“A very accommodating hotel.”

Phela Grande Hotel and Convention Center
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in General Santos
Canberra, Australia
“A very accommodating hotel.”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

The very accommodating hotel,I've ever been during my- Philippine trip. I admired the way they treated their guests. I choose this hotel because of the good reviews, and its really nice hotel. I asked of one the front desk how old is the hotel and he told me,The hotel is already 25 years in business. No-wonder they got the long years ,because of their efficient service, and the food was great. I stayed at the 4th floor the room was new and the cleanliness was good.To the staff of this hotel, I salute you all. you did your job very well. you were the GEM of this hotel.Highly recommended hotel!

Room Tip: Room at the 4th floor are new.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank sollamentemorne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Cavite City, Philippines
Reviewed 3 July 2013

The airport transfer was a plus and the driver is very accomodating.. we stayed here for 2 days during my grandma's funeral. The room was clean but rustic. They had old aircon that is so noisy. We had problem with our breakfast according to the waiter that we only one breakfast. But when I inquired to book for my sisters room this june each room will have the same number of breakfast and the occupant. Basta gulo nila. But with a tight budget this will be the best hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank mincecc
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 14 June 2013 via mobile

I'm supposed to write a much better review, however I encountered a little bit of problem with the frontdesk at the time when I was paying the bill. They gave me unsigned charges wherein when I asked for a breakdown so I could
recall and double check, they can't provide one. I was even blamed by the staff for not keeping track of the breakdown of our orders. This is the only hotel I encountered which demands the customer to write down in detail the food ordered as well as its prices.

Nevertheless, hotel is good on outside facilities -especially the coffee shop. I like the feel of security by having a K9 inspect all baggages. However, low average for the room- old sheets, old pillows and leaking bathroom faucets.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank ChristianBerrey
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 12 June 2013

We loved every moment of our stay in Gen San thanks to this lovely place we could go home to each night. It's at the quiet side of the city (All the malls are in Lagao) It's a very clean and well-maintained hotel. Room service was great. They have free airport transfers. The staff was very polite and helpful. Will definitely recommend this to anyone who will go to Gen. Santos City.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank The_Finicky_Squid
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I stayed here in march , there are 2 hotels and I stayed in the older one, I had room 301 , stay was good , room cleaned everyday and food was good , the staff really made the place as they were ever so friendly and could not do enough for you , will I stay here again , yes , I am back here in june , will try the newer hotel to see if it is as good as the old one , it will be a hard act to follow

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank williamjc55
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I stayed here for two nights on my way to a dive resort in Sarangani. Our room on the 4th floor was quite, clean and comfortable, with a small balcony that looked out over the city and the harbor. The balcony wasn't big enough to lounge on but it was nice to step out on for a view and some fresh air. The Wifi didn't work in the room and I had to go to the coffee shop for internet access. We ate at the restaurant one night and the Filipino food was prepared well. I don't know about the quality of the Western items on the menu.
The two nice things about the hotel was the coffee shop and the staff. The hotel has a coffee shop that can make real coffee, not that Nescafe or 3in1 crap that most hotels here offer. The staff was also very helpful in arranging a car for my trip to the dive resort. I spoke to the doorman and wound up saving 2000P over the price the dive resort was quoting me. My other interactions with the staff were also positive.
The hotel is located next to some restaurants, a Jollibees and some local shopping stores but be advised that there is not much to do in GenSan.

Room Tip: A room on a higher floor will get you a good view of the area
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RadarKing
Anthem, Arizona
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Very nice well kept hotel and the staff is very attentive and friendly. I spent a week at the phela grande and honestly cannot complain about one thing. Everyone down to the driver, went out of their way to be helpful and made my stay great. I highly reccomend the Phela Grande to anyone looking to stay in GenSan.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo