The Picturebook Guesthouse
J2 hotel(Mae Sot)
First Hotel(Mae Sot)
Maesot Siri(Mae Sot)
TripAdvisor
All reviewspicture booksocial enterpriselovely placeguest housemap roomyoga classesyoung peopletraining programstandard room isenjoyed my stayan oasislaundry servicesitting areathe main roadborder townpad thaiguesthouse
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Quiet, clean, comfortable, friendly multilingual staff and something interesting, beautiful or thought provoking to see wherever you look. Give this place a try – you won’t regret it.It's a great place to stay whether you are in Mae Sot on business or pleasure. Hire a bike to get about and enjoy being there. Be sure not to miss the many details of interest throughout.

Room Tip: Check out themed rooms to link with your interests.If TV is important go for the higher priced rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 August 2012

The Picturebook Guesthouse is a lovely place to stay in Mae Sot. It is located on a quiet side street. The thoughtful and artistic design of the interior and exterior make this guesthouse restful and welcoming. The staff are very helpful and the breakfast pancakes are delicious!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank D T
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Wow, amazing, best ever! I stayed at the picture book guesthouse on a flying visit to Mae Sot. It was a return journey for me and I have stayed previously in pretty much all of the other places in Mae Sot. I can confidently say that not only is it by far the best guest house in Mae Sot (possibly the best I have stayed in globally- not kidding), it is also really good for the Karma Points! The team have surpassed themselves in the design of the rooms, gardens and in the service. The attention to detail was awe inspiring with so many hand made homely touches. I stayed in the flying room which I highly recommend. Am I raving about this too much? If you go to Mae Sot, stay at picture book. If you don't you really will miss out!

Room Tip: Flying Room!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Jenny C
Reviewed 4 August 2012

I stayed in the Picturebook a few times since it recently opened. I'm working in the NGO industry so Mae Sot is on my travel schedule often. This is not just a guesthouse but also a great place to chill out, enjoy your room, the company with other guests as well as a drink and a good and healthy breakfast. All rooms have different themes but I could not say which one is my favorite yet since I have not stayed in all of them yet. Ultimately I will be able to tell. What I like in particular is the fact that the guesthouse serves as an educational facility for young Burmese women and men. So my money is even well spent in this social enterprise. Well done Patrick !

Room Tip: Go for the upstairs rooms if you need a TV but stick to downstairs if you look for a chat with your fellow guests.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 July 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at Picturebook for a week, and loved it. The rooms were extremely comfortable and clean. We both enjoyed delicious breakfasts in the garden. It's a beautiful, comfortable and very friendly place.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple