Sorak Park Hotel
The House Hostel(Sokcho)(Great Value!)
US$35
  • Breakfast included
Hanwha Resort Seorak Sorano(Sokcho)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$174
US$147
Casa Seorak(Sokcho)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Needs a complete renovation, carpets are filthy, holes in bed sheets, grubby towels and no facilities but still charging 150 USD for a double room. wifi only available in lobby, only one restaurant open for dinner. Kensington is closer to Seorak Mountain and better.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Khunclive
Reviewed 13 October 2013

The hotel is not new but it gives me a fresh feeling as the air around is very good. As I took a cable ride up to the Soraksan mountain top, I can see the hotel from up and above (see my photo). The hotel is located near the national park so it is very convenient to go explore the park without haste. My bedroom has a private balcony which offers a breathtaking view of the mountain scenery.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank piyawadee11
Reviewed 8 May 2013

This hotel is a bit dated. However, its a good place to stay overnight as it is the only hotel in the area others were just small motels. Although our breakfast was just set menu, it was still good. Its a big lobby were we can even dance at nice using our music.

We have balcony in the room and the room was bigger than Yoido HOtel. They have wifi in the lobby only unlike Yoido hotel.

Room Tip: Its a nice place to jog in the morning
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Yana711
Reviewed 14 March 2013

This large hotel was pretty empty when I stayed here with a Korean friend who chose the room because it was heavily discounted on the Internet. The lack of other guests and the fact that many of the facilities were closed gave it a cavernous, deserted feel, and they seem to be saving money on heating the public areas. The hotel is a good example of grand 1970s architecture, which might not be to everyone's taste. It seemed reasonably well-maintained, although some of the fittings and equipment were a bit dated. The location is good for the nearby national park and good mountain views from the room, with an unexpected bonus when a group of wild pigs wandered past the French window at the rear of the foyer! . Staff were friendly and helpful, but that was perhaps helped by having a Korean-speaking friend with me. The efficient and courteous maid was extremely grateful and surprised when we tipped her: I guess that doesn't happen often. The knock-down price for the room made it good value for money.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank andrewmilton
Reviewed 14 October 2012

I am frustrated that my travel agent arranged us a night stay over this hotel(Luckily only for a night).I did expect alot from this hotel but it turned otherwise. Too many rooms for improvement. The hotel crews hardly understand English (I have to used sign language) and rude (probably they werent comfortable when i used English to communicate with them), dark corridors along the way to my room and room iwas dirty ( the mattress are stained with yellow spots). But, on the bright side, i had a good view of Mount Sorak from my room.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family