in Sarangani. Our room on the 4th floor was quite, clean and comfortable, with a small balcony that looked out over the city and the harbor. The balcony wasn't big enough to lounge on but it was nice to step out on for a view and some fresh air. The Wifi didn't work in the room and I had to go to the coffee shop for internet access. We ate at the restaurant one night and the Filipino food was prepared well. I don't know about the quality of the Western items on the menu.
The two nice things about the hotel was the coffee shop and the staff. The hotel has a coffee shop that can make real coffee, not that Nescafe or 3in1 crap that most hotels here offer. The staff was also very helpful in arranging a car for my trip to the dive resort. I spoke to the doorman and wound up saving 2000P over the price the dive resort was quoting me. My other interactions with the staff were also positive.
The hotel is located next to some restaurants, a Jollibees and some local shopping stores but be advised that there is not much to do in GenSan.

Room Tip: A room on a higher floor will get you a good view of the area
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RadarKing
Anthem, Arizona
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Very nice well kept hotel and the staff is very attentive and friendly. I spent a week at the phela grande and honestly cannot complain about one thing. Everyone down to the driver, went out of their way to be helpful and made my stay great. I highly reccomend the Phela Grande to anyone looking to stay in GenSan.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank cferrell88
Escondido
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Plus:
2nd floor is remodelled
Usually full, I could only stay one day
I paid p1000 on promo rate I think value is p1200-1500, better hotels are p2000-5000 in Gensan
quiet mini-split AC
Stylish interior restaurant and lobby for meetings

MInus:
Outside is a noisy area with unpleasant patio. I would pick a a different place if I wanted tranquility outside
no elevator to second floor

Room Tip: 2nd floor is remodelled reserve in advance
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Eastwood77
Vladivostok, Russia
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel, the staffs were really great . the frontdesk staffs are very fast and efficient, when it comes to deal with the guests during check-in, i'm thankful coz they granted me an early check-in even i'm a bit exhausted and tired because of long hours of travel they really made me smile and also thank you for the welcome drink, guys you are such a wonderful people (keep up the good work ). One thing i love in this hotel is the FOOD very affordable and delicious(breakfast are good too). i really want to go back at this hotel next time.

Room Tip: rooms at the 4th floor are nice.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Gernum R
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 12 March 2013

I really enjoyed staying at this hotel in Dec. 2012, and the staff was accommodating. Initially I was booked in the main part of the hotel, and the room was just off the front road, and was noisy. The staff moved me to a room in the annex, which was nice and quiet. I liked my room in the annex even better than my original room, and the annex room was not only larger, but was more modern. The rooms at this hotel are reasonable in price, and I was completely happy there. I had a matrimonial standard room, with breakfast included. The breakfast was ok, but nothing special. The staff were nice and even bought some complimentary bananas up to my room a couple of times, which were really appreciated in the hot and humid weather. The hotel is located fairly close to downtown General Santos, and I could walk to the downtown area in around 10 minutes. The hotel has an airport shuttle service, which you should take, as the taxis from the airport are expensive and can cost around 300 pesos. I would definitely stay at this hotel if I am in General Santos again. I have fond memories of this hotel.

Room Tip: Taxis from the airport are expensive, and can cost 300 pesos. Take the hotel's airport shuttle s...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank D0nald2010
Butuan, Philippines
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I chose this hotel based on the positive Trip Advisor reviews. The hotel looks dated but it is well maintained and clean. Service is a bit of a mixed bag. I observed that some of their hotel staff were warm and helpful while the rest were indifferent and cold. Looks like they need some consistency on this aspect.
My room was fine (single room for 850 pesos) and spacious.The basic hotel room amenities are covered well covered here, it was good enough for a good night sleep. Breakfast was yummy and filling. I would recommend this hotel for travelers who seek comfort and budget friendly rates.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo