“Awesome B&B Pension!”

Esher House Pension
Ranked #3 of 58 Sokcho B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed at Hana's Pension and we loved it. The room was very roomy and the AC worked great. We had everything we needed in the room. Hana was great and would be bring breakfast to our room every morning. The pension is right across the street from the beach and the room had wonderful views of the ocean (we stayed in Yegrina). If you need a nice, relaxing place, we definitely recommend Esher House Pension. Also, Hana went out of her way to help translate our dinner and talk to our taxi driver to get us home.

Room Tip: Feel free to text or email Hana. She answered all of my questions very promptly.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
에쉐르하우스펜션, 오너 at Esher House Pension, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Hello Barbara
Thank you for your resent stay with Sokcho Esher house pension.
I appreciate your valuable feedback on Trip advisor.
You’ll be surprised how much your review will help me.^^
I am grateful for everything.
Esher house means 'happy house'.
I hope my pension makes you happy for a long time.^^

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Very basic but well equipped. 2 mins from the beach. Drive away from other amenities. The owner Hannah was helpful and well versed in English (super help in Korea)
A sand based Playgroud right opposite. Parking onsite. Some balconies have lovely sea views.
Management Lacks patience in noise level with kids. We were told a few times to control noise level, not to my liking. Sand is not allowed in - so wash/clean feet at the door & then shower down before you can go to your room. You'd again be reminded a few times.
I'd recommend - for a low & simple expectation accommodation. And I'd stay if I had no other choices.

Stayed: June 2014
에쉐르하우스펜션, 오너 at Esher House Pension, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Hello
Thank you for your resent stay with Sokcho Esher house pension and posting a valuable review on Trip Advisor .
I am sorry to hear you experience inconvenience at my pension.
But a range of other guests from many countries stayed at my pension.
They usually want to get enough rest for next day trip schedule.
My other guests except you continuously asked for me to keep your children voice down.
I could not ignore their request.
It seems that we will just have to agree to understood each other's position.
Please understand my stance considering floor noise and ringing in my hallway.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

We had a very good experience in Esher House Pension, very well located in front of the beach, at 5 mn walking from the bus stop to the centre of the town, at 5 mn by taxi from the Bus Station,..
A good place to enjoy both the sea side, and the harbour with fish restaurants and the wonderfonful Seoraksan Mountain.
The hotel is new, rooms are very spatious, clean, and you can even cook in the room.
Hana is a very kind, helpfull and careful hostess.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
에쉐르하우스펜션, 오너 at Esher House Pension, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear María-Yvonne López
Thank you for your resent stay with Sokcho Esher house pension.
I appreciate your valuable feedback on Trip advisor.
I feel much better after seeing this.
I have a clear recollection of you(beautiful mom & lovely daughter).
I'll always have fond memories of you
Thank you for attending and responding my words.
Once again, thank you very much and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Sokcho Esher house pension in the near future.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We rented two room at the Esher House in May 2014 and couldn't have been more pleased. The rooms are large, comfortable and well equipped. We only stayed two nights but with the small kitchen it would have been a great place to stay a week or longer. Out hostess Hana made breakfast for us each morning and delivered to our rooms.

It is in a great location for beach access. It is a 10 - 15 minute walk to the bus stop. We used taxis a few times. Hana had emailed us directions to the Esher House in Korea prior to our arrival so the Taxis drivers could easily find it.

Hana has taught herself English via the internet, which is very helpful in a city that has few English speakers.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank rsiggins
에쉐르하우스펜션, 오너 at Esher House Pension, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Hello^^
Thank you for staying with Sokcho Esher house pension and posting a valuable review on Trip Advisor.
I am very appreciative and grateful to you.
I heard you came to meet your daughter and hoped you have a good memories in Sokcho with my pension.
Sokcho city is the most popular in Summer.
Due to Sokcho beach's convenient location and natural beauty, it was voted as being the best place for people to enjoy their summer.
I’ll remember you till then.^^

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed at the pension for 3 nights and was greeted by Hana who was absolutely lovely and very helpful.

We stayed in a family room which was very spacious and had 2 double beds a dining table and a small kitchen area. The shower was powerful and water was always nice and hot. The accommodation was very clean and had underfloor heating, which was nice on the feet.

Breakfast was good although there were a couple of bits we had left because we are not use to Korean food. Hana was very perceptive and provided more continental food the following days.

The only thing we were not use to was the small towels as we use bath sheets at home.

I would definitely recommend staying here to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
에쉐르하우스펜션, 오너 at Esher House Pension, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Hello^^
Thank you very much for visiting us and posting such a welcoming review.
I am very appreciative and grateful to you.

Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed on the sixth floor with a seaview, which comes with a Jacuzzi that overlooks the sea, which is really nice. As the rest had said, the room is comfortable and clean. The location is tranquil, the beach is nearby but not the best. We drove and got here easily, thanks to the English GPS. Hana is very warmth host, she speaks good English and always smiling. My room did not come with a washing machine so I used the one at level 1. She helped me with the operation of the machine (in korean language only) and even carried the laundry to the room when completed. She would prepare breakfast and served it at your convenient time. A very nice experience that we won't forget.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sally S
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Hana and her welcoming family have created a clean, gracious spot for us here in Sokcho. With her charming ways and helpful attitude she offers us English only guests just what we hoped for. We were upgraded without even requesting it Breakfast is delightful beginning for our days of adventuring into this beautiful city.

Room Tip: Ask Hana! She wants you to enjoy your stay.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple